“This hotel deserves its laurels.” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel Palazzo Zichy
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Lorinc pap ter 2, Budapest 1088, Hungary   |
Ranked #3 of 330 hotels in Budapest
Dublin
“This hotel deserves its laurels.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

We stayed here for a city-break in Budapest in February 2013, and would definitely stay here again. Very central, yet nice and quiet. They've put a lot of work into making such a lovely old building feel modern. The rooms are very stylishly decorated, and are nice and big. Top marks.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Judit_Rozsa, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Palazzo Zichy, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Dear “Kolinovic”,

Herewith I would like to take the opportunity to thank you for staying with us at our Hotel Palazzo Zichy. I was delighted to read that the design and the location of our hotel met or even exceeded your expectations.
Thank you very much for your patronage and I sincerely hope to meet you in our Hotel Palazzo Zichy in the future!

2,625 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (348)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Lancashire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

Travelled to Budapest with my girlfriend for 4 nights late Feb 2013. The hotel arranged a car from and back to the airport at a reasonable price (£50 approx round trip) which was a pleasant and reassuring way to arrive into an unfamiliar (to us) city. The hotel is situated in a central location in Pest with all attractions etc. within easy access. Not expensive – around £35 PPPN B&B. The hotel itself is an old building that has received a modern makeover executed to high standards that would be acceptable in any city around the world. It has a more business than touristy flavour and that suits us when staying in an urban area. All the staff were extremely friendly, helpful, attentive and even informative – the barman on the first night (who mixed us some great cocktails!) gave us advice on visiting the Szechenyi Baths and Spa which is an absolute must!, Szimpla Kert bar/nightclub and the House of Terror museum. Housekeeping was of the highest order as was the service in general. As mentioned we were B&B and we can only say good things about the breakfast – buffet style with tons of choice both hot and cold in a large, bright and airy dining area. The only slight downside (and it really isn’t a problem) is there was only a sauna and fitness room – no swimming facilities, but this isn’t a criticism, however, it would be a bonus. All in all would recommend this hotel wholeheartedly and thank you to them.

Room Tip: As for an upgrade we did and it worked.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear „RoyalWater”,

Herewith I would like to thank you for your kind feedback posted on TripAdvisor about your recent stay at our hotel and for recommending us to the travelling community. We are delighted to read that you had a pleasant stay with us, and our hotel and the service provided by our staff, especially by our barman lived up to your expectations.
The entire staff of the Hotel Palazzo Zichy is pleased to be at your disposal when staying with us next time! Please do not hesitate to contact us if we can do anything for you!

Southampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

My boyfriend and I have just returned from 4 amazing nights staying at the Palazzo Zichy and loved it! The service was second to none from everyone we came across. I wrote various emails prior to our visit and these were swiftly replied to with very helpful, polite and individual answers, Zsofia was particularly helpful and charming and did all she could to make our stay even more special.

We were in room 511 which was towards the top of the Hotel and overlooked the little square and church, it was the perfect size for us. A large double bed and enough storage, we found the bed very comfortable and had no problem with the pillows (although one was more than enough!). The bathroom was lovely, very modern and a wonderful shower with plenty of hot water. Nice toiletries and, at my request, bathrobes were available for us.

As others have mentioned in previous reviews, the free coffee and water available until 5pm in the bar area was a lovely touch, so nice to relax in the comfy chairs with a nice hot drink after a long day walking beautiful Budapest. We had a drink at the bar one evening at the barman was friendly and chatty, the drinks were a reasonable price for a hotel bar. Reception staff were always happy to help with any questions including excellent recommendations on places to eat.

Breakfast was delicious, we had no problem finding a table at whatever time we went down. A large selection of hot and cold food, juices, cereals and bread, more than enough to set us up for the day.

It was a 5 minute pleasant walk to the nearest Metro and then a further 8/10 minutes to reach the Danube, we didn't bother taking any public transport during our trip and were happy to walk everywhere and it was lovely that the Hotel is set in a residential quiet area and yet has restaurants and bars close by.

I would thoroughly recommend this hotel and should we ever return to Budapest we would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: 511 was a lovely room - facing the square/church.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear „AstridCB”,

Thank you very much for staying with us at our Hotel Palazzo Zichy and for your praising words. I was more than happy to see that the entire staff of our hotel could be at your assistance to make your stay more pleasant with us, even prior to your arrival.
Let me thank you for your all-embracing positive comment and for recommending us to the travelling community. We are looking forward to welcoming you back to our hotel should your plans bring you back to our beautiful capital!

