“A truly enchanting stay!” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel Castle Garden
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Lovas u. 41, Budapest 1012, Hungary (Várkerület)   |
Ranked #32 of 329 Hotels in Budapest
London, United Kingdom
“A truly enchanting stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

From check-in till departure, we experienced the up-most in care and professionalism. I travelled with a large group of friends, staying in spacious and well presented twin rooms for the weekend. A speedy check-in meant that we got into the city in no time and in the end, saw more in three days than most would do in a week; sleeping 10 hours over two nights but feeling fresh as a daisy.

The receptionists (all 3 of you!) were simply excellent, whether it meant assisting one of my injured friends or helping me out last minute in printing out a boarding pass. We were allocated 4 rooms on the ground floor. Even though the view was slightly limited, each room was presentable and as the proverb goes, "does exactly what it says on the tin"! Not being on the upper floors was not a problem at all because our rooms were next door to each other which created a great party atmosphere in our corridor. Budapest is a beautiful city with beautiful people and Castle Garden is the catalyst which lets one capture it all :-)
Best Wishes and See you Soon!
Tarik S

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
TamasLenky, Manager at Hotel Castle Garden, responded to this review, March 24, 2013
Dear Tarik,
thank you for sharing your wonderful comments following your recent stay at the Castle Garden. It was delightful to read that you and your friends had such a fantastic time with us and specially that you felt looked after from the moment you checked-in to the hotel. It is a real pleasure that we were able to contribute to your memorable stay in Budapest. We hope that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you all back in the near future. Congratulations on your wedding , we wish you all the best for the future! :)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
  • Polish first
Prague
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

We stayed in this hotel for 1 night. I appreciated the location right a few steps from the entrance to the castle district. We came by car and saved 10 EUR leaving the car on the public parking place in front of the hotel (free after 6 pm on Friday and the whole weekend). The staff is just lovely. The girls at the reception give you all the necessary information right at the check-in and recommend you what you shouldn´t miss in the city. Thumb up for the bartender who managed the breakfasts. We asked for white hungarian bread which was not at the buffet and he was so nice and brought us their own white bread. The room was clean and well equipped (free tea). The only dissapointment was when we were disturbed by traffic during the night (cars passing by in front of the window). Anyway I would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: ask for room viewing the same side as the main entrance, it is quieter
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
TamasLenky, Manager at Hotel Castle Garden, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Dear EvitaPrague,

first and foremost I would like to thank you for leaving your positive comments on Tripadvisor following your recent stay at Hotel Castle Garden. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed our location, rooms and facilities and that our staff provided an exceptional service through being there for all of your needs . It is great to know that in spite of the noise caused by traffic during the night you would recommend us. We would be very happy to welcome you back for a longer visit!
Paris, France
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

We went on a business trip to Budapest and stayed at Caste garden, which was 10 minutes away from the office.
I got a room with two very small single beds, on the ground floor and quite noisy. I would have preferred a room with a double bed, or even to be able to put 2 beds together.
Moreover the weather was cold and the room was cold, and only one blanket.
Restaurant was good, nothing special though and no local food!
The staff was friendly but not very efficiently especially for check out, even if we asked them to prepare it when we went to breakfast, it was still not ready when we came to pay !

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear MarieRomana,
thank you for sharing your experiences of your recent stay with us on Tripadvisor. It was concerning to hear about the problems you faced during your stay at the Hotel Castle Garden, please accept my apologies for them. If you had mentioned the issues with the bed and the temperature, we could have done something about them. Regarding the efficiency of our staff, the check-out time is the busiest period of our days and as you could see only one receptionist is on duty at a time so sometimes it happens that we can not be as fast as we would like to and I can assure you that non of us wanted to make you wait. In spite of the inconveniences I truly hope you will consider us next time you visit Budapest.
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

We had a wonderful stay at the Castle Garden. The location is beautiful and close to the metro so it is easy to get around town and see everything. The hotel was very clean and the staff were really friendly and helpful. I would definitely recommend this hotel if you are staying in Budapest!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
TamasLenky, Manager at Hotel Castle Garden, responded to this review, March 16, 2013
Dear Yasmin L,
many thanks for your feedback left on Tripadvisor following your recent stay at Hotel Castle Garden. We were delighted to read your nice compliments about the hotel, the location and our staff as well. Thank you for recommendation, we hope that your positive descriptions will encourage others to visit us. If you are planning to visit Budapest again, please do not hesitate to contact us!
Lawrenceville, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

