“Great time” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Aquaworld Resort Budapest

You added Aquaworld Resort Budapest to your Saves list
Aquaworld Resort Budapest
4.0 of 5 Spa   |   16 Ives Str, Budapest 1044, Hungary (Formerly Ramada Resort Aquaworld Budapest)   |
Offers & Announcements
Chill out! 2=3
Ranked #65 of 333 Hotels in Budapest
Kent UK
“Great time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

This was a great place to go to.
I travelled with my 2 boys - 10yr and 2yr old. It had taken me such a long time to decide on where to go for the half term break that will cater for all our needs. As I travelled without my husband (away on business), I wanted some serious me time. So I will break down different aspects of the trip:

Money - I travelled with Euros but quickly found out that aside from the hotel and maybe taxis, you had to use the Hungarian Currency - Forinth. This was a tad bit inconveniencing for me as I had already changed pounds to Euros and had to change Euros to Forinth. So I am sure with all the exchange rates an commissions, I would have had more for my money if i went straight from GBP to Forinth.

Hotel

You have to order a hotel transfer from the airport ahead of time - you are given the option of going through town which is cheaper and longer or going on the motorway which is faster and more expensive.
Check in/out was uneventful. On reading the reviews of this hotel before going, I asked for the Budda Hils view. I paid an extra 18 Euros per night for this privilege. Don't get me wrong the view was lovely but if like us you will be out an about, you might just see it as an added perk.

The rooms were clean and we had ordered a cot for the little one which was already in the room on arrival.

The Wifi connection in the hotel was very good.

The restaurant was very nice and the food was great. My older son was a bit picky and since he judges his food by its familiar appearance, he was more comfortable eating foods he recognised. I was happy with almost everything - so no complaints from me.

We went half board which meant breakfast and dinner included. Drinks were extra.

I did have to take a 20min walk to the local shopping Centre Asyan (Pronounced Ocean - sorry if I have spelt this wrong) for bureau de change (GBP to Forint) and to buy a few drinks etc for the children.
I did get stung at the bar when I thought happy hour applied to all cocktails. It was only for 1 cocktail. Didn't stop me ordering another though as it was absolutely delicious.

The aquaworld which you could access with your room key was lovey too as the kiddies section was heated and my little one absolutely loved the slides and play area. My older son was able to do his own thing in other areas which he loved too.

There;s the Spa area where you can get pampered and I took advantage and booked myself in for a deep stone massage which was heavenly. I was so relaxed I thought my bones had turned to jelly.

There's also the Kiddies Bongo club which is a playhouse next to the restaurant in the hotel. The kids loved going there. So for a few hours a day you could leave the kids there whilst you get up to anything without straying too far just in case of emergencies.

There is a free shuttle into the city centre Hero's square - which we missed so we ventured out on the local bus which was not too bad at all. It is worth doing the tour as the Budda Hills houses any beautiful sites - such as the budda castle, Fisherman's Bastilion to name a few.
There's lots of walking so my little ones were not too keen after 3 hours so it was back to the hotel and aquaworld. We visited a circus at heros square which was also wonderful, an old transport museum and a flea market. There's a zoo at Hero's square but we skipped that. The free shuttle bus is also available to take you back to the hotel.

All in all - I would definitely love to go back but with hubby this time so that I can steal more time away to really take in the sites.

Budapest didn't seem culturally diverse at all but that might be due to a number of reasons. That didn't matter to me though as I had one mission and that was to have a great restful half term week. And I did just that. Thank you to the staff of Ramada Aquaworld for making our stay enjoyable.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Belgrade, Serbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

I stayed last weekend in this hotel and , if you want a real break this is right place for it. Isolated, 20min from down town by car, or by hotel shuttle, this hotel is in the peaceful surrounding. Rooms are comfortable, wireless internet working well in every part of resort, food is excellent and wellnes and aquapark are impressive. Sauna village is very well equiped and you can enjoy in swedish, infrared, aroma, cristal and couple more saunas, as well as tepidarium and steam bath. Aqua world is full of different content for fun( for kids and for grown up) such as toboggans, massage pools with different water temperature, indoor and outdoor. But , if you want to come to wellnes department directly from room, you have to pay for slippers and towels if you don't have your own. Who bring those things in hotel like this? Also, there is no shampoo in 4star hotel?

