“Fantastic modern and very friendly helpful staff” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel Palazzo Zichy
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Lorinc pap ter 2, Budapest 1088, Hungary   |
Ranked #3 of 329 Hotels in Budapest
Marbella, Spain
“Fantastic modern and very friendly helpful staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

I found this lovely hotel thanks to the reviews i read through the Tripadvisor. Well situated in the centre, beautifully decorated with a mixture of modern and traditional style of decorations, Good size bedrooms ,very clean and very comfi. The breakfast is fantastic , a large variety of cold and warm dishes including smoked salmon which was our favourite. We were there in dec for 5 days and missed our flight back home due to the airport being closed down for 2 days . The staff were fantastic, very helpfull and patient with us organizing and looking for new tickets .We had a lovely time in Hotel Palazzo Zichy and recommend it very highly.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Judit_Rozsa, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Palazzo Zichy, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Dear „ardi_davinci”,

First of all let me thank you for your generous review left on TripAdvisor about your recent stay at our Hotel Palazzo Zichy. I was glad to read that the opinion of other travellers encouraged you to book our hotel and you did not leave disappointed. I was delighted to see that you liked our breakfast service as well as the design of our hotel. I was also happy to learn from your comment that my colleagues could help you with finding new flight tickets for you.
Let me thank you again for your kind feedback and we hope we will have the opportunity to welcoming you soon again!

Judit Rozsa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (359)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Galway
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

My partner and I stayed here just before christmas for my 30th birthday. We were so excited about our trip to Budapest and to stay in this amazing renovated old mansion.Checkin was smooth and our room was small but lovely. Previous reviews had warned about the wooden floors in the bedrooms, however; we took the chance because of the great reports about this hotel. Our first night was a disaster, the people staying in the adjacent rooms wore high heeled shoes and seemed to walk up and down the room all night long!! I felt like i was going insane, i couldnt get to sleep and we ended up sleeping in until 4pm the next day because we had been up all night!! I did not ring down and complain because i did not want to cause any trouble, it was a friday night and i put it down to party goers. However; the sat night was just as bad if not worse!! We had been out for dinner and drinks and got home around 1am, we turned on our tv and within 20mins we got a phone call from reception asking if everything was ok!? They had got a complaint from another room about our room!! After that i did not hold back, the heel walking continued all night (no exaggeration) and i rang down three times from 2.30am - 6.30am. Another sleepless night, we decided we wanted to move hotel, however; the lovely girl on reception moved us to another room which ended up being a suite!! All is can say is i wish we had stayed in that new room for our first 2 nights..there was zero noise! I loved it, didnt even feel like the same placel!! The hotel provide slippers in each room because of the wooden floors, they need to advise people to use them at check-in and this would be less of an issue!! Our new upgraded room was out of this world, the breakfast in the morning was fabulous, the staff were amazing!! a credit to the hotel, I would like to thank them for turning what had become a disaster of a 30th birthday into a truly magical one and it is because of them that i give the Palazzo Zichy 4 out of 5.

Room Tip: If you can afford it, book a suite. No noise disturbance and a fabulous room with a big balcony. Tru...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear „JesabelGalway”,

First and foremost let me thank you for staying at our Hotel Palazzo Zichy and for celebrating your birthday with us.
I was sincerely glad to read that you were pleased with our breakfast service as well as with the service provided by our staff; thank you so much for your compliments. Your kind words are highly appreciated, it will be my greatest pleasure to share your compliments with my colleagues.
However, I regret to learn from your review that our hotel did not meet your expectations in one aspect. Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience the noise might have caused to you and rest assured that we take your comments and suggestion very seriously. I was glad that after reporting the problem, my colleagues could offer you a solution and with their professionalism they could make your birthday trip an ejoyable experience.
I truly hope that we will have the pleasure to hosting you in our Hotel Palazzo Zichy again. Should your travel plans bring you back to Budapest, please let me know and I will be happy to take care of you personally.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

Me and my friend were amazed of the service.They were very helpfull and nice to us.The hotel is good located and beautiful.The price was too good to be real for such a rooms and service.
If I go back to the city I would like to go there again.Amazing!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Dear „IreA1984”,

I was so happy to read your praising words, your compliments regarding our staff as well as the location of our hotel are highly appreciated. Thank you very much for choosing our Hotel Palazzo Zichy for your Budapest trip and for highliting the professionalism and service-minded attitude of our staff.
We are looking forward to welcoming you back, hopefully very soon!

Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

Randomly decided to go to Budapest for a weekend in January last year, booked cheap flights, booked cheap hotel...and what a hotel! Free cocktail on arrivals, as much free tea and coffee you can drink in the lobby - a really nice touch. Some people complain about lack of kettle in the bedroom...it's not common place in continental Europe, if you can have as much real coffee in the lobby why complain?

