“Excellent hotel in a quiet area” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel Palazzo Zichy
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Lorinc pap ter 2, Budapest 1088, Hungary   |
Ranked #3 of 329 Hotels in Budapest
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
“Excellent hotel in a quiet area”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

This hotel was perfect, reception was very welcoming with free tea coffee and water in the afternoon. The room was very clean and we'll maintained, very dark in the mornings due to black out curtains meaning you weren't woken as soon as it got light. The hotel was a little walk away from the main sights but we preferred this as the eating places around the hotel were more authentic and reasonably priced. There was a lovely wine bar just 100 metres away and we would recommend this lovely wine and very very cheap! The breakfast at the hotel was very good, plenty of selection even for vegetarians.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
ibogyo, Front Office Manager at Hotel Palazzo Zichy, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Dear "2013_Mr_and_Mrs_S",

Thank you for recommending our hotel on TripAdvisor.
It was really our pleasure to be at your disposal.
I am glad that you were satisfied with our breakfast and location.
Let me also seize the opportunity to thank you for staying with us and in case your travel plans bring you back to Budapest, please do not hesitate to contact me directly anytime.

Istvan Bogyo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (359)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Strasbourg, Alsace, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

not only this hotel is very well located near the nationzl museum and convenient transportation station, but the decoration is exquisite and the service of the team is second to no one. Very kind qttentive and very fast to take care of every request.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear "Heidi Z",

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your comment on Tripadvisor. I was gladly reading that you enjoyed your stay with us and you found our decor, service and location satisfactory.

I do hope to have a chance to welcome you back in our hotel in the near future.

Perth Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

This hotel is situated in an old palace but the interior has been completely redone and modernised. Very clean and comfortable room and excellent spacious bathroom. Staff are very helpful and will book tours, sell you tram tickets and explain how to use them. The hop-on hop-off tours are excellent value. Great breakfast. Only negative is that the breakfast room is fairly small and tables are close together so it is a bit difficult to negotiate around them with your food!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear "untakenname",

Let me seize the opportunity to thank you for choosing our hotel for your holiday in Budapest. I am happy to read that you were satisfied with our personnel and their service provided during your stay.
I am also happy that you highlighted the uniqueness of our building which has a historical past as it served as the business residence of Count Zichy.

Thank you again for your comment.

Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

My sister, mother and I stayed in the Palazzo Zichy in early Dec. 2012. We found the hotel to be very clean, comfortable and affordable. The front desk staff was outstanding!! The bar was nice and the food was excellent. It is a bit of a walk to the main street, but the hotel is more than worth the walk. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear "suzanneOhio",

Thank you very much for your short but point comment here on TripAdvisor.
I am happy that you enjoyed your stay in our hotel and you found are front desk staff outstanding. On behalf the entire Hotel Palazzo Zichy team, I would like to thank you for staying in our hotel and we look forward to host you and your family in the future as well.

United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

Great place to stay. Staff extremely polite and helpful- they booked several things for us when we asked for some advice on where to go, booked taxis, and sold us tram/metro tickets. The room was clean, tidy and very comfortable. Very smart bathroom and lovely shower. Breakfast was a great selection of cooked meats, eggs, cereals, yoghurts, breads, tea and coffee. Lovely touch to have free drinks/snacks in the bar during the day. Location was good. Easy walk to the Fovam Ter food market, 5 mins to Kalvin Ter metro station and several trams stops in easy reach. Many restaurants within easy walk. If back in Budapest again I would stay here again.
Thank you Palazzo Zichy!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Dear "Thomas B",

Thank you for sharing your experience with the travelling community.
I was glad to read that our personnel was able to help you with taxi booking or giving you advice about daily activities in Budapest. I am delighted that you were satisfied with our breakfast as well.

Thank you again for your positive comment! We look forward to welcome you back in our Hotel Palazzo Zichy in the future.

Sydney, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

This hotel promised a lot more than it delivered. Amazing reviews. Great, quiet location (apart from times when church bells go off). When we walked in we were impressed with the look.got a room on level 5 and the views of the area and roofftops were fantastic. We were so happy. but then we went to bed. Not sure what's worse, the bed that is almost as hard as sleeping on a carpeted floor, pillow that is as thin as pillows you get in economy class on an airplane or the sound proofing of the walls. We could hear our next door neighbour getting text messages. Whenever guests above us woke up or came back home late we'd be subjected to such noises that I thought there was someone walking on highheels in our room (wooden floorboards) and when they dropped things on the floor (I presume coins) it would feel like someone was throwing them onto my head. The bed was so uncomfortable that I was waking up with my whole body being sore.

I would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

The only reason this hotel got 2 and not 1 in the review is the looks, location and fantastic staff. They were so friendly and helpful. It also seems that breakfast is included in all rates and also they offer free tea, coffee and water bottles until 5pm. It was also very cheap but then again everything is in Budapest.

The location is not the best as it'll take you about 15-20 minutes to get to the river or vaci utca. but that is not a problem. tram and metro are 3-5 minutes away.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
ibogyo, Front Office Manager at Hotel Palazzo Zichy, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Dear "Ch0gi",

Thank you for sharing your experience with other travellers, here on TripAdvisor. I was happy to read that you were satisfied with our personnel and the service they provided during your stay.
However I am also sorry to read that you found our beds and pillows uncomfortable and it ruined your stay.
I believe that the mattress can really depend on taste, as many other travellers were satisfied with it.
We always encourage our guest to contact our reception team because I do believe that in the most cases we are able to find a solution. We do provide mattress topper which makes the bed softer in case someone prefers softer beds and also additional pillows.
In case you would still decide to visit us again, please do not hesitate to contact me directly (ibogyo@hpz.hu), so I can personally take care of you.

Front Office Manager
kuala lumpur
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

my husband and i spent 3 nights here and our first impression of the hotel was a good one cause the reception area was very modern and stylish and quite large. even before arriving, i was in contact with the reception cause i had problems booking my train tickets from budapest to prague. they told me that i cannot book and pay online for international trips and offered to purchase the tickets for me, for a small handling fee.
upon our checking-in, i was immediately handed the tickets, so that was nice as it was one worry off my head.
there was tea, coffee, mineral water and light snacks available in the lobby area for free daily, till 5 pm.
location - pretty central, on the 'pest' side. again we were able to walk to the central market and the christmas market in the town square.
room - small but nice and bathroom was quite modern with a walk-in shower. our room was on the second floor. i am very particular bout the bathroom and i was very happy with this bathroom.
breakfast - very good spread of hot and cold foods.
staff - very friendly and helpful. my husband asked if they know of a sports bar nearby where he can go watch an epl match one afternoon and the girl at the reception found one for him and even offered to call the place up to ask if they are showing that particular match. it is gestures like these that makes a difference.
when we asked for a taxi to go to a restaurant, the guy at the reception spoke to the taxi driver to make sure that he knew where we want to go. another nice gesture. even more so cause we did not ask that they do it, they did it voluntarily.
will we come back? yes we will cause we can see why this hotel is rated so highly on TA, deservingly so!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear "christinechin25",

Thank you for your time to post your comment on TripAdvisor.
I am glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and you found our hotel a great value.
With all the positive experienced you mentioned I am a little confused with your evaluation. We always aim to provide the highest standards in our services and facilities and it seems we succeed in your case.
Should you share any additional information with me, please do not hesitate to contact me directly anytime at ibogyo@hpz.hu

Thank you again for your valuable feedback and for staying in our hotel.

Front Office Manager

Been to Hotel Palazzo Zichy? Share your experiences!