“A great hotel - would highly recommend it.” 5 of 5 stars

You added Hotel Palazzo Zichy to your Saves list
Hotel Palazzo Zichy
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Lorinc pap ter 2, Budapest 1088, Hungary   |
Ranked #3 of 333 Hotels in Budapest
“A great hotel - would highly recommend it.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013 via mobile

We stayed for 3 nights and loved it. The rooms and staff were 1st class and the breakfast buffet was amazing. The bar is lovely and relaxed with the free drinks pre 5pm being a lovely touch. Free internet area meant we could easily print our return boarding passes too. Cannot wait to return!

• Stayed January 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (489)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
San Francisco Bay Area
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

My daughter and I stayed at this hotel for three nights. I chose it because of its wonderful TripAdvisor reviews, which I completely agree with. One of the things I really like about the hotel is its location in a very pleasant residential neighborhood. It was easy to walk to subway stations, tram stations, the Great Market Hall, and the river. The neighborhood had churches, little stores, and restaurants and bars with outdoor seating. If I lived in Budapest, I think I'd want to live in that neighborhood.

Our room was nicely furnished with everything we needed. The breakfast was incredible - there were so many different foods to eat, lots of fresh fruit, interesting breads and cheeses, and more. The front desk staff were very friendly and helpful and so was the bartender who made my daughter a great grilled cheese sandwich one night when we returned to the hotel late.

We booked a special package that included the hotel room, a city tour, and a dinner at the Museum Restaurant. The dinner was wonderful, but we didn't enjoy the city tour and would have been better off sightseeing on our own.

We did not have enough time in this great city and hope to return one day. If we do, we will definitely return to the Hotel Palazzo Zichy!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Sydney, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013 via mobile

Where do I start? I don't know why this hotel gets such good reviews. My boyfriend and I checked in to this hotel and the guy checking us in was plain and simple just not interested, we had to ask for a map and for him to point out attractions on the map! The lady upon check out was helpful though with organising a taxi to the train station, too bad she wasn't there to check us in as well.

Don't get me started on the rooms. The rooms have fake wooden floors which just sound horrible underfoot when walking with shoes on and the room insulation is horrendous, you could hear the next rooms conversations as well as their bathroom activities, the walls are paper thin. There was one instance where we could clearly hear the person in the next room cough like they were in our bathroom! Made me anxious for when I needed to use our bathroom!

Don't bother eating at the restaurant called Stex, highly disappointing food! Try a place called Trofea Grill for a wonderful all you can eat buffet including drinks (alcohol included).

I will not be recommending this hotel to my family so I wont recommend it on here either.

• Stayed January 2013
ibogyo, Front Office Manager at Hotel Palazzo Zichy, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Dear "Filfromoz",

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your holiday in Budapest.
I do regret that we did not meet your expectations in certain aspects and you left our hotel with such a negative impression.

We are always aim to provide the highest standards in our services and facilities in order to maintain high customer satisfaction.

As the head of the Front Office department, I am truly surprised that you were not satisfied with the level of service provided during the check-in, as we usually get full score regarding our staff.

Please rest assured that I take your comment seriously and will investigate the situation.
As I don't know all the circumstances of your dissatisfaction, I would be happy to discuss it with you via email (ibogyo@hpz.hu).
Your cooperation would be highly appreciated, and would help us to improve our standards in our Hotel Palazzo Zichy.

Istvan Bogyo
Front Office Manager
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

One of the nicest hotels I've ever stayed in (not that I profess to having stayed in many!), this sleek, contemporary hotel was just the ticket for our recent stay in Budapest.

It's not especially central, but don't let that put you off as Budapest isn't huge so it's still very accessible. Rooms were decent size, and very plush, which is exactly what we were looking for after running around like headless tourists all day.The breakfast offers a wide choice, and the bar area serves a mean Mojito if you're looking to kill some time of an evening.

One slight issue in that the bathroom doors don't provide entire privacy from the bedroom, which makes discretion for certain acts difficult... If you get my meaning!

One lovely touch: We left our luggage at the front desk after checking out to explore the city further, and I'd forgotten a pair of trousers in the wardrobe - the cleaning staff were gracious enough to run them down to front desk though, and they were there waiting for me when I came back to collect my luggage later that day.

Would definitely recommend for a couple on a city break.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Manchester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

We recently stayed in this hotel for 3 nights, and can say that the hotel is completely without fault.

We arrived on Friday a couple of hours early for check in, and were told we could go to our room immediately. The staff on reception couldn't do enough for us. The information they gave us on check in was perfect - breakfast times, free tea, coffee and mineral water throughout the day, access to the spa/sauna.

The hotel itself is a beautiful old building with a modern style. Comfortable and clean rooms and stylish decor.

The hotel staff really made our stay more enjoyable. They recommended and booked our day at the baths, including massage, and also assisted us with how to get there. They also were happy to make us a reservation at Spoon Restaurant for the Saturday evening, and book our taxi for the airport.

Breakfast was fantastic, fruit, cereal, pastries, cooked breakfast items, cold cuts, freshly squeezed juice, just perfect. Much better quality than the standard continental breakfast provided at some hotels.

Overall we were extremely impressed with our break in Budapest, I will definitely be returning and when I do I will definitely be staying at the Palazzo Zichy!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

I booked this hotel based on tripadvisor reviews. Hotel was spotless, staff were very pleasant and helpful. The bathroom was perfect great shower and well designed. Each time we returned to hotel staff always greeted us.We booked our trips through reception nothing was any bother. They organised our taxi to airport. Breakfast was unbelievable everything you could possibly want. Free tea, coffee,bottled water and snacks up to 5pm in bar area, in the evening they did brilliant cocktails at a very reasonable price. Everything about the hotel was of a very high standard. It was a pleasant 15minute walk into the centre. If I return to Budapest I will definitely stay in this hotel wouldn't consider anywhere else, don't think I could get any better value for money

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

Like most visitors, we decided to stay at Hotel Palazzo Zichy based on positive TripAdvisor reviews and to our delight the hotel delivered. You're immediately greeted by welcoming staff and a wonderful reception setting. Breakfast was awesome - high standard and lots to choose from. Free tea/coffee/water till 5pm was a great touch to our stay as we came back in for an hour to chill and plan our evening ahead. Free WiFi was great too - especially to help plan our trip on the go.

Hotel is exceptionally decorated and maintained throughout, including our room. I really wanted to give this review 5/excellent, but there's are few things that could be improved. 1. The room TV had one British channel - BBC news. 2. on a few mornings/evenings we were disturbed by cleaners/guests above - floors are hard.

We would stay here again despite these negatives, but others may not be as tolerant. Hotel is situated in a perfect location - we visited all major attractions on foot and loved it.

If you're visiting Budapest and looking for an affordable, stunning hotel that goes that little bit further, then Palazzo Zichy is a must!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple