“Lovely chic way to spend time in Budapest” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel Palazzo Zichy
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Lorinc pap ter 2, Budapest 1088, Hungary   |
Ranked #2 of 331 hotels in Budapest
London, United Kingdom
“Lovely chic way to spend time in Budapest”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

The location was perfect for walking around the city centre. Located in a historical but quite square, the hotel was chic, clean and the staff were very helpful. The rooms were slightly small but very well designed. I was fortunate enough to have a room overlooking the square and the rooftops. The bathroom was very luxurious with a wet room shower and plenty of space to get ready for the night life. Breakfast was great and catered for most types of diets but I don't think any of the meat was Halal. located in the basement, the restaurant served hot and cold food, fruit, deli meats, pastries, muesli, etc. The main lounge area has a bar and free teas and coffees, as well as several computers that were handing for planning where to go and researching the city. the staff were friendly and so helpful, it really made my stay there easy and comfortable. I would definitely go back there as its only 8-10 minute walk to the main city centre so perfect city base.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Judit_Rozsa, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Palazzo Zichy, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Dear „Nefri75”,

First and foremost let me thank you for staying with us at our Hotel Palazzo Zichy and for your kind words and compliments. Your praising feedback concerning our rooms, the location, our breakfast choice and our staff is highly appreciated. We are looking forward to hosting you again in our Hotel Palazzo Zichy!

2,576 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (335)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Cork, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

I booked this hotel based on the reviews and position in TripAdvisor.....It exceeded my expectations in all respects...............the the staff are fantastic...I did not have dinner there but the breakfast is a treat, a feast in fact, with huge choice....complimentary tea & coffee all day in the lobby......great sauna......small but well equipped gym, spacious, quiet and comfortable bedrooms......quality wifi........

All staff that I met were nicer than each other, however I would especially like to mention Karolina the receptionist who solved so many issues for me on the day that I checked out.

The only annoyance in my opinion was the traffic noise in Bamboo relaxation suite......

I'm going to make this hotel a regular stop over point

Room Tip: I asked for a quiet room.......I was given a room overlooking the inner quadrangle and apartments to...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear „DON1957Ireland”,

I am glad to read that you have been happy with your hotel choice after reading the reviews about our Hotel Palazzo Zichy on TripAdvisor.
Your kind words regarding our hotel, facilities and especially our staff are highly appreciated. It was our pleasure to serve you and make your stay more pleasant. I hope to meet you again in the future, please do not hesitate to contact us if we can do anything for you!

montreal
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Very nice hotel, looks brand new. Very modern a contrast to the city. We stayed there 3 nights at the beginning of march. Our room was very nice , you can walk to the center of the city about 20 minutes.The breakfast is good, the breakfast room is very nice and the staff there is fantastic as is the staff at the reception specialy Rita . I would have given this hotel 5 stars but for 2 nights out of 3 we hearded noise coming from the room above us, I think it was a women walking on the wood floor with high heels until way past midnight .

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Judit_Rozsa, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Palazzo Zichy, responded to this review, March 17, 2013
Dear „thebeach2004”,

First of all let me thank you for choosing our Hotel Palazzo Zichy for your city break in Budapest. I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and my colleagues, especially Rita provided you with an excellent service. I was also happy to see that you could enjoy our breakfast service and you could discover the main sights on foot.
However, I regret to learn from your kind comment that we could not live up to your expectations in one aspect – thank you for your valuable feedback regarding the sound-proofig of the rooms and please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience the noise might have caused to you.
I truly hope that we will have the pleasure to welcoming you in the not so distant future again!
Please feel free to contact me directly, should your travel plans bring you back to Budapest.

Canterbury, Kent
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

We couldn't find anything to fault this hotel. We are fussy about choosing hotels, and this one does not disappoint. The staff are the stars of this hotel. Nothing was too much trouble, and they were friendly and professional. The decor is stunning, the breakfasts very good and the beds very comfortable. Stylish doors lead into the bathrooms, which are very well appointed.
We went in November, and found the free drinks in the foyer bar all day from 10am - 5pm were particularly welcome. We used to get back to the hotel about 4.30 and had some hot drinks to warm up and get us ready for going out again for dinner. Very well situated in Pest, we found everything we wanted within walking distance. Would definately go back, and would recommend to anybody going to Budapest. Excellent value for money.

Room Tip: Although some people have said it can be noisy, we fronted the road and didn't hear a thing. We...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Dear „Olivewood”,

I can not be grateful enough for your generous review left on TripAdvisor about your recent stay at our Hotel Palazzo Zichy. I was delighted to see that our hotel and especially our staff could make your Budapest break memorable; we highly appreciate your kind words and compliments.
It would be our greatest pleasure to having you back in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me directly should you plan a next Budapest visit and I will be happy to help you with a reservation or with any questions you may have.

Kent UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

This is a lovely hotel and very good value for the money. It is conveniently located near to some lovely restaurants and easy to explore the city from this area. The Staff are excellent, they were very helpful during our stay. The Decor is modern and stylish. I would recommend this Hotel highly.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Dear „PJKent”,

Let me thank you for staying with us at our Hotel Palazzo Zichy and for taking your valuable time to recommend us to the travelling community.
It was really great to read that our hotel itself, its location as well as the excellent service provided by our professional staff could meet your expectations.
I would like to thank you once again for your generous review and we are looking forward to welcoming you again!

Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

The hotel is positioned in an ideal part of the city for the tourist to visit but also in a quiet street. All the places of interest are within 5 and 40 mins walk and there are plenty of nice places to eat and drink close by. The staff are very helpfull . The hotel is modern and the breakfast is good.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear „jimjue”,

Herewith I would like to take the opportunity to thank you for staying with us at our Hotel Palazzo Zichy and for sharing your experiences with the TripAdvisor travellers.
Let me thank you for highlighting the favourable location of our hotel. I was also happy to see that you liked our breakfast service.
We highly appreciate your patronage and hope to have the opportunity to welcoming you back in the future,

Judit Rozsa

Been to Hotel Palazzo Zichy? Share your experiences!