“Excellent atmosphere, food and service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Marquis de Salade

Marquis de Salade
VI. Hajos u. 43, Budapest, Hungary (Terézváros)
1/302-4086
Improve this listing
Ranked #957 of 1,984 Restaurants in Budapest
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Terézváros
Description: Russian, Azeri; http://www.frommers.com/destinations/budapest/D42120.html
Budapest, Hungary
“Excellent atmosphere, food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

I am a foreign student living my second year in Budapest. Mostly indigence of time doesn't allow me to cook at home. Thats why I decide to visit restaurants. Marquis de Salade is the best that I have visited in Budapest. If you want to feel yourself in good atmosphere, taste delicious foods from three different countries, then it is your address.

I am sure you wont get disappointed! As a student I recommend Marquis De Salade!

• Visited April 2013

• Turkish first
“Must try! :)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013 via mobile

Just in one sentence : "Fresh and tasty!"
Really, nice food, like homemade by mom or grandmom :)
Waiters are helpful, we try white wine, Chardonnay, was very fresh and light...
Good for lunch. Hope, for dinner also :)
I had just lunch experience.

Budapest, Hungary
“Close to Opera, nice atmosphere and welcoming staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

I am foreigner in Budapest and visit this restaurant periodically. I mostly like the atmosphere, interior and approach of staff to the clients. The location is quite good, it is close to Opera and right place to have dinner after opera & ballet shows. It has long menu with different varieties from Azerbaijani, Russian and Hungarian cuisine. The receipts are collected from the local people and give good feeling of their local food. We sometimes even meet owner there, she is nice person to talk and give feedback. It is recommended place for all purposes (family, group of friends, couples, business meetings, etc.)

• Visited March 2013
USA
“What a disappointment”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

The intriguing menu featured Hungarian, Russian, and Azerbaijani specialities. The door opened onto an inviting lounge, decorated with cozy-looking upholstery in warm tones and a flattering light. And it all went downhill from there.

Instead of being seated in the welcoming lounge, we were led downstairs to a dimly lit, barrel-ceilinged cave; in another life, this might have evoked a rustic atmosphere, but with the two of us the only customers throughout our meal, it just felt abandoned and sad. After perusing the lengthy menu, we made our choices; dinner came quickly and it was not long before I wished I'd read a little longer and chosen differently. My meal of stuffed grape leaves was the furthest thing from fresh - tired is more like it, and the uninspired filling gave no impression that it would have delighted even when fresh. Even the wine was mediocre - and that's hard to do in Budapest.

The waiter tried hard to please, but then again - he enthused about the menu and our selections, so he might not be the best one to go by. Maybe he was right, and we just caught them at a bad time. But there are too many good restaurants in this town, why go back to one that falls so far short.

• Visited February 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Bratislava, Slovakia
“Fantastic, a must if you're vegetarian!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

This was a highlight, worth the walk and a very different food experience. There are at least six veggie options and the two we tried were fabulous. Downstairs in a barrel vault, great service, and lots of Hungarian wine to try. We two aussies can't recommend it enough!

• Visited December 2012