“Beautiful weeks stay!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 333 Hotels in Budapest
Gloucestershire
“Beautiful weeks stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

The hotel was beautiful, service amazing and clean, clean, clean!!! The spa area was brilliant, the gym slightly limited but you never use that on a holiday anyway!

The staff were friendly and so helpful to us, the receptionist Catherine and barman Goran (I think that was his name) were particularly good. If I were to go to Budapest again I would without hesitation stay here!!

Only criticism was the boiled eggs were cold which is not what I'm used to in the Uk but other than that just perfect!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (488)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
San Diego
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

The best choice I could have made! First off, I made a mistake in my online reservation. I emailed the manager and she very quickly corrected everything with no problem! When I arrived, the room was spotless, modern and very elegant. It is in an old building but the rooms are spectacular! I loved coming to this room after my day was over. The best part of this hotel is the service which is fabulous. The last day I had to get a taxi and requested the hotel lobby receptionist call one for me which accepted credit card. The front lady said not to worry that they can charge it to my final bill- this was such a convenience for me. I call this excellent service.

On top of this, the breakfast is nicely prepared and there is always coffee and tea in the lobby area. I will not hesitate to stay here again or recommend this establishment.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
chester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

**Listen to this for service!, my girlfriend realised she had left her swimsuit in the bathroom after we left the Hotel, and while we were on the plane back to the UK, they had e-mailed her to say that they had found it, and not to worry as they were posting it back to us F.O.C that day!!**

The Hotel Palazzo Zichy was tucked away opposite a square and a church, it's modest entrance gave way to a beautiful reception area staffed by friendly efficient staff. The rooms were chic, the breakfast was really good and the staff could not do enough for you.

The rooms were really quiet at night so the sleep quality was excellent and the view from our room gave us a glimpse of day to day city life in Budapest.

It's a great base for exploring the city, as Budapest's public transport system is excellent.

To find your way to the Hotel if you don't want to take a cab, the easiest way is to get a bus from the Airport terminal until it gets to a large shopping centre, then you get on the subway and leave that 10 mins away from the hotel.

***Traveller TIp 1 - Visit the Rudas Baths and have a massage! quality! **

***Traveller Tip 2 - Don't accept the 200ft note as change, its obsolete as I discovered, also be careful to count your money if you exchange it at one of the bureau de changes in the tourist area, I was scalped of £20.00 but did not realise until I got back to the hotel, apart from those little things Budapest is an excellent place to visit.***

Room Tip: Ask for a a room with a nice view and a bath...
Kingston upon Thames
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

Accompanied by two friends I visited Budapest for the first time in early Feb. Our choice of hotel made a superb start and base for our visit. The rooms were superb and the service just so welcoming and excellent. Breakfast each morning was a delight - fresh and varied and delivered by staff par excellent. This quality of service was replicated by the every helpful Reception staff to the personable and attentive barman, Gabor.

The Hotel's location is well placed and we look forward to a return in warmer weather so we can enjoy the street culture that obviously abounds in the neighbourhood.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Judit_Rozsa, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Palazzo Zichy, responded to this review, March 2, 2014
Dear „KingstonTraveller55”,

I am glad that you had enjoyed your stay at our Hotel Palazzo Zichy, let me thank you for sharing your experiences with the travellers on TripAdvisor. Your patronage is highly appreciated.
It made me really happy to see that you had found our hotel to be an excellent choice to discover Budapest.
I also would like to thank you for your compliments on our rich breakfast buffet, our great location and the service provided by my colleagues at the Reception and in the bar.
We are looking forward to welcoming you back to our Hotel Palazzo Zichy, hopefully very soon!

England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

I was swayed between 4 and 5 stars for this hotel. 5 stars for the beautiful hotel with excellent service and 4 because it doesn't have tea and coffee making facilities in the rooms. However I decided on 5 because we could live without the T & C facilities just for once and the breakfast was one of the best we've experienced in a city hotel. They did serve coffee in the lounge before 5 pm but we never seemed to get back in time!! The hotel was extremely good value for money and we would highly recommend it.

We found some nice restaurants nearby and the Danube is about 10 minutes walking distance. A lovely city to visit, it exceeded our expectations. Particularly good were the Opera House, the thermal baths, the Hop On Hop off bus service and the cakes!! Not to mention the Hungarian 'champagne'!!

Dear „YorkielassEngland”,

Let me thank you for staying at our Hotel Palazzo Zichy during your city break in Budapest.
I was happy to see that you had enjoyed your visit and our hotel, our facilities and services could meet or even exceed your expectations.

I also would like to thank you for the suggestions you made regarding acitivities, I am sure many travellers will find them very helpful.

I would like to thank you for your positive feedback posted on the most popular travellers’ site. We hope to have the opportunity to meeting you soon again.

With best regards,

5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

Good looking hotel on the inside, with stylish buffet breakfast and conveniently placed close to tram/metro and easy walking distance to thermal spa indoor market and Borrso Bistro fab foodie 5 mins away loved this hotel for style and value for money.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Dear „Sarah L”,

Thank you very much for staying with us at our Hotel Palazzo Zichy and for sharing your experiences with the travelling community.
It made me truly happy to see that you had enjoyed your city break and you had been pleased with our breakfast service and with our great location.
Your compliments are highly appreciated and we are very much looking forward to welcoming you again!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

We had the most enjoyable stay in this very comfortable hotel. The staff were professional, welcoming, friendly and helpful and the breakfast was superb. The location of the hotel was perfect in a central but quiet area with good restaurants close by. If we ever go back to Budapest we would certainly stay here again.The taxi transfer to the airport is good value and easy to arrange.

Dear „spatchlet”,

I was so glad to read your kind words and positive feedback regarding your recent stay at our Hotel Palazzo Zichy.

I was delighted to see that you had spent pleasant days with us and our Team had been able to contribute to your memorable experience. I especially would like to thank you for highlighting our great location, the friendly and professional service and excellent breakfast buffet.

Let me thank you again for choosing our hotel. Should your travel plans bring you back to Budapest, we would be happy to serve you again!