Our room was excellent, it was a corner room overlooking the square. Spacious, quiet, modern. Breakfast was also excellent, I ate so much.

The staff were effecient, professional, and that's all I want from staff in this kind of hotel. I asked the receptionist to teach me some phrases in Hungarian, she wrote down a few for me which was nice.
Possibly the best value hotel I have ever stayed in, its not overrated!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear „Aleterial”,

First and foremost let me thank you for choosing our Hotel Palazzo Zichy for your trip to Budapest in January.
Your generous review is highly appreciated, I was truly happy to read that our hotel met or even exceeded your expectations.
I especially would like to thank you for mentioning our complimentary lounge bar, that offers coffee, tea and bottled mineral water throughout the day. I was also glad to read that my colleagues could make your stay enjoyable and they could ease your days in our beautiful capital with teaching you some Hungarian words.
I hope that we will have the pleasure to hear these Hungarian phrases from you in the future!

With kind regards,

Bromley, Kent.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

Lovely modern hotel located in a beautiful old building. Reception staff were very friendly and helpful (as were the breakfast and bar staff). Room and bathroom was very nice (5th floor overlooking the square and church). The bar area is soulless but at least the seats were comfortable. The breakfast was good and as is described other reviews.
One negative point – there was plenty of noise from the adjacent room, and it wasn’t as if our neighbours were being overly loud. I am aware that this may not be an issue with every room/floor, but it is perhaps best to pack some ear-plugs if you are light sleeper.
The immediate locale is fine and felt safe. Not many other hotels in the area so no crowds of tourists or joints designed to rip them off. There are a few bars and restaurants very nearby and we found these to be cheaper than others in more touristy areas. Public transport is only a minute or so away.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear „ADifferentStation”,

Let me thank you for staying with us at our Hotel Palazzo Zichy and for your valuable time taken to share your experiences with the travelling community.
I was glad to learn from your TripAdvisor-comment, that you had been pleased with our breakfast service, with the guestroom and with the service provided by our staff. Your positive opinion about our location is also highly appreciated.
However, I was sorry to read that the sound-proofing of the rooms did not meet your expectations. Please accept my sincerest apologies for the inconvenience the noise from other rooms might have caused to you.
I truly hope that in spite of your mixed experience we will have the pleasure to welcoming you again. Please do not hesitate to contact us if there is anything we could do for you.

With kind regards,

Dublin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

We stayed here for a city-break in Budapest in February 2013, and would definitely stay here again. Very central, yet nice and quiet. They've put a lot of work into making such a lovely old building feel modern. The rooms are very stylishly decorated, and are nice and big. Top marks.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear “Kolinovic”,

Herewith I would like to take the opportunity to thank you for staying with us at our Hotel Palazzo Zichy. I was delighted to read that the design and the location of our hotel met or even exceeded your expectations.
Thank you very much for your patronage and I sincerely hope to meet you in our Hotel Palazzo Zichy in the future!

Lancashire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

Travelled to Budapest with my girlfriend for 4 nights late Feb 2013. The hotel arranged a car from and back to the airport at a reasonable price (£50 approx round trip) which was a pleasant and reassuring way to arrive into an unfamiliar (to us) city. The hotel is situated in a central location in Pest with all attractions etc. within easy access. Not expensive – around £35 PPPN B&B. The hotel itself is an old building that has received a modern makeover executed to high standards that would be acceptable in any city around the world. It has a more business than touristy flavour and that suits us when staying in an urban area. All the staff were extremely friendly, helpful, attentive and even informative – the barman on the first night (who mixed us some great cocktails!) gave us advice on visiting the Szechenyi Baths and Spa which is an absolute must!, Szimpla Kert bar/nightclub and the House of Terror museum. Housekeeping was of the highest order as was the service in general. As mentioned we were B&B and we can only say good things about the breakfast – buffet style with tons of choice both hot and cold in a large, bright and airy dining area. The only slight downside (and it really isn’t a problem) is there was only a sauna and fitness room – no swimming facilities, but this isn’t a criticism, however, it would be a bonus. All in all would recommend this hotel wholeheartedly and thank you to them.

Room Tip: As for an upgrade we did and it worked.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear „RoyalWater”,

Herewith I would like to thank you for your kind feedback posted on TripAdvisor about your recent stay at our hotel and for recommending us to the travelling community. We are delighted to read that you had a pleasant stay with us, and our hotel and the service provided by our staff, especially by our barman lived up to your expectations.
The entire staff of the Hotel Palazzo Zichy is pleased to be at your disposal when staying with us next time! Please do not hesitate to contact us if we can do anything for you!

Judit Rozsa

Been to Hotel Palazzo Zichy? Share your experiences!