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

Stayed there for 5 nights with my pregnant girlfriend in july. The best what I can say: 5-star experience in a 4 star hotel!

Arriving to the hotel we got a very warm welcome by Tamas at the front desk. He gave us so much information about Budapest and was always there to help! Once my girlfriend needed a special medicine. Tamas made lot of telephone calls to help us. Furthermore he is a big football fan so if you want to visit a sports bar ask him! He has many useful tips!

Facilities (Aquaworld and Spa) are great. The food was very good with plenty of choice. The hotel is a little bit far from the center but in a nice area, and a big shopping mall (auchen) is just a 10 minutes walk from the hotel.

Rooms and services realy value the price. I wish that it stays the same always!

Thank you management and team!

I will definitely be returning to this hotel and would recommend to others!

Room Tip: Choose a room with a view to the pools.!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
London, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

Most negative reviews relate to the breakfast and air-conditioning. We didn't have breakfast, so I cannot comment, and the air-con didn't seem excessively loud, though not the quietest I've experienced either.

The hotel is great with access to the motorways taking you into Budapest city centre within 25min. The resort itself is very good, with some great offers for Aquaworld Waterpark (EUR10 per person for a day pass) when booked on their room rate which states "50% off Aquaworld prices". This isn't advertised, so you need to ask the reception of this promotional rate. They market an alternative Breakfast, Waterpark + Spa package for EUR30 which is also good value if you want to avail all of those.

We had a three bedroom suite, which was very good sized, with two bathrooms, and a kitchen with microwave. The only downside was that there were only two rooms, and the other 2 beds came from sofa beds, which although comfortable, were within the main "sitting room/lounge" area. This easily accommodated six of us. Their apartment/suite blocks are attached to the hotel (connected through a short walkway) and you can park your car right outside.

We had an incident in Budapest city centre, whereby our car was broken into. On a weekend, no glass replacement was available, and with a 4hr drive the following day to Austria, we couldn't drive with a broken window. Their reception staff was very helpful and asked maintenance personnel to cover the window with plastic sheeting at 10pm in the evening, to help us on our onward journey. This service, alongwith that of other hotel staff was great.

They also allowed us to do a late checkout at 6pm for a very reasonable EUR39.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Bucharest, Romania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

The room looks very good - large enough and clean and the beds were good quality. One downside of this hotel is that it's in the middle of nowhere - but this is a thing you can easily find out while booking it, by looking up it's location.
There was some supervisor at the reception when I checked in there that had quite an arrogant attitude all the time that she was talking to me. I noticed she was doing that with other guests as well.
The ventilation in the room was quite loud (although I had turned it off!!!), good that I was all the time very tired so I could get to sleep easily.

This hotel gets 4 out of 5 just because the room looked very good and clean.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Lublin, Poland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

the price to enter aquaworld is roughly the same as some of the thermal baths in budapest. However, this place is 10 times more valueable than those places. not only are there different water slides, but if you are just looking for outdoor sauna in a cold days, it's got that too, I went to Gellert Bath in downtown, and man, that Gellert bath looks so nice from the outside, but so old and dirty from the inside, and it's packed with people.

definately visit aquaworld if you don't mind the 30 min travel, there is free shuttle bus from hero square to it

by the way, Ramada's breakfast is expensive but does not live up to its price by any means
if you book the room from Ramada's official site, there is unlimited access to Aquaworld

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Szombathely, Hungary
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

Excellent hotel on the confines of Budapest, on a calm place of the city. Ramada is beautiful inside, rooms are clean, big enough and king size bed is really comfortable. The restaurant is also nice and the food is fine with rich assortment. Aquaworld is professional, really good pools and watershoots inside and outside. The bar in there serves also good food.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple