“Hotel Palazzo Zichy has the Wow factor.” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel Palazzo Zichy
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Lorinc pap ter 2, Budapest 1088, Hungary   |
Ranked #3 of 329 Hotels in Budapest
Southport, United Kingdom
“Hotel Palazzo Zichy has the Wow factor.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2011

We stayed at the Hotel Palazzo Zichy for three nights on our honeymoon. The hotel has been well designed combining its original architectural features with a modern theme and decor. The hotel had a good feel about it, the staff were all friendly and very helpful and our room was good. The hotel is about 5 minutes walk from the nearest underground station and bus stops and from there you can get quick and easy access to all parts of this attractive city.

Room Tip: Our superior double was excellent value for money.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Judit_Rozsa, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Palazzo Zichy, responded to this review, December 6, 2011
Dear „Eddie S”,

First and foremost let me thank you for speding your honeymoon at our Hotel Palazzo Zichy. I am especially delighted that you have chosen our hotel for this special occasion and we could make your days in Budapest more pleasant. I was happy to see that you considered the location of our hotel as a good base to explore our beautiful capital.
I truly hope to have the opportunity to hosting you again in our Hotel Palazzo Zichy, please do not hesitate to contact me directly if I can be at your assistance with future bookings.

Judit Rozsa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (360)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Birmingham
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2011

Stopped here for 3 nights earlier in the year. Hotel in a quiet location but within easy walking distance of the main sights (river <15 minutes). The hotel decor was very modern with the building still maintaining an old charm. The breakfast room was very busy, but we never had a problem finding a seat. Despite it being busy, the food was always well stocked and of the highest quality - we even got up to have breakfast after a few hours sleep before going back to bed!! The staff were very professional and helpful.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Dear „pnireland”,

I would like to take the opportunity to thank you for your kind words and compliments about your stay with us. Your kind feedback about our brekfast is especially important for us, please be ensured that I will pass your compliments to our restaurant staff.
I was also glad to see that not only the location but the design of our Hotel Palazzo Zichy appealed to you.
It would be our highest pleasure to welcome you back to our hotel in the not so distant future.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2011 via mobile

Stayed for four days celebrating our anniversary and my birthday. The hotel arranged for a taxi to and from the airport. The rooms were fantastic, the staff gave outstanding service. We used the free tea and coffee service and found this a confortabke and relaxed place to stay. The building is a beautiful meld of old and new in an excellent location. Just perfect. Highly recommended, very good value for money.

• Stayed December 2011
Judit_Rozsa, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Palazzo Zichy, responded to this review, December 5, 2011
Dear „HCa64”,

Thank you very much for havig chosen our Hotel Palazzo Zichy for your recent stay in Budapest. I was glad to read that you found our hotel a great choice for celebrating this special double occasion and our hotel and services could live up to your expectations. Let me thank you for your compliments and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again to our Hotel Palazzo Zichy in the not so distant future.

london
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2011

Me and my boyfriend stayed here for 5 nights in late November.

The hotel is a little out of the way from the main attractions, but if you enjoy walking this is not an issue. The Danube is about a 15/20 minute walk away.

The hotel itself is beautiful, old-style architecture with a modern feel, also noticeable in the rooms. Our room was lovely, very large bed, ample storage space, really nice bathroom. We requested one that looked out at the huge church over the road, this was beautiful to wake up to.

We weren't bothered by noise from other rooms or outside at all, it was like staying in the hotel alone!
Rooms cleaned, bed linen changed and new towels put out every day - at your request.

The complimentary breakfast was fantastic, so much choice, from hams and cheeses, fresh fruit, cereal to pastries. There is also free tea, coffee and mineral water on offer until 5pm in the lounge area, where you can also find computers with internet - free of charge to use.

The staff were very pleasant and eager to see to your every need, very friendly.

All in all, an amazing hotel experience! I chose this hotel based on the fantastic reviews on TripAdvisor, and it really lives up to them and more.

