“Great location and superb staff” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel Palazzo Zichy
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Lorinc pap ter 2, Budapest 1088, Hungary   |
Ranked #3 of 329 Hotels in Budapest
Hong Kong, China
“Great location and superb staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

Very easy to get to the hotel even with lots of luggage, just around 5 minutes walk. The reception staff is very kind to upgrade my room to a bigger one. The room is spacious, super clean and tidy. They offer free coffee, water and peanuts in the lobby in the daytime. This gives a very relax and comfortable area for chat and make travel plans for the day. Even though there are lots of guests asking for information in the reception desk, you never need to wait for long. Some staff from the back office, even the bartender, will step forward to help. The reception staff are very helpful and provide lots of information, such as restaurant, transportation, for sure you can get the best. Overall, the hotel makes my stay in Budapest a wonderful and enjoyable one. I highly recommend this hotel and hope to come back again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Judit_Rozsa, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Palazzo Zichy, responded to this review, July 21, 2013
Dear „M C”,

First of all let me thank you for staying with us at our Hotel Palazzo Zichy and for sharing your experiences with the travelling community.
I was happy to learn from your kind words that you spent an enjoyable and memorable citybreak in Budapest. It makes me especially glad that my colleagues, even from the back office could be at your assistance with providing information and giving you advices on activities.
I would like to thank you again for your kind words and hope to see you again in the future!

Judit Rozsa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (398)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Cornwall, Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

Overall, the stay was absolutely amazing. We were greeted in a warm and friendly manner, the room was gorgeous, the bathroom felt like it belonged in a palace. The few times that we needed help/guidance from staff, they were more helpful. When we checked out at noon then headed to the Baths, they lent us towels for the day. It was truly exception and such a great value. Breakfast was good and it was at most about 15 minute walk from anything. There were restaurants only about a 5 minute walk away.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Dear „mebingley”,

I was sincerely happy to read your kind review about your recent stay at our Hotel Palazzo Zichy, first and foremost let me thank you for staying with us.
I am also delighted that our entire staff provided you with an exceptional service and you have spent enjoyable days with us.
Let me thank you recommending us to the travelling community. We highly appreciate your patronage and hope to meet you again in the not so distant future!

Hornchurch, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

We have just come back from 3 nights at the Palazzo Zichy. We booked based on Tripadvisor ratings and we were not disappointed. The hotel was within 5 minutes walk from the Metro but in a quiet square. The reception staff were helpful and welcoming. Room was good, functional city hotel but not small. Free wi-fi in the rooms and all parts of the hotel was an added bonus.

Breakfast was very good, a wide selection of hot and continental, fruit, selection of pastries and sparkling wine on our second day and smoked salmon on the third. Also free tea, coffee and mineral water during the day in the bar.

Near a number of transport links (metro, hop on hop off bus, tram and bus hubs) and within walking distance of many of the main squares and attractions.

Overall the hotel is fantastic value given the small touches,helpful staff and the great location. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear „Steve W”,

I am so glad that you have chosen our Hotel Palazzo Zichy based on the opinion of our previous guests; it makes me even happier that you experienced the same high standard of the services. Your kind words regarding our rooms, the rich breakfast buffet and our favourable location are highly appreciated.
Let me thank you for your positive comment and I hope that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you to our Hotel Palazzo Zichy again. Please feel free to contact me directly should your travel plans bring you back to Budapest.

Dublin, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013 via mobile

This hotel has a fabulous staff, wonderful breakfast, and other amenities. It is within walking distance of many very good restaurants and local attractions. We highly recommend this hotel and hope to visit again someday.

• Stayed July 2013
Dear „Frank P”,

Thank you very much for staying with us at our Hotel Palazzo Zichy and for your praising words. I was glad to read that you enjoyed your city break with us and you were pleased with our location. It was our pleasure to host you and we truly hope to meet you again in the not so distant future.

Brisbane
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

We are in our second night of a 3 night stay and would move in a heartbeat.
Despite the great location and friendly staff this hotel has a serious problem with noise.
All that separates you from you neighbours above is a sheet of plaster and a floating timber floor so you will know every move of your neighbours above.
We were woken up on the first night at about 10.30pm when someone either came home or checked in, after complaining we were quickly moved to a new room and that seemed ok. On the second night it was 1.00am in the morning......Who knows what tomorrow night will bring.
Literally you can hear every step and cnversation; when they go to the toilet, have a shower, put down a glass and well.....when they walk with shoes on or move a bag its dreadful.
If you need your sleep I would consider another option despite its seemingly good reviews.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
ibogyo, Front Office Manager at Hotel Palazzo Zichy, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Dear Valued Guest "Chris W",

Thank you for sharing your experiences on TripAdvisor. I am also happy to have met you in person upon checkout and to have had a chat about your experience.
I have to say that we had a large group of unusually loud people in house and I have to admit that it was a bit challenging for us to control their noise level.
I am truly sorry for the situation and I do apologize for the inconvenience.
I fully understand that this had a negative impact on your stay, but rest assured that we take every complaint very seriously and we will do our best in the future to react faster in order to ensure a relaxing time for all of our guests.
In case there is anything I could do for you, please do not hesitate to contact me directly anytime at ibogyo@hpz.hu

Best regards,
Istvan Bogyo
Front Office Manager
Novi Sad, Serbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

My wife and I visited this hotel last week for one night. The hotel is exactly what we like. Fashionable design, clean, quiet, downtown... Only to be paid a little more attention to the room bar because there was no beer in it. Also the hotel has no restaurant, but it is not a problem because the surrounding streets are full of excellent restaurants.
Good thing is that we parked our car in the underground garage in a neighboring street for only 8.5 euros.
There was no noise from the street because the aluminum windows of excellent quality. Digital air conditioner works perfectly and at the same time does not matter because it is located high under the ceiling
Bathroom was great, modern, newly design and a mattress were very hard what we love. There is free high-speed Internet throughout the hotel.
All in all, we paid 79 euros for a room for two with breakfast + 8.5 for the garage, which is by far the best deal we found. Do not forget to mention, the breakfast buffet is one of the best we've ever had, including the more expensive and better-known hotels.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear „Obrad L”,

Let me take the opportunity to thank you for staying with us at our Hotel Palazzo Zichy and for taking your time to share your experiences with the TripAdvisor travellers.
I was delighted to learn from your kind comment that our hotel met or even exceeded your expectations in all aspects. Your kind words are highly appreciated and I hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you again, and next time you will stay with us longer than one night!

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

Stayed here over the weekend with a friend for 2 nights. It was about 200 euros in total. Very beautiful hotel in the heart of Budapest's Jewish district. Its located in a relatively quiet street. It came with a great buffet breakfast for both of us. location is great, walking distance to all major tourist sites. The staff were very helpful and attentive. I would recommend this to any traveler going to Budapest

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Dear „Erics0n”,

I can not be grateful enough for your kind words and compliments; let me thank you for your generous review left on Tripadvisor.
I was pleased to read that you found our location to be perfect for a sightseeing weekend and you enjoyed our rich breakfast buffet. Let me thank you for having chosen our Hotel Palazzo Zichy and I hope to see you soon again!

Judit Rozsa

Been to Hotel Palazzo Zichy? Share your experiences!