“Very clean, enjoyable and well priced.” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel Palazzo Zichy
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Lorinc pap ter 2, Budapest 1088, Hungary   |
Ranked #3 of 329 Hotels in Budapest
Leicester, United Kingdom
“Very clean, enjoyable and well priced.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

Me and my girlfriend stayed here for 4 nights in Novemeber and would highly recommend this hotel. Very clean, great breakfast and the staff were very helpfull. We have friends that are staying here due to how highly we recommended it!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (401)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Sutton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

I stumbled across this hotel whilst looking for flights to Budapest and managed to get a deal. I can't express how much of a joy it was when we turned up on a very cold evening in December!

It's a modern boutique hotel located in a 19th Century building and I can only describe it as stunning! It's in a good location about a 10 minute walk to local transport or a 15-20 minute walk into central Budapest. The staff were very helpful especially when I realised the adaptor I'd taken to charge my phone was the wrong one and they had some spare available for loan! they were also just as helpful when asking for information, booking our bus/boat ticket (which by the way is cheaper at the hotel than if you try and buy if from the street) and especially when booking our return taxi to the airport.

Hot and cold selections at breakfast - of course it's predominantly European (chorizo style sausages, salami and cheeses) but then what do you expect? It's in Europe! There was always lots of choice though along with fresh tea, coffee and juice. Delicious and hearty it definitely set me up for a day of sightseeing.

The room was my personal highlight. It's not massive granted, but it was stylish, spotlessly clean with a really comfortable bed and rain shower. Bliss :-)

I would definitely recommend this hotel if you are in the area.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

We loved our stay at this hotel. Lovely rooms, great service and superb breakfast buffet. We have travelled to many countries and many 4/5 star hotels and still this is one of the best. It worked out to be about £12 each for us which is a total bargain. Don't think we could get this anywhere else!!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Western Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for three days, rooms are clean, spacious and modern. Breakfast is comprehensive and has everything you would want. Can be difficult to find as everyone I gave the address to found it difficult by car but with the trams and metro it is very easy. Staff very helpful and always willing to show you how to get to to places, especially places outside of Budapest. I have spent a lot of time in Budapest and this is the best place I have stayed.

Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013 via mobile

We stayed for 3 nights and loved it. The rooms and staff were 1st class and the breakfast buffet was amazing. The bar is lovely and relaxed with the free drinks pre 5pm being a lovely touch. Free internet area meant we could easily print our return boarding passes too. Cannot wait to return!

• Stayed January 2013
San Francisco Bay Area
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

My daughter and I stayed at this hotel for three nights. I chose it because of its wonderful TripAdvisor reviews, which I completely agree with. One of the things I really like about the hotel is its location in a very pleasant residential neighborhood. It was easy to walk to subway stations, tram stations, the Great Market Hall, and the river. The neighborhood had churches, little stores, and restaurants and bars with outdoor seating. If I lived in Budapest, I think I'd want to live in that neighborhood.

Our room was nicely furnished with everything we needed. The breakfast was incredible - there were so many different foods to eat, lots of fresh fruit, interesting breads and cheeses, and more. The front desk staff were very friendly and helpful and so was the bartender who made my daughter a great grilled cheese sandwich one night when we returned to the hotel late.

We booked a special package that included the hotel room, a city tour, and a dinner at the Museum Restaurant. The dinner was wonderful, but we didn't enjoy the city tour and would have been better off sightseeing on our own.

We did not have enough time in this great city and hope to return one day. If we do, we will definitely return to the Hotel Palazzo Zichy!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Sydney, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013 via mobile

Where do I start? I don't know why this hotel gets such good reviews. My boyfriend and I checked in to this hotel and the guy checking us in was plain and simple just not interested, we had to ask for a map and for him to point out attractions on the map! The lady upon check out was helpful though with organising a taxi to the train station, too bad she wasn't there to check us in as well.

Don't get me started on the rooms. The rooms have fake wooden floors which just sound horrible underfoot when walking with shoes on and the room insulation is horrendous, you could hear the next rooms conversations as well as their bathroom activities, the walls are paper thin. There was one instance where we could clearly hear the person in the next room cough like they were in our bathroom! Made me anxious for when I needed to use our bathroom!

Don't bother eating at the restaurant called Stex, highly disappointing food! Try a place called Trofea Grill for a wonderful all you can eat buffet including drinks (alcohol included).

I will not be recommending this hotel to my family so I wont recommend it on here either.

• Stayed January 2013
ibogyo, Front Office Manager at Hotel Palazzo Zichy, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Dear "Filfromoz",

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your holiday in Budapest.
I do regret that we did not meet your expectations in certain aspects and you left our hotel with such a negative impression.

We are always aim to provide the highest standards in our services and facilities in order to maintain high customer satisfaction.

As the head of the Front Office department, I am truly surprised that you were not satisfied with the level of service provided during the check-in, as we usually get full score regarding our staff.

Please rest assured that I take your comment seriously and will investigate the situation.
As I don't know all the circumstances of your dissatisfaction, I would be happy to discuss it with you via email (ibogyo@hpz.hu).
Your cooperation would be highly appreciated, and would help us to improve our standards in our Hotel Palazzo Zichy.

Istvan Bogyo
Front Office Manager

Been to Hotel Palazzo Zichy? Share your experiences!