“Excellent Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Lovas u. 41, Budapest 1012, Hungary (Várkerület)   |
Ranked #31 of 329 Hotels in Budapest
“Excellent Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

I stayed there for two night in October and I look forward to an other 7 nights in January!!!
Great sevice at the reception, clean rooms, friendliy stuff and not to forget the excellent Restaurant attached to the Hotel :)

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
TamasLenky, Manager at Hotel Castle Garden, responded to this review, January 24, 2014
Dear ‘Doninique F’,
Thank you very much for your kind words. It is a peasure to hear you have enjoyed your stay in our Hotel Castle Garden in October and therefore you stayed with us again! Thank you for your positive feedback regarding our services and the excellent kitchen in the restaurant.
We are already looking forward to welcoming you next time again in our Hotel.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
  • Polish first
Horten, Norway
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

Very good service from staff. Our room smelled of perfume (to hide something), and the beds where like concrete. Didn´t get a good nights rest... Breakfast was OK, but coffee was cold every morning. Maybe the Hungarian way?

But the location is close to the old city, and in a really quiet area. Good restaurants nearby.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
TamasLenky, Manager at Hotel Castle Garden, responded to this review, December 29, 2013
Dear ’P1FF3N’,
First and foremost let me kindly thank you for taking the time and writing us a review. Whilst we are delighted that you enjoyed the location, and generally our hotel and friendly staff, I am sorry that there were issues with the coffee in the breakfast room and that our beds were too hard for your taste.
Please rest assured that this is not the norm, and we hope that we may have an opportunity to welcome you back and ensure a delightful return stay with us.
Sluis, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2013

We stayed in September and enjoyed our first stay in Budapest. It was a great location to take in most of the historical sights of Buda castle hill minutes away. Walking down to visit Pest was not bad, about a 20min walk. By coincidence we stayed during the wine festival at the parliament gardens and that made it extra special. The rooms were very clean, modern and the staff that were comfortable speaking English were friendly. Good value for money.

Room Tip: Best choice for visiting the historical Buda castle city
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
TamasLenky, Manager at Hotel Castle Garden, responded to this review, December 27, 2013
Dear ’David T’,
Thank you for your kind word regarding your stay in our Hotel Castle Garden. I am pleased to read that you spent memorable days in our charming Budapest and that the Festival made your stay here unique. We hope we can welcome you back soon for another delightful stay!
Manitou Springs, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2013

Everything about this hotel was terrific. The front desk staff was extraordinary, they helped with directions, arranging local tours and had a glass of wine upon arrival. The restaurant at the hotel served a delightful breakfast so we thought we'd try them for dinner. Dinner was so yummy (and reasonably priced) that we ate there each evening.

You can easily walk to Fisherman's Bastion and other Buda sights. Adventurous folks can walk over the bridge to the Pest sights. If I were to return this is where I would stay! Oh I forgot to mention the price ... this hotel offer lots for the money.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear ’Karenkinghome’,
First and foremost let me thank you for your kind words and lovely review here on TripAdvisor. I am really pleased to read, that our staff could assist you and give helpful information, no matter what kind of questions you had. Also nice to hear you enjoyed breakfast and the kitchen of the Riso Restaurant! We would be happ to welcome you or your friends back soon in our Hotel Castle Garden!
Dublin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013

This is a really nice hotel if you’re planning on staying a few days in Budapest. Perched up beside the Vienna Gate on Castle Hill, it’s a really convenient place to explore both Buda and Pest. I found the staff very helpful, friendly and speak very good English so you won’t be stuck for anything. The hotel is really clean, well equipped and really well heated (I stayed in the middle of December and it was bitter cold outside but I still could only wear a t-shirt inside). The rooms are very comfortable, with a well stocked mini bar (check out the Hungarian spirits, two for the price of one!) and tea-making facilities in the room. This is unusual for European hotels. I loved the sachets of herbal tea, but would have appreciated coffee as well. There did seem to be a problem with soap in the bathroom, but luckily I brought my own.

They also provide free coffee, tea and soft drinks in the foyer during the day time hours; a nice extra. In the Riso restaurant I found the food to be excellent, and not expensive for hotel prices;you can obviously eat cheaper in Budapest. I particularly liked the shrimps! There isn’t a bar as such but the restaurant doubles as a bar so there wasn’t a problem, it serves food up to 10 o clock, and drinks up to 11.

I have to disagree with another contributor who found breakfast disappointing. I found it really good, with a good mixture of hot food and continental style, along with some lovely breads. And to my surprise and delight they serve cocoa here. I hadn’t had this since I was a child (we used to get it as a night cap!) and it was a real retro delight.

I’m one of nature’s walkers, so for me the hotel was within easy walk of Chain bridge and into pest (just go down the steps at the side of the castle), but I know this isn’t for everyone. However the no. 19 bus passes the hotel and will take you into Pest. I’m informed it’s very reliable. Also, if you’re in any way infirm this hotel is probably not a good choice as it is quite hilly, and to get around anywhere is Buda (while absolutely beautiful) requires climbing steps at some time! All in all I had a lovely time at the HCG and hope to be back. Thanks guys.

Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Dear ’Eoin M’,
First and foremost let me thank you for your stunning review. I am sure the experiences you shared with the traveller community here on TripAdvisor will help other travellers to make the right choice! I am glad to hear that we could meet your expectations and you were satisfied with our location and services. It is great to hear, that our staff could help you to make the best of your stay in our lovely Budapest! We all really hope to have the opportunity to welcoming you back soon in our Hotel Castle Garden.
Zagreb, Croatia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2013

Small business hotel extremely well locate, right nex to the castle walys. The rooms are beautiful, and I especialy liked the big terrace. The wi-fi was, good, the hotel has a garage and the staff was hepful.I'm just sorry I didn't have time to visit the spa. Real value for money!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear ’89mm89’,
Thank you verym uch for your kind words and sharing your experiences. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay in our Hotel Castle Garden and we could meet your expectations! We are looking forward to welcoming you back soon!
Tonbridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013

The hotel is in an excellent location - very quiet and just 5 minutes walk from the metro system.

The bedrooms are well appointed although the beds were a little hard for my taste. The only thing that was not provided was tissues. As with most hotels on the Continent the choice of English Language programmes on the TV was very limited - so take a good book! The room was very hot on arrival and the first night sleep was difficult but I managed to adjust it thereafter. Breakfast was OK - I was usually late down and often things had run out. Had 2 meals in the restaurant and they were excellent and not expensive.

The staff were very helpful and I would certainly stay here again

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Dear ‘Herbie D’,
First and foremost let me thank you for taking the time and writing us a review here on triparvidor! Your comments are well appreciated, positive and constructive as well. We gladly hear that you would stay with us again during your next visit to Budapest!

Been to Hotel Castle Garden? Share your experiences!