“Loved the hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 332 Hotels in Budapest
London, United Kingdom
“Loved the hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

Could not have hoped for a better hotel.
The rooms aren't massive but had everything we needed, good quiet ducted AC, tv with BBC news 24 & NBC & Euronews in English, room safes, minibar fridge with space for your own drinks. The only thing missing was in room tea/coffee making facility, but it was for free downstairs in the bar
The staff were amazing an catered to our every need immediately.
Like an earlier reviewer said, it's clear that the Hotel management are determined to ensure the guests enjoy their stay and leave satisfied.
Without a doubt I would recommend this hotel & will most definitely book this hotel next time were in Pest.
Only just left and already missing it.

Room Tip: I'm sure all rooms here will be of high standard.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Judit_Rozsa, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Palazzo Zichy, responded to this review, June 30, 2013
Dear „cfcglen”,

First of all let me thank you for your valuable time taken to share your experiences with the travelling community, your praising review is highly appreciated.
I am glad that you spent memorable days with us and our hotel, our facilities and services could make your vacation in Budapest more enjoyable.
It made me especially happy that you recognized the professionalism of our staff, it is indeed our greatest goal to make our guests’ Budapest-stay a memorable experience.
Your patronage and your kind words are highly appreciated. It was our pleasure to serve you and I sincerely hope to have the opportunity to welcoming you again in the not so distant future.

Kind regards,

Judit Rozsa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (445)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
New York City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

When we first arrived at Hotel Palazzo Vichy, we were greeted with words to send a chill into the hearts of any travelers: "We have had a problem with the electricity and cannot accommodate your reservation." But how quickly our mood changed when the charming young man who delivered this news immediately made it clear that they had made booked us at their sister hotel, the Best Western Parlement, given us a free upgrade to an exclusive suite, paid for our taxi ride to the sister hotel for one to the train station at the end of the trip. The service we got at Best Western Parlement was every bit as warm and friendly as this initial greeting, knowledgeable staff always ready to provide help on any issue, and we were thoroughly delighted with our experience.

Athens, Greece
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

I stayed in the Palazzo Zichy in mid June 2013 (during the peak of the flood!) for nearly a week. It is the third hotel I am staying in Budapest, and easily the best. The building is an old palace with a beautifully decorated interior - a glass pyramid covers the internal atrium, lighting both the lobby and the breakfast room in the basement. The rooms are outstanding: wood furniture with glass and metal details, glass door to the bathroom, granite-like floor in the shower and heated mirror, good size and exceptionally high ceilings. It's hard to do justice to the hotel with photographs, it really is as good as it seems in the promotional photos.

The hotel is located between two metro stations on the blue line - this line runs closest to the airport, but the combined bus/metro trip takes 45-50 minutes. The way to the Kalvin Ter station (5-10 minutes) goes through a couple of squares and many restaurants and bars, so it's always lively, even late at night. There is a square next to the hotel, but there is no noise at all with the windows closed in the first floor - there was a street festival during my stay, and the square was crowded with people eating and drinking, and I could hear nothing. An alternative is to walk to the nearest tram station (1 minute) on the 4-6 line which runs around Pest and crosses all metro lines. On that street (Josef Korut) all kinds of stores are available. I did not walk to the center, as the public transport system is so efficient - with the tram or metro you can be at any of the sights in 10-15 minutes from the hotel (20 for the castle, which requires climbing or an extra bus).

The hotel offers excellent breakfast, both hot and cold items, and everything fresh and well prepared. Special mention to the coffee machines (with fresh coffee beans) and the fresh juice machine. Coffee/tea/water are also available in the bar next to the lobby for free until 5 pm - then the regular bar opens. Over that bar, there is a computer room with 6 public PCs and a laser printer, handy for printing maps and boarding passes. Finally, the hotel has a small but nice gym. Internet is available everywhere for free, and works fine.

Finally, a few things about the service. In most trips, I only see the hotel staff during check-in/check-out. This time I got to see more of them. During reservation, I sent a query about billing (I needed two bills), it was answered in a few minutes. During check-in I received the first bill, and later on the day I found the second bill in the room - both according to my instructions. A couple of days later my thermostat got stuck, displaying all 8's. I called the reception, and was told that I would get a call back from a person knowledgeable about that. They called me back in a couple of minutes, understood the problem, and in a couple more minutes were in the room to reset the thermostat. Total time, less than 10 minutes. With this and that, I got the impression that the people running the hotel really want everything to run smooth and the guest to leave satisfied - and so I did.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

This is simply an up-market hotel at a very affordable price.
A very elegantly finished hotel with friendly and efficient staff.
I was given a free room upgrade as a birthday present.
Room was a good size, bathroom was exceptional and the air conditioning was lovely as weather was hot every day during our stay. Breakfast buffet is as good as anywhere we have stayed in Europe, plus free beverages and bar snacks during the day.
Nice location - if the weather is good then most of the sights are well within walking distance, plus there are plenty of nice local bars & restaurants within a few minutes walk, just ask at reception for directions.
Hotel arranged our taxi's for airport transfers which made life easy.
Give this hotel a try, I'm sure you will not be disappointed.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

The hotel is located in an old palace that has been remodeled and is very modern and grand in style. The rooms are all very nice and clean with great AC controls and light control to keep all light out, if you wish.

The breakfast was excellent with a great variety of foods and excellent service. Also, the hotel has a decent exercise room and a sauna.

The location is great for a quiet street with a lot of locals and good shops and restaurants just a few meters away. Highly recommend this one!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Maitland, NSW Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

First hotel on a whirlwind Europe trip. 3 nights was enough to confirm al the previous positive reviews. Excellent location, Excellent service, excellent room...what more can I say. Staff spoke good English which alleviated my fears. Would I recommend, of course. Would I return...of course. Do yourself a favour an give this hotel a go. It won't disappoint

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Melbourne
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

This is a small hotel in a quiet part of Pest about twenty minutes walk from the Danube. The hotel is in old building which has been recently renovated. The original building had four sides surrounding an open courtyard.The courtyard has been covered by a transparent roof and is now the reception area. You can also see down to the breakfast room which on the lower ground floor.

The design gives the foyer a very open feel and is quite startling.

Check in staff were very cheerful and helpful. We were shown to our room on the third floor. The room was quite large and well furnished. The bed was a bit hard but otherwise no complaints about comfort.

An extensive range of continental breakfast items were available.

The hotel offers free Wi-FI in the rooms and complimentary bottled water, tea and coffee were available in the small unmanned bar on the foyer level until 5:00 pm at which time the bar was manned and started charging normal prices.

This is a well run and comfortable small hotel and would be a good choice for anyone looking for a reasonably priced hotel in a quiet location.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Judit_Rozsa, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Palazzo Zichy, responded to this review, June 16, 2013
Dear „NSMKMelbourne”,

First of all let me thank you for having chosen our Hotel Palazzo Zichy and for taking your time to leave a positive comment here on TripAdvisor about your recent stay with us.

I was glad to read that you had spent a great time in Budapest and our hotel with all facilities and services could make your city break even more pleasant.

Your kind words regarding our staff, the complimentary wireless internet access and our rich buffet breakfast are highly appreciated. I was also delighted to see that you liked the unique design of our hotel.

I would like to thank you once again for staying with us, we are looking forward to welcoming you again.

With kind regards,

Judit Rozsa

Been to Hotel Palazzo Zichy? Share your experiences!