“Extremely nice stay in Budapest” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel Palazzo Zichy
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Lorinc pap ter 2, Budapest 1088, Hungary   |
Ranked #3 of 333 Hotels in Budapest
San Diego, California
“Extremely nice stay in Budapest”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013 via mobile

I stayed two nights here, with my son and daughter-in-law. All of us were very impressed. It is a 4-star and has earned that rating. The location is one block from a tram stop and a short walk from the subway, in an area with almost a university feel. The rooms were well appointed and quiet; not overly large but well laid out, and with plenty of outlets and nice amenities. The breakfast was outstanding, both in quantity of selection and in the quality of the food. During the day the bar is sort of a waiting room, with a coffee and drink bar that was very much appreciated. Best of all, however, was the staff. They were uniformly warm, helpful and pleasant. It was always a pleasure to speak with them - they are a true gem for this hotel. I've found my go-to spot in Budapest!

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Judit_Rozsa, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Palazzo Zichy, responded to this review, May 5, 2013
Dear „Peter S”,

First of all let me thank you for your valuable time taken to share your experiences with the travelling community, your positive comment here, on TripAdvisor is much appreciated.
I was extremely happy to read that not only the room, the breakfast service and our complimentary lounge bar, but also our team and last but not least the location of our hotel met or even exceeded your expectations. I am so glad that you saved great memories about our Hotel Palazzo Zichy and I truly hope that we will have the pleasure to welcoming you back soon,

With kind regards,

Judit Rozsa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (488)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
wirral
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

Just returned from a 4 night stay at the Palazzo Zichy and I can only praise the staff for a warm and friendly welcome which extended throughout our stay. The rooms are spacious and modern with everything that one would need for a short break. Nothing was too much trouble for them and they recommended some excellent local bars and sightseeing tips.
A bowl of fruit awaited us upon our arrival and there is a plentiful supply of hot drinks and water in the bar area till 5pm. the breakfast is more than sufficient and we did not experience any waiting to be seated. The bar staff are so friendly and informative and take a bit of time to get to know their guests.We were fortunate enough to be in Budapest during a particularly warm period at the end of april and the air conditioning in the room worked a dream.
There are a number of good bars and eateries close by the hotel with town only a 10 minute walk.
I would recommend buying a 2 day hop on hop off bus ticket when you arrive as there is a stop 5 minutes from the hotel and from this you can get to any part of the city, the ticket price includes two bus routes and a boat trip along the danube. We got off at the Island in the middle of the Danube and hired an electric car, there is a outdoor swimming complex which can hold 22,000 people and has flumes etc which would be ideal if visiting with children.
All in all a great trip and we hope to return in the near future but we will stay at the palazzo Zichy.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking church preferred.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Dear „david p”,

Thank you very much for staying with us at our Hotel Palazzo Zichy and for your praising words about our hotel and services.
Your compliments on the service, friendliness and professionalism of our staff are highly appreciated. I am happy that also our bartender provided you with an excellent service whilst your holiday in Budapest. I can not be grateful enough for your kind feedback, it will be my greatest pleasure to pass your compliments on to my colleagues.
I truly hope that we will have the opportunity to meeting you in our Hotel Palazzo Zichy in the future,

With best regards,

Woodcliff Lake, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

This hotel is wonderful! the staff is incredibly helpful, warm and inviting.
It feels like you are in a private home ( being that it is a former palace it has the feel)
The rooms are very clean and the beds comfortable.
The common areas are lovely. A small living room area with a bar, chairs and t.v. was a great place to relax before we went for dinner or a late night cap when we got back. There are many computers in a private business area wth free wifi. Breakfast room was great with a huge selection of fruits, cheeses, yogurts, every kind of bread , and hot foods as well. It was centrally located,surronded by a lovely neighborhood and very easy to walk to most sights.
In addition, the price points of the hotel rooms were perfect for most budgets.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear „lacey1991”,

First and foremost let me thank you for generous comment left on TripAdvisor about your recent stay at our Hotel Palazzo Zichy. I highly appreciate your kind words and compliments. I am glad that you spent memorable days with us and our hotel, our facilities and services and also the personalized service provided by our staff could make your spring vacation in Budapest more enjoyable.
It would be our greatest pleasure to having you in our Hotel Palazzo Zichy again, please do not hesitate to contact us directly, should your plans bring you back to our capital.

nottingham
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

We stayed here from the 15th December for 4 nights for a Christmas break. We are a young couple in our early 20's and wanted to treat ourselves for a romantic trip away without blowing the budget. This hotel was fantastic and ticked all the boxes! The room was beautiful - lovely high ceilings and pretty decor. The bed was massive! And the bathroom, what can I say... it was amazing. We had a sink each! Our room was on the ground floor and so on street level but we never noticed any noise or felt exposed. The breakfast was really good, there was so much choice, you could even squeeze your own juice! My boyfriend and I are both vegetarians and we felt that there was more than enough choice for our diet.
Budapest was so cold when we visited, but the hotel was always so lovely and warm - great for coming back after a long day exploring, but a bit of a shock in the morning when we were setting off! The hotel is in a good location, having never stayed any where in Budapest before I can't compare but we walked to anywhere we wanted to go and only ever used public transport to get from the airport and back. The hotel is located on a lovely little square, near what we guessed was a university. There were lots of restaurants nearby and it wasn't too much of a walk to the main high street - which is where the main Christmas market was.
Budapest is a very beautiful city - and we had 4 very action packed days, but it was very cold and foggy at that time in December. We will definitely be coming back in the summer - for the thermal baths! and will most likely stay here again!
If I were to give you 3 tips for a great trip to this amazing city they would be:
1) go and see a performance at the opera house - we went to see the Christmas concert which was fab and the composer was from Birmingham! (he could not speak a word of Hungarian)
2) go to the house of terror - if you show your UK passport you get in half price. As the name suggests it was quite thought provoking but so interesting.
3) walk everywhere! - if you have a good map it is so worth walking to anywhere you want to go within the city. The streets are so interesting and even if you get lost its just an experience to see all the different parts of Budapest. Also the river at night is just fantastic!

We had an awesome time in Budapest and can't wait to go back!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear „sgh92”,

First and foremost let me thank you for having chosen our Hotel Palazzo Zichy to spend a short city break in Budapest before Christmas. I am delighted to read that your romantic holiday was a memorable experience for a lifetime and our hotel could live up to your expectations in all aspects. I can just reassure you that Budapest and the area of the hotel offer many great activities from spring to autumn as well, so I hope that we will have the pleasure to meet you again in the not so distant future.

With kind regards,

Preston, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

From walking in to this beautiful hotel until the sad day of leaving, this hotel was wonderful and made so welcoming by all the wonderful staff including all at reception and particularly Gabo in the bar who was so much of a gentleman and could not do enough to make our stay comfortable.
The room (510) was lovely, looking on to the small church and square..
We organised a taxi through the hotel and the driver was waiting at the airport (7500 HFs) one way was more than we were used to paying in Europe but worth every penny as we arrived in the evening. If you arrange the same taxi back you can get back to airport for 5800 HFs) using the hotel again.
The breakfast was exceptional, and all the waiters and waitresses were all so nice. The food on display was lovely, with cold meats, cheeses, olives, all breads and pastries, cereals, fresh fruit, juices, fresh oranges with juicer to make your own, fantastic coffee made in bean to cup machine, every type of tea you can think of, hot food, gorgeous! Streaky bacon cooked to perfection, all types of egg, veg, just everything. There was nothing missing!
The bar had a great supply of cocktails, wines, beers and relaxing seating where you could sit and watch LCD tv on wall after a long day walking.
Only one criticism and this is not the fault if the hotel, but a guest...the floors in the bedrooms are wooden floors. The hotel supplies guests with slip on slippers, in every room. I presume one of the reasons for this is that it is naturally noisy to walk on this type of floor in high heels and unfortunately I was woken more than once early (I am a light sleeper!)..by the noise of high heels walking back an forth, obviously someone getting up early for work or simply early breakfast.
I did'nt complain because everything else was exceptional.
Cannot wait to get back and would choose this hotel every time...thank you to all the staff at the hotel for a memorable stay...even the cleaners were so pleasant. Your ratings represent the outstanding customer service you provide..thanks again...Linda x

Room Tip: Front room overlooking square - 5th floor - there are lifts
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Linda,

I can not be grateful enough for your praising words and great review about your recent stay at our Hotel Palazzo Zichy. Your positive feedback on the airport transfer service, on our rich breakfast buffet and the service provided by all of my colleagues (especially by our bartender, Gabor) are highly appreciated. However, I regret to read that you could not sleep well, please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused by the noise coming from other rooms. I truly hope that despite of this we will have the pleasure to welcoming you back to our Hotel Palazzo Zichy. Please feel free to contact me directly, when your travel plans bring you back to Budapest.

Monmouth County NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

We had read all the reviews here on Tripadvisor, and so had high hopes for this hotel. We were not disappointed. The service here was wonderful, both before and during the trip. They arranged transportation for us to and from the train station, and it was so nice to be met with a driver with a sign with our names on it as we got in rather late. The hotel was a short walk from everything, and we enjoyed the outdoor restaurants right down the street. The breakfast was very nice, with all you could ask for including fresh pineapple slices and fresh squeezed juice. This hotel is definitely a great deal compared to other much higher priced hotels in Budapest. Highly recommend.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear „lightlady2011”,

Thank you very much for taking your time to share your experience with the TripAdvisor travellers about your recent stay at our Hotel Palazzo Zichy.
I was delighted to read that our hotel could live up to your expectations and you had been pleased with your hotel choice based on the opinion of the travelling comunity.
Let me thank you again for your kind words and for your patronage. I hope the next opportunity to hosting you in our Hotel Palazzo Zichy!

Panorama, Greece
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

I spent four days in this hotel with my wife during last November.It was a wonderful experience we had.Kindness,high quality in all services and aesthetic of high level to mention a little. Leaving the hotel we took with our luggage much of pleasant images and impressions.-
Leo and Helli

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Leo and Helli,

Thank you very much for having chosen our Hotel Palazzo Zichy and for taking your time to leave a positive comment about our hotel to the travelling community. Your patronage and your kind words are highly appreciated. It was our pleasure to serve you and I sincerely hope to have the opportunity to welcoming you again in the not so distant future.