The staff was very friendly right from the beginning!
On the first day Barbara (at the reception) received us with a big smile and marked some "must-go" spots on the map, moreover, she offered immediately to send an e-mail to the Parliament to get us a spot in a guided tour (which we didn't know that had to be booked in advance, and we managed to do it thanks to her!). We ate breakfast there and asked if there would be brown bread, which they got specifically for us, and that was very kind.
The bedrooms are not very spacious but are clean (the mattresses of the bed are great!), just like the bathrooms. There was a weird pipe nose coming from the bathroom, very annoying, but it didn't keep us from sleeping so it was fine.
Outside the hotel there's a metro and tram station, so you get anywhere very quick! But anyway, we almost never used them: walking in Budapest makes you experience the city in a totally different way (we went in December and it was fine to walk, despite of the cold), and it's very easy to get from the hotel anywhere! (There are a lot of homeless people "leaving" on the metro station, that creeped us out in the beginning but they just stand there so if you son't bother looking it'll be ok)
On the last day we checked-out very early and didn't find anywhere to mail some postcards so we left them on an envelope at the reception door asking if they could post them for us, and the did it.
Even though not being a very fancy hotel, it's very comfortable and in a good location, we'd definitely stay there again :)
- Also Known As:
- Europa Centerpoint Budapest Hotel
- Europa Centerpoint Budapest Hotel Budapest
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Europa Centerpoint Budapest is set in a building dating from 1860. Located at the Blaha Lujza metro station, it offers nicely furnished, air-conditioned and non-smoking rooms.Guests enjoy free Wi-Fi as well as wired internet access in all rooms free of charge. Parking is available at a location nearby, charges are applicable. The Jewish Museum is only 150 metres away from the Centerpoint Guesthouse. The Keleti Railway Station can be reached within one tram stop. The staff of the Europa Centerpoint Hotel Budapest will be happy to inform about local sights and give recommendations regarding the numerous restaurants close by. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, HostelBookers, Hotels.com, Venere, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Tingo so you can book your Europa Centerpoint Budapest reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.