“TERRIFIC VALUE FOR MONEY” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel Palazzo Zichy
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Lorinc pap ter 2, Budapest 1088, Hungary   |
Ranked #3 of 329 Hotels in Budapest
Torquay, United Kingdom
“TERRIFIC VALUE FOR MONEY”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

Lovely hotel well situated for exploring a beautiful city. Great breakfast and staff were very helpful. Free coffee/ water/ snacks available to 5pm and a wicked cocktail! Rooms clean and shower lovely. You will not find a better VFM hotel in Budapest.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Judit_Rozsa, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Palazzo Zichy, responded to this review, March 2, 2014
Dear „Neil D”,

I am so glad that you had enjoyed your stay at our Hotel Palazzo Zichy and you had saved great memories about your recent visit. Your compliments regarding our Lounge bar, the breakfast service and our entire staff are all highly appreciated.
It was especially great to be read that you had considered our location to be perfect for exploring Budapest.

I would like to thank you for staying with us and for your patronage. I truly hope that we will have the opportunity to hosting you again in the future.

Judit Rózsa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (397)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

Having just come back from Budapest we stayed at the Hotel Palazzo Zichy, the location is pretty good few minutes and you are in the main area of Budapest.

The room was clean and confortable, the only let down is the bathroom door! made of glass and does not fully close. I appreciate that its a new trends but a proper and solid bathroom door is a must! also our door was just next the bed, there are other rooms that have the door in the corridor leading to the bedroom which is a bit better.

On arrival we asked if our room had a nice view and the front office agent very proptly checked and then allocated a room wiht a view over the little square.
There is a bar that during the day offers free water and coffee (nice touch)

Breakfast in the morning was good, a nice selection of both hot and cold items (self service) buffet, the staff in the restaurant are very friendly and helpful. my partner was not feeling well so i asked if i could have room service brought up, by the time I finished my breakfast the waiter had a tray ready with a selecdtoin of items and brought it up for me.

I went to the gym, very small and would need few more equipments and heavier weithghts there was only a bycecly and tredmill.

if you are looking for a place to eat i would highly reccomande the restaurant on the square (Matrjoska)
nicely decorated, good service and great food.

Room Tip: the rooms facing the square have a nice view
Dear "myexpreriences”,

Thank you very much for staying at our Hotel Palazzo Zichy and for sharing your experiences with the TripAdvisor travellers.

I was delighted to read that you spent a pleasant time in Budapest and our hotel and the service provided by our entire staff met or even exceeded your expectations. I also would like to thank you for highlighting the great location of our hotel and for sharing your opinion with us about our gym. Your kind comment is really important for us and it has been already forwarded to the management for consideration.

Let me thank you again for your kind words, we are very much looking forward to welcoming you back to our Hotel Palazzo Zichy!

Hertfordshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

As you can see from other reviews this really is an Excellent hotel. If you are Travelling to Budapest look no further than this Hotel for your stay.
Rooms are very comfortable and you get a very nice breakfast in the morning & free tea, coffee & water in the afternoon.
The Hotel is in a good location just a few minutes walk to the river and has a good selection of restaurants within walking distance.
We like to be able to browse a few restaurants before choosing where to Eat & the Hotel recommended Raday street as having a good selection, this was only 10 minutes walk away and as they had said we found several to choose from.
We thoroughly enjoyed Budapest and when we return we will definitely return to the Palazzo Zichy.

Dear „AndyBetty”,

I can not be grateful enough for your kind words and for your generous review left on TripAdvisor.

I am glad that you had spent an enjoyable city break at our Hotel Palazzo Zichy and the breakfast service, our complimentary Lounge bar and our favourable location could make your visit even more pleasant.

I would like to thank you for your patronage and hope to meet you again in the not so distant future. The entire staff of the Hotel Palazzo Zichy is pleased to be at your disposal when staying with us next time. Please do not hesitate to contact us if we can do anything for you!

Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

Stayed here with my wife in January 2014. What a superb hotel. I made contact before we departed and arranged their taxi service from the airport, good service and reasonable prices. From the moment we arrived we were treated very well. The reception staff couldn't have been more helpful, from local directions, booking taxis and even booking our City tour they were great. Our room was fantastic, very comfortable and modern. Breakfast was excellent and set us up for for a great days sightseeing. Just close enough to the city centre to walk without being in the centre of all the hustle and bustle of a major city. Local restaurants were a bit hit and miss however the two we did find tows good eating houses within ten minutes walk with great for at reasonable prices.
We took a evening trip on the Danube, only an hour but well worth it, mind the taxi's though, cost us three times the price for the return journey to the hotel!! Beware.
We took a four hour guided city tour, collected from the hotel in a small comfortable mini bus by a very knowledgable English speaking guide, the weather was cold but dry so we had a fabulous tour.
Would we recommend this hotel? Absolutely, well worth the money in our opinion. Thanks to all at the the Palazzo Zichy.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear „Glyn A",

Thank you very much for having chosen our Hotel Palazzo Zichy and for taking your time to recommending us to the travelling community.

I was pleased to read that our hotel could live up to your expectations and you had spent an enjoyable citybreak in Budapest. I am delighted that you had recognized my colleagues’ service-minded attitude. I also would like to thank you for mentioning our excellent location and our rich breakfast buffet.

It was our pleasure to be at your assistance and I sincerely hope to have the opportunity to welcoming you again in the not so distant future.

bristol
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014

Just spent 4 nights at the Zichy hotel, thoroughly enjoyed it, the staff are very friendly and informative. The breakfast is amazing with lots of different choices.The hotel is located in a very convenient area and has everything you want for a short city break.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear „BristolCarps”,

Thank you very much for having chosen our Hotel Palazzo Zichy and for taking your time to leave a positive comment on TripAdvisor about your Budapest stay.

I was delighted to read your throughout positive comment of our hotel, buffet breakfast and services.

It was our pleasure to serve you and I sincerely hope to have the opportunity to welcoming you again in the not so distant future.

Best regards,

5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

When my partner first told me she booked this hotel I was sceptical. But in the end she made an excellent choice. The service from staff wether it was in the breakfast room or at the front desk was first class. They accommodated every need without question or hesitation. The rooms were very clean and tidy and was serviced everyday as requested. The only problem with our room was that the double bed was made of two singles which wasn't ideal and the lighting of the room could have been better. The breakfast room offered good variety and the food was of a good standard. Overall I can't recommend this hotel enough and if anyone tells me they intend to go Budapest I would encourage them to stay here. Thanks for being a part of making my partners and I experience in Budapest a great one.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Judit_Rozsa, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Palazzo Zichy, responded to this review, February 23, 2014
Dear „AndyEuroTrip”,

First of all let me thank you for having chosen our Hotel Palazzo Zichy for your city break in Budapest.

I was truly happy to read that you had enjoyed your stay with us and our entire team had been able to contribute to your memorable experience; your compliments regarding the service provided by our staff are highly appreciated. It made me also glad to read that the complimentary breakfast buffet had met your expectations.

Let me thank you for recommending our Hotel Palazzo Zichy to the travelling community. We are looking forward to welcoming you again in the future!

Derry, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

I booked this hotel after reading all the great reviews on Tripadvisor and it fully lived up to my expectations. I am not going to repeat everything that has already been said in previous reviews other than to agree with all the positive things that have been written. Hotel Palazzo Zichy is the perfect base for anyone visiting beautiful Budapaest.

Hotel is fantastic and the staff are very helpful and pleasant. The hotel was easy to find using public transport from the airport. Buy a transfer ticket at the airport and use on 200E bus and then on to the metro into the city getting off at Kelvin Ter. The Hotel is then just a short walk from there. When I go on a city break I believe the best way to discover the true city is on foot and the hotel is very well located to allow for same. We were able to walk to all the major sites even as far as Szechney Baths which was quite a hike but well worth a visit

If you are considering a trip to Budapest I would advise you to look no further than Palazzo Zichey as it has everything that is required to make your stay a memorable experience.

Room Tip: We had room 515 on the 5th floor which had a nice view of the square and chuch outside the hotel.
Dear „Michael53”,

I was gladly reading that you had chosen our Hotel Palazzo Zichy after reading the comments of our previous guests and had also saved nice memories about your recent stay at our hotel.
It made me happy and also proud to read that we had been able to live up to your expectations in all aspects and you had spent a great time in Budapest.
I especially would like to thank you for pointing out our great location.

Your positive review is highly appreciated and I truly hope that we will have the pleasure of meeting you soon again!

Judit Rózsa

Been to Hotel Palazzo Zichy? Share your experiences!