“Beautiful modern design hotel in historic building” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel Palazzo Zichy
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Lorinc pap ter 2, Budapest 1088, Hungary   |
Ranked #3 of 329 Hotels in Budapest
London, United Kingdom
“Beautiful modern design hotel in historic building”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013 via mobile

Hotel: the hotel interior appears to be very new, modern designed and well finished. It has a contemporary, minimalist style including a large open-space 24hr reception; bar / coffee area where you can get free bottled water, a selection of teas, coffee and hot chocolate; small fitness area only 3 machines and sauna which we didn't use but looked nice; and a large breakfast room. Free wifi across the hotel at a really good speed we were very impressed.

Bedroom: the bedroom was really clean and had everything you require from a good hotel room. The bed was comfy and staff will bring you extra pillows if you want them. There is plenty of storage space for all your clothes. The tv was quite small but who cares about tv on holiday! The bathroom was really nice and had a huge shower, complimentary shower gel, soap, shoe sponge, shower cap. Hair dryer was good unlike most hotel ones and conveniently placed on the wall by sink / mirror. There was also a large mirror on the door. My only slight moan was that the towels and loo roll were quite hard.

Staff: the staff were really helpful and friendly. They spoke good english and were happy to offer advice on tours, taxis, nightclubs etc.

Location: only downside of this hotel is that you are not bang in the centre of town or by the river. However once you go for a walk you realise it is not that far away from most attractions. It is close to some good ruin bars, i'd recommend szimpla kert.

Taxis are cheap in Budapest if you get the hotel or restaurant / bar to order them for you. If you hail them off the street they will overcharge triple fares or worse so learn from our mistake.

Budapest is quite easy to walk around and locate yourself if you use a map, we usually do bus tours or get the metro but didn't bother here. Instead we walked or got a taxi.

We really enjoyed Budapest it is a nice city for a weekend trip. I've been to a few European capitals and it was one of the best.

• Stayed January 2013
Judit_Rozsa, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Palazzo Zichy, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Dear „Wiley503”,

Herewith I would like to take the opportunity to thank you for staying with us and for sharing your experiences with the travelling community.

I was pleased to read that our hotel could live up to your expectations and you spent an enjoyable citybreak in Budapest.

We highly appreciate your detailed and all-embracing positive comment and look forward to welcoming you again!

Judit Rozsa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (400)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Portsmouth
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013 via mobile

What a lovely hotel, great location only a few minutes from the metro station or a lovely walk to the city centre. The hotel was great value for the money with a lovely breakfast, only thing I would say is we would like a bit more of hot breakfast but that's us being typically English. The staff were really friendly and a big help, suggested places to go and helped us with currency exchange and metro tickets. We loved the free tea/coffee facilities and used this a lot especially after a cold walk in the snow, we had a great time and would definitely recommend this to our friends and family :)

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear „pompeygirl6”,

Thank you very much for your generous review left on TripAdvisor about your recent stay at our Hotel Palazzo Zichy.

I am so glad that you had beed pleased with our location, with our complimentary breakfast as well as with the service provided by my colleagues.

I would like to thank you for your patronage and hope to meet you again in the not so distant future! The entire staff of the Hotel Palazzo Zichy is pleased to be at your disposal when staying with us next time! Please do not hesitate to conct us if we can do anything for you!

Hay-on-Wye, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

Even before we arrived, the staff at the Hotel Palazzo Zichy made us feel welcomed with their swift and helpful responses to the three emails I sent. You can get here very cheaply from the airport using a bus, the underground - second oldest in Europe - and a map.
The hotel is situated in an interesting area with some lovely, lively small bars and cafes. It is also within walking distance to almost all the main central sites. The staff have incredible language skills and seem to give advice in all the major European languages. There is also free coffee/ tea/bottled water and snacks available until 17.00 in the bar and the breakfast buffet is so large and varied that I ate something different on each of my four mornings. We had arranged a winter package through the hotel which included a three hour guided tour, an hour boat trip along the Danube (Take this at night - the city is beautifully lit, the boat had a bar - a truly romantic highlight) and a three course meal at Museum Cafe, an atmospheric and traditional restaurant. The tour, which we took on our first morning, gave us an intelligent insight into the history, geography and politics of Budapest and also a taster of places we wanted to explore at our leisure. As the only people on the tour we were lucky to get a very personalised service and again our guide was excellent.
The room was warm and comfortable. I loved the walk-in wardrobe area and decorated glass door to the bathroom. We were provided with extra pillows and an ironing board within minutes of ringing the front desk. The building is a beautiful one, the graceful modern interior has been very well designed and furnished imaginitively. We will be staying here again. Budapest is one of the most beautiful capitals in the world and the friendliness of the Hungarians we met make us want to return as soon as possible.

Room Tip: If you require the following ask for a room with a bath and a king-sized bed.
Dear „Anniee8”,

I was sincerely happy to read your kind review about your stay at our Hotel Palazzo Zichy, first and foremost let me thank you for staying with us.

I was also delighted to read that you found our beautful city worth for a visit even in wintertime and you took advantage of our City break package. Let me thank you for your positive feedback on it, I am glad that you enjoyed the tour as well as the dinner in the Múzeum Restaurant.

Let me also thank you for mentioning my colleagues’ service-minded attitude and professional language skills.

We sincerely hope to have the opportunity to welcoming you back to our Hotel Palazzo Zichy in the not so distant future!

