“I Would Highly Recomend This Fantastic Hotel - A Real Gem!” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel Palazzo Zichy
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Lorinc pap ter 2, Budapest 1088, Hungary   |
Ranked #3 of 329 Hotels in Budapest
London
“I Would Highly Recomend This Fantastic Hotel - A Real Gem!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

We have just returned from 4 nights at this fantastic hotel. We were totally impressed with the customer service even before we arrived. It was our 30th Wedding Anniversary during our stay and I had emailed the hotel a handful of times before our arrival with various questions and requests. The responses were not only immediate, they were also very detailed and even made additional suggestions which we were able to enjoy during our trip. From the reception and kitchen staff through to house keeping, the service we received at this hotel was outstanding and they obviously took great pride in the hotel and its reputation. The hotel is also in a great location, an easy 6 minute walk to the Metro and another 10 minutes to the Danube. We used the hop on hop off bus during our stay as they were offering an extra day free and it also included boats transfers on the Danube and an evening cruise. Things not to miss, The Castle District, Ruszwurm - the Oldest Coffee House in Budapest (amazing cakes) , Grand Market (great food), Evening boat trip down the Danude and The Széchenyi Thermal Baths and if you are lucky enough to be there during Easter they had a fabulous 45 day Food and Craft Market in the city centre.
Thankyou once again to everyone at the Palazzo Zichy for the lovely bowl of fruit and card in our room, we had a lovely time in Budapest and wouldn't hesitate to visit the Palazzo Zichy again and recomend it to all our friends :)

Room Tip: There is only one room with a balcony but all rooms in the hotel are of excellent quality and huge.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Judit_Rozsa, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Palazzo Zichy, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Dear „Linda095”,

Thank you very much for staying with us at our Hotel Palazzo Zichy on your wedding anniversary, your praising words are highly appreciated. I was glad to read that you enjoyed your city break with us and from the guestrooms to the breakfast, our facilities and the services provided by our staff met, or even exceeded your expectations. Let me also thank you for your valuable advices regarding activities and places to visit in Budapest. It was our pleasure to be at your assistance prior to your arrival and during your stay with us and we truly hope that we will meet you again in the not so distant future.

Judit Rozsa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (399)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

Can only agree with and reinforce the very positive reviews already provided.

Top marks for amenities (modern rooms, excellent breakfasts), location (about 15 minutes stroll to the Danube), and staff (very helpful and friendly). The large safe in the room was particularly useful in securing my SLR camera equipment and other valuables and the walk in shower was also a good feature. Only slight negative was that the bed was a little on the firm side. We took advantage of the free tea / coffee and mineral water until 5pm in the lobby lounge and wifi (running at about 3.5mb) was reliable and free thoughout the hotel including the rooms.

There's a selection of bars and restaurants on the doorstep including the Fiktiv Pub, Nothing but the Blues Bar, Don Leone Restaurant and Zappa Cafe - all good. There's a pleasant square immediately outside the hotel and we generally found the area great for pedestrians compared to some other cities.

This will certainly be our first choice hotel when we return to Budapest some time in the not too distant future.

Dear „Skipper100”,

Herewith I would like to thank you for your kind feedback posted on TripAdvisor about your recent stay at our hotel and for recommending us to the travelling community. I am delighted to read that you had a great stay with us and you liked our location, the complimentary wifi internet as well as your room. Your generous review is highly appreciated and I do hope to meet you again in the not so distant future!

Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

I stayed at the Zichy last weekend with my partner. We were celebrating my birthday and the staff had left a birthday card and a bowl of fruit in our room as a welcome gift!! So thoughtful.

Throughout the entire weekend, the staff went out of their way to be helpful - even taking coffee orders at breakfast on Monday when the coffee machines in the dining room stopped working!

The rooms are really well fitted out with nice walk-in showers and there is great, fast (and free) wifi throughout the building.

In short, I cannot recommend this hotel highly enough and I can't wait to return later in the year.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a high floor to have a nice view over the spire of the church next door.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Judit_Rozsa, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Palazzo Zichy, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Dear „Jasers”,

First and foremost let me thank you for having chosen our Hotel Palazzo Zichy to celebrate your birthday in Budapest. I was happy to see that you had a great holiday and our staff could make it even more memorable.
Let me thank you for your compliments regarding the service provided by my colleagues, the guestrooms and its facilities. I truly hope that we will have the pleasure to welcoming you back to our Hotel Palazzo Zichy soon!

Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013 via mobile

We were welcomed by warm & friendly staff who were most helpful for our one night stay. The foyer, public rooms & bedroom were all very modern, almost minimalist, but nevertheless quite smart. The room was a good size - we were upgraded to a superior room - though the view was of the internal air shaft. Only space for one suitcase (as is usually the situation in hotels all over the world) so the other was spread on the floor, no problem for just the one night. It was warm with a big comfortable bed, & the ensuite was large & very clean. Two big but uncomfortable armchairs (without arms) but no small table for books, maps, glasses, iPad etc., which didn't make for easy relaxing & planning. Disappointingly there were no tea/coffee facilities in the room, though this was available downstairs in the bar/lounge but only free till 5pm & not available in the mornings (which is when I need my cuppa most!). Strangely the dining room, a pleasant room, was open only for breakfast so dinner, which had to be ordered in from a restaurant outside, & was expensive & not good, had to be eaten on low small tables in the bar/lounge which was awkward & uncomfortable. We had arranged with the hotel online before we left home for a transfer from the station to the hotel & the driver was waiting, holding a sign with our name, so a good start. A taxi was booked to take us to the Opera House next day & return after the performance, again waiting. From there the cab was to take us to the port to join our river cruise ship, which one of the staff had marked on our map, but the driver took us toward the airport by mistake - fortunately we realised before we had gone too far so after some discussion & map pointing with the driver, & phone calls to the hotel we made it back to the river port. Human error & hotel apologies, but otherwise a good if brief stay. Happy to stay there again but prefer more traditional hotels with "atmosphere".

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear „Robert M”,

Herewith I would like to take the opportunity to thank you for choosing our Hotel Palazzo Zichy and for leaving a review on TripAdvisor about your recent stay with us.
Your balanced comment is highly appreciated and I hope that despite of your mixed expereinces we will have the pleasure to welcoming you again.

Solihull
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

I have just returned from a two night stay at this fabulous Hotel. I booked the Hotel as a treat to celebrate my husband's 50th birthday. On arrival, the Reception staff could not have been nicer. We had a beautiful room on the 6th floor, and had a lovely bowl of fresh fruit and a birthday card for my husband, which was such a lovely touch. The room was immaculate, massive queen size bed and a bathroom to die for! The free tea and coffee downstairs in the lobby area was a wonderful touch, and it was nice that you could help yourself to free nuts and nibbles and free bottles of chilled mineral water. My Sister-in-law and her husband also came with us and stayed on the first floor. They asked if they could have softer pillows, and this was accommodated with no hesitation! True to earlier reviewers the breakfasts are fantastic and totally faultless; there is a wonderful choice of hot and cold selections and fresh juices. We also tried out the Zen Room, which was very relaxing!! The location of the Hotel is just a 5 minute walk from the nearest bars/restaurants. I would recommend this Hotel to anyone considering a city break in Budapest - this is just the BEST Hotel I have ever stayed in!!!

Dear „NickiSolihull”,

First and foremost let me thank you for having chosen our Hotel Palazzo Zichy for this special birthday holiday in Budapest. I was glad to read that our staff provided you with an exceptional service throughout your stay and my colleagues could make your citybreak enjoyable.

I was also happy to see that you had been pleased with the guestroom and our breakfast service and you could enjoy our complimentary Lounge Bar and relaxation room as well.

Thank you very much again for sharing your experience with the TripAdvisor travellers and I sincerely hope that we will have the opportunity to welcoming you back to our Hotel Palazzo Zichy when your travel plans bring you back to Budapest.

Milford CT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

What a well trained and professional staff. Every one was extremely courteous and helpful. Location is out from tourist center but within easy walking distance of two metro stations and bus/tram lines. We could not ask for a better stay. We were there in early December so we really enjoyed the available hot drink offerings upon return. Highly recommended.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear „Catsplash”,

I am so grateful for sharing your experiences with the travelling community about your stay at our Hotel Palazzo Zichy in last December. We highly appreciate your short, but to the point comment of our staff and location, I am glad that you had recognized the professionalism of our staff; your compliments are highly appreciated.
It would be our greatest pleasure to have the opportunity to hosting you again should your plans bring you back to our beautiful capital!

Dublin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

Everything good that you have read about this hotel is true!
- Helpful, enthusiastic, friendly staff who go above and beyond to make your stay wonderful - you are met with genuine smiles from check in to check out.
- Spotless rooms with great showers
- Super breakfast buffet
- Simply gorgeous building
- Perfect location in Budapest. Close enough to reach the city centre by a short stroll (along some beautiful streets)

I can't wait to return to Budapest and when I do, I won't even consider staying anywhere other than Hotel Palazzo Zichy.

Top tip! - ask reception staff to book your entry tickets to the city's baths. You can then avoid the long queues and you might get an upgraded ticket giving you access to a private cabin rather than a locker at the baths. (We went to Szechenyi baths)

Room Tip: 5th floor rooms with a view of the square and church are the best. The good bedroom windows seal ou...
Dear „Ian_Dub”,

First and foremost let me thank you for staying with us at our Hotel Palazzo Zichy. I am extremely happy that you enjoyed your citybreak with us. Your generous feedback regarding our hotel, our facilities, services and location are highly appreciated. I am also glad that our staff provided you with an excellent service throughout your stay and they could help you with booking entrance tickets to the most beautiful thermal bath in Budapest.
I truly hope to have the pleasure to meeting you in our Hotel Palazzo Zichy again.

Judit Rozsa

Been to Hotel Palazzo Zichy? Share your experiences!