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

The location was perfect for walking around the city centre. Located in a historical but quite square, the hotel was chic, clean and the staff were very helpful. The rooms were slightly small but very well designed. I was fortunate enough to have a room overlooking the square and the rooftops. The bathroom was very luxurious with a wet room shower and plenty of space to get ready for the night life. Breakfast was great and catered for most types of diets but I don't think any of the meat was Halal. located in the basement, the restaurant served hot and cold food, fruit, deli meats, pastries, muesli, etc. The main lounge area has a bar and free teas and coffees, as well as several computers that were handing for planning where to go and researching the city. the staff were friendly and so helpful, it really made my stay there easy and comfortable. I would definitely go back there as its only 8-10 minute walk to the main city centre so perfect city base.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Dear „Nefri75”,

First and foremost let me thank you for staying with us at our Hotel Palazzo Zichy and for your kind words and compliments. Your praising feedback concerning our rooms, the location, our breakfast choice and our staff is highly appreciated. We are looking forward to hosting you again in our Hotel Palazzo Zichy!

Cork, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

I booked this hotel based on the reviews and position in TripAdvisor.....It exceeded my expectations in all respects...............the the staff are fantastic...I did not have dinner there but the breakfast is a treat, a feast in fact, with huge choice....complimentary tea & coffee all day in the lobby......great sauna......small but well equipped gym, spacious, quiet and comfortable bedrooms......quality wifi........

All staff that I met were nicer than each other, however I would especially like to mention Karolina the receptionist who solved so many issues for me on the day that I checked out.

The only annoyance in my opinion was the traffic noise in Bamboo relaxation suite......

I'm going to make this hotel a regular stop over point

Room Tip: I asked for a quiet room.......I was given a room overlooking the inner quadrangle and apartments to...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear „DON1957Ireland”,

I am glad to read that you have been happy with your hotel choice after reading the reviews about our Hotel Palazzo Zichy on TripAdvisor.
Your kind words regarding our hotel, facilities and especially our staff are highly appreciated. It was our pleasure to serve you and make your stay more pleasant. I hope to meet you again in the future, please do not hesitate to contact us if we can do anything for you!

montreal
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Very nice hotel, looks brand new. Very modern a contrast to the city. We stayed there 3 nights at the beginning of march. Our room was very nice , you can walk to the center of the city about 20 minutes.The breakfast is good, the breakfast room is very nice and the staff there is fantastic as is the staff at the reception specialy Rita . I would have given this hotel 5 stars but for 2 nights out of 3 we hearded noise coming from the room above us, I think it was a women walking on the wood floor with high heels until way past midnight .

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Judit_Rozsa, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Palazzo Zichy, responded to this review, March 17, 2013
Dear „thebeach2004”,

First of all let me thank you for choosing our Hotel Palazzo Zichy for your city break in Budapest. I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and my colleagues, especially Rita provided you with an excellent service. I was also happy to see that you could enjoy our breakfast service and you could discover the main sights on foot.
However, I regret to learn from your kind comment that we could not live up to your expectations in one aspect – thank you for your valuable feedback regarding the sound-proofig of the rooms and please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience the noise might have caused to you.
I truly hope that we will have the pleasure to welcoming you in the not so distant future again!
Please feel free to contact me directly, should your travel plans bring you back to Budapest.

Canterbury, Kent
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

We couldn't find anything to fault this hotel. We are fussy about choosing hotels, and this one does not disappoint. The staff are the stars of this hotel. Nothing was too much trouble, and they were friendly and professional. The decor is stunning, the breakfasts very good and the beds very comfortable. Stylish doors lead into the bathrooms, which are very well appointed.
We went in November, and found the free drinks in the foyer bar all day from 10am - 5pm were particularly welcome. We used to get back to the hotel about 4.30 and had some hot drinks to warm up and get us ready for going out again for dinner. Very well situated in Pest, we found everything we wanted within walking distance. Would definately go back, and would recommend to anybody going to Budapest. Excellent value for money.

Room Tip: Although some people have said it can be noisy, we fronted the road and didn't hear a thing. We...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Dear „Olivewood”,

I can not be grateful enough for your generous review left on TripAdvisor about your recent stay at our Hotel Palazzo Zichy. I was delighted to see that our hotel and especially our staff could make your Budapest break memorable; we highly appreciate your kind words and compliments.
It would be our greatest pleasure to having you back in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me directly should you plan a next Budapest visit and I will be happy to help you with a reservation or with any questions you may have.

Judit Rozsa

Been to Hotel Palazzo Zichy? Share your experiences!