If you want a great place by the Castle District, this is where you should stay. I just spent 5 nights at Hotel Castle Garden and I have nothing but good things to say. Nice rooms, well kept, great breakfast (included in the room fee) and a quality restaurant. It's literally a one minute walk from the District. Best of all, they have an awesome staff who are kind, interesting people. They speak fine English and were fully prepared for all of my questions (I had a lot) and my extremely limited Hungarian language skills.

To hotel: Please tell Laura (Lora?) at reception that the flight home was pretty smooth and that I think she should visit America. It's especially nice in the spring, summer, fall or winter.

Thanks,
Mike

murrayinbox@gmail.com

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear Mike,
thank you so much for taking the time and leave such a charming review of your stay at Hotel Castle Garden, it certainly sounds like you had a very enjoyable time with us. We are delighted to hear that you were satisfied with all the features of the hotel. Thank you for your kind words about our team, it is always a great feeling to be recognised for our service. I will definitely pass on your message to Dóra (not Lora :)). We truly hope to see you soon in in our city again. As America, Budapest is also especially nice in each season!
Rochdale, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

The hotel was situated about 5-10 minutes walk from the main part of the old city. The rooms were spotlessly clean, very quiet and comfortable. we spent 4 nights here in snowy February. It was like being in a winter wonderland.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
TamasLenky, Manager at Hotel Castle Garden, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Dear David hodky H,
thank you so much for taking the time to write your review on your recent stay at Hotel Castle Garden. Regarding your positive words, it is clear that you enjoyed your time in our winter wonderland. We truly hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back. Each season has its own wonder in our fairy city.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013 via mobile

I have just spent 2 nights here with my daughter. This hotel was ideal for us - great location close to the castle, friendly and helpful staff, immaculately clean and very comfortable. I chose this hotel partly because I saw that the management reads and responds to reviews, which is a sign that the establishment strives to be the best it can and listens to customers.
So for what they are worth here are 2 things which persuaded me to withhold the 5th star.

First, on arrival late and in the dark, we enquired at the desk for a recommendation for a good restaurant nearby. The receptionist gave us a leaflet for a place just 10 minutes walk away in the castle, the Kiraly. It was horrible: bad food, intrusive live music (who wants to be serenaded at their table? And then pestered to tip and to buy the CD). It was also, by a long way, the most expensive meal we had. Very poor value. It was not the best introduction to Hungary. I was amazed to discover the next night that your own restaurant had been open and we could have saved ourselves that bad experience. The Riso was wonderful - so why were we advised to go elsewhere??

My second minor complaint is that when we arrived back in our room in the late afternoon, having left it around 9.30 in the morning, the room had only been partially made up. The bin had been emptied and the teacups replaced, but the beds were unmade. Not a huge problem, but would have been irritating if we had stayed longer and it happened again.

Having said all that, I would definitely stay at the Castle Garden again. I have learned my lesson re dining and I am sure the housekeeping problem was a one off.

Stayed February 2013
TamasLenky, Manager at Hotel Castle Garden, responded to this review, March 2, 2013
Let me to thank you for sharing your experience with the travelling community about your recent stay at the Hotel Castle Garden.
I must say, I was confused after reading your review. Our guests are always informed about our restaurant and its services at the check-in. Apparently in your case the receptionist left this information out. For the other girl it was obvious that you know about the Riso, this is the reason why she suggested the by a lot of guests liked (of course it is a matter of taste) Hungarian restaurant. Otherwise, it is great to know that you enjoyed your dinner at Riso the next evening.
Please accept my apologies for any inconveniences caused by our cleaning stuff, this is far from what we wish to provide to our guests. Many thanks for your feedback, I can assure you that we will use it to improve our service.
All in all I am glad, that besides this issues you were satisfied with our services and that you would stay here again. It would be our pleasure to welcome you and your daughter back in the near future!

Been to Hotel Castle Garden? Share your experiences!