Brussels, Belgium
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

Reservation:

Made by Hotel Website, no problems with it.

Check in Experience:

We have arrived early afternoon:

-2 receptionists present.

-Sentence ‘Welcome to the hotel’ – provided

- Handled in polite and warm way in less than 5 min.

- Eye to eye contact with the guest.

-Clear information about the hotel facilities and the area were presented.

Stay:

- Small room located on the 1st floor,

- No welcoming letter in the room with my name on it.

- No dust present

- Housekeeping was a bit lazy with Iron delivery (over 15 min waiting time)

- Comfortable bed.

- No coffee machine, no instant tea in the room although the guest are allowed till 5 pm to get a free tea or coffee for free next to the reception. Here I would like to mention, that free coffee facilities should be available 24/7 or tea/coffee trays should be present in the rooms.

- No separate bar or restaurant, the lobby works for Bar, Restaurant and Lobby.

- Reception missed one wake up call.

- Guest is visible for the reception staff, and in general personnel says ‘hello’ to you on the corridor or at the stairs.

- No room service available 24 hours.

- No pillow menu.

- Feedback card in the room presented.

- Full English Breakfast served till 10.30 am , staff could be a bit more friendly, especially guy called Mate, he had very rude attitude. On the other hand I would like to show my appreciation to guy named Laszlo (also works in breakfast room), he was very pleasant and polite.

Check out Experience:

- Handled in less than 5 min

- Question ‘how was your stay’ – provided.

- Offered help with transport to the airport

Overview;

Nice little hotel with generally pleasant staff, requires some minor adjustments.

Suggestions:

- More English speaking channels (not only rooms).

- Provide tea/coffee trays in rooms or make the free tea/coffee launch available 24/7.

- Provide additional English language training for staff.

- Also receptionist provided me with directions to city center, which were terribly wrong, I found on my own, that there is a different road available, which is almost 3 times shorter and gets you to city center just in about 15 min.

Room Tip: Don't know, our room was definitely too small
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear „ButNekkid”,

First and foremost let me thank you for staying with us at our Hotel Palazzo Zichy and for sharing your experiences with the travelling community.
I was delighted to learn from your detailed comment that you had a faultless check-in upon your arrival and overall you had a pleasant stay with us.

However, I regret to see that our Hotel Palazzo Zichy did not meet your expectations in ceratin aspects, let me thank you for your suggestions. I kindly ask you to contact me directly on the e-mail address jrozsa@hpz.hu in order to provide me with more information regarding the service you received in our breakfast room and from our Reception Staff. I would be grateful if you would be so kind to share your experiences with me.

Let me thank you for your kind cooperation and for your valuable feedback.
I truly hope that despite of your mixed experience we will have the opportunity to welcoming you again!

Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

I travelled to Budapest on 8th Jnauary 2013 as part of my Girlfriends birthday celebrations. Right form the off the staff were extremley polite and very helpful. The food the service and the hospitality were fantastic.

What really sealed the deal was on the morning of my girlfriends birthday i placed cards in the room on returning later that day from sight seeing (in a very beautiful city) the staff had placed a birthday card for Anne and complementRY bowl of fruit MIGHT NOT SEEM MUCH BUT THEY DIDNT HAVE TO DO THIS.

on the whole has a great stay and would reccomend this hotel as a base

Room Tip: Any where in this hotel would be great the staff make it
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Judit_Rozsa, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Palazzo Zichy, responded to this review, January 20, 2013
Dear „Andrew C”,

I am so glad that you had chosen our Hotel Palazzo Zichy to celebrate your girlfriend’s birthday in Budapest and you had enjoyed this special birthday-break. Let me thank you for your generous review left on Tripadvisor; your kind words and compliments are highly appreciated.
Thank you again for staying with us! We would be happy to welcoming you back to our beautiful hotel in the future, please feel free to contact us if we can do anything for you!

New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

Our family just finished a two night stay at Zichy. The rooms and bathrooms were spotless, and breakfast was tasty and tastefull. Most important, the hotel staff went out of their way to be helpful. Highly recommended.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear „ob234”,

First and foremost let me thank you for staying with us at our Hotel Palazzo Zichy. I am extremely happy that not only the cleanness of our hotel, but our breakfast service met your expectations as well. I am also glad that our staff provided you with an excellent service throughout your stay.
We are looking forward to meeting you here again,

St. Neots, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

The staff were excellent from check-in to check-out. Professional, helpful, friendly. They arranged us an excellent spa trip and massage, helped with booking the airport shuttle and were wonderful when I lost some keys, phoning the spa on my behalf to help track them down.
The room was excellent, quiet and dark for a good night's sleep, comfortable bed, good bathroom, all clean and beautifully presented.
The bar area was good too, great free tea and coffee during the day to sit and plan, then some good wines for a relaxing drink in the evening.
The location is good too, only about 10 minutes walk for the main shopping areas, easy to access by the (cheap and efficient) public transport.

Dear „geoffthewinger”,

Thank you very much for sharing your experiences with the travelling community about your recent stay at our Hotel Palazzo Zichy.
I am delighted to learn from your comment that you had a very pleasant stay with us. I am especially glad that you liked our location as well as our rooms.
Let me thank you for highlighting the high quality of the service that our staff provided you throughout your stay. Your generous review is highly appreciated and we hope to have the pleasure to welcoming you again,

Judit Rozsa

Been to Hotel Palazzo Zichy? Share your experiences!