“Overall very good” 4 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Lorinc pap ter 2, Budapest 1088, Hungary   |
Ranked #3 of 332 Hotels in Budapest
“Overall very good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Very nice decor, staff were great, breakfast was very good. Only downside was the room was quite small. 10-15minute walk into centre of town and all the bars/restaurants which was really handy. Quick tip: don't drink at the bar in the hotel, there are plenty of places nearby that are a quarter of the price and have more atmosphere!

Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (431)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

We booked the Palazzo Zichy after looking at great reviews on Tripadvisor and we were not disappointed.
On arriving the reception staff were so friendly and helpful, room was spotlessly clean and the bed so very comfy.
The breakfast was fantastic so much choice from a hot and cold buffet .
I would definitely recommend this hotel to my friends and would not hesitate to stay there myself again.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW via mobile

2nd day here, the hotel is absolutely stunning, the staff are friendly & helpful and the breakfast is beautiful. Short walk to bars, restaurants and public transport. Would definitely stay here again.

Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Had an absolutely amazing weekend stay at Hotel Palazzo Zichy. The hotel is beautiful and we loved our room. The breakfast was fantastic and food was constantly being replenished. Most importantly, the staff were some of the best I've ever dealt with. No problem was ever too small for them and they always went above and beyond to help. I would highly recommend and would go straight back next time I find myself in Budapest. Thanks for a wonderful stay!

Perpignan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

This was my first trip to Budapest so I can't compare the Palazzo Zichy with other hotels in the city, but I travel quite a bit and can honestly say that this was one of the most friendly and welcoming hotels I've stayed in anywhere in Europe and North America. The reception staff, the bar staff and breakfast room staff were all very helpful, friendly, and really made my 5-night stay a pleasure. I was in Budapest for work and found my room very well set up for that - the wifi worked well and the business centre was great when I needed to print some things. All in all, I felt very well looked after and very at home. The building itself is great and the rooms are comfortable, spacious and have a real sense of style. It's very good value and I'd certainly stay here again on another trip.

Room Tip: I had a room that faced in towards the inner courtyard of the hotel - it was always completely quiet...
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

This place is fantastic. Period.

Mid 20s traveling with fiance, from the US. This place was elegant and classy. Great decor. Comfortable beds. Amazing staff. I was at a sightseeing place and the cabs there were ripping me off. I called the front desk on my cell and had them order me a cab, in hungarian, to come pick me up, at a much better rate. They were more than willing.
They also sent up complimentary champaigne to the room upon arrival.

The hotel breakfast was truly fantastic and everything you could want to keep you full until dinner. It was a huge savings to have that and we thoroughly enjoyed it. It included cheeses, hot and cold food, salads, spreads, breads, cereals, juices, coffee, etc.

I found the hotel to be well located. We did have to take a cab (or public transportation) to some of the sites, but we could walk to others. I have no complaints about location (especially if you visit in warmer months). We visited in December and were still OK with walking to a few places.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

We stayed just one night but would highly recommend - clean and comfortable hotel and staff were great - they should be your first port of call for any information/tickets etc as many things (incl. thermal baths) can be booked at reception. Always order taxis via the hotel reception - the one time we took one off the street, we paid three times the normal fare!

• Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Palazzo Zichy? Share your experiences!