Thankyou Palazzo Zichy!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room looking out at the church opposite
Dear „GenevieveLondon89”,

First and foremost let me thank you for staying with us in our Hotel Palazzo Zichy, it was our pleasure to serve you whilst visiting Budapest. We highly appreciate your kind comments regarding our room and breakfast. I was also pleased to see that you recognized our staff’s professionalism and hospitality.
Thank you very much again for sharing your experience with the TripAdvisor travellers and we sincerely hope that we will have the opportunity to hosting you again in our Hotel Palazzo Zichy when your travel plans bring you back to Budapest.

Fremont, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2011

Me and my husband stayed 3 nights at Hotel Palazzo Zuchy, it was a wonderful experience.
Hotel staffs are very profesional from the resption desk to breakfast room attendants.
The hotel decor is modern and tasfully done, breakfast was great.
Everything was perfect, nothing to pick about.
The location was great that connnects to all station within 10 min walking.
It was $7 euro by mini shuttle from the airport and the shuttle dropped off at the hotel.
I love their extra service for free bottle of water, coffee and fruits and peanuts until 5pm.
The bed was comfortable, enough storage space for our luggage and Internet was fast and run smoothly. We enjoyed breafast every morning and everything was taste good.
The breafast room attendants are working very quietly so it was pleasant while we eat.
Many business travelers seemed to stay there as well as vacationer like us.
I would recommend this hotel strongly.
I'm a picky person when it come to service but this one was good one.

Dear „Sun H”,

Let me thank you to leave a positive comment on TripAdvisor about your recent stay at our hotel. I was delighted to read that you were satisfied with the guestroom and the services provided by our staff and also you found the bed comfortable. I was pleased to see that especially our breakfast staff could make your stay more pleasant with us.
We highly appreciate your patronage and hope to meet you again in the not so distant future!

Bundaberg Aust
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2011

My wife and I stayed here late October. Our room was located on the 5th floor and was perfectly adequate. Not sure if there is reverse cycle airconditioning and only heat cycle. The room was a little warm. Our room faced a small square with a night club which became very people noisy upto 3am in the mornings, perhaps avpid those facing rooms if you are a light sleeper. Breakfast was ok but in an often very crowded breakfast room. The Muzeum restaurant a short walk is highly recommended

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear „david O”,

Let me thank you for sharing your experience with the travelling community about your recent stay at our Hotel Palazzo Zichy.
I was glad to read that you liked our staff and enjoyed the Múzeum restaurant.
However I regret to see that you found our hotel noisy, please accept my sincere apologies because of the noise came from the bar during the night. Herewith I would like to ensure you that we have made the necessary arrangements to avoide such situations in the future.
I truly hope to have the opportunity to welcoming you back to our Hotel Palazzo Zichy should your plans bring you back to our capital. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if I can do anything for you!

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2011

We chose this hotel after seeing the very high rating on Trip Advisor. It was justified!
The hotel is a 5 minute walk and two metro stops from the centre of Budapest and is really beautiful. It opened in 2009 (I asked the staff) so still has very new decor, but is in a lovely old building so the stair-wells and landings are still a beautiful old style.
Staff were very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was great (a very complete buffet).
The only place it fell short was the gym was very weak - one cheap treadmill in a dark room. However the fitness/relaxation area had very nice fittings so maybe they are still in the process of setting that up.
If we're lucky enough to go back to Budapest we wouldn't consider staying anywhere else.

Dear „Bruce M”,

Herewith I would like to take the opportunity to thank you for having chosen our Hotel Palazzo Zichy for your recent stay in Budapest.
I was delighted to see that - based on the TripAdvisor reviews - our hotel met or even exceeded your expectations and the Palazzo Zichy staff could be at your assistance to make your citybreak in our capital more enjoyable.
Thank you very much for your valuable review. We are very much looking forward to welcoming you to our Hotel Palazzo Zichy in the not so distant future.

Judit Rozsa

Been to Hotel Palazzo Zichy? Share your experiences!