“Wonderful Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #27 of 331 hotels in Budapest
London
“Wonderful Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

We had a wonderful stay at the Castle Garden. The location is beautiful and close to the metro so it is easy to get around town and see everything. The hotel was very clean and the staff were really friendly and helpful. I would definitely recommend this hotel if you are staying in Budapest!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
TamasLenky, Manager at Hotel Castle Garden, responded to this review, March 16, 2013
Dear Yasmin L,
many thanks for your feedback left on Tripadvisor following your recent stay at Hotel Castle Garden. We were delighted to read your nice compliments about the hotel, the location and our staff as well. Thank you for recommendation, we hope that your positive descriptions will encourage others to visit us. If you are planning to visit Budapest again, please do not hesitate to contact us!

498 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
  • Polish first
Lawrenceville, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

If you want a great place by the Castle District, this is where you should stay. I just spent 5 nights at Hotel Castle Garden and I have nothing but good things to say. Nice rooms, well kept, great breakfast (included in the room fee) and a quality restaurant. It's literally a one minute walk from the District. Best of all, they have an awesome staff who are kind, interesting people. They speak fine English and were fully prepared for all of my questions (I had a lot) and my extremely limited Hungarian language skills.

To hotel: Please tell Laura (Lora?) at reception that the flight home was pretty smooth and that I think she should visit America. It's especially nice in the spring, summer, fall or winter.

Thanks,
Mike

murrayinbox@gmail.com

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear Mike,
thank you so much for taking the time and leave such a charming review of your stay at Hotel Castle Garden, it certainly sounds like you had a very enjoyable time with us. We are delighted to hear that you were satisfied with all the features of the hotel. Thank you for your kind words about our team, it is always a great feeling to be recognised for our service. I will definitely pass on your message to Dóra (not Lora :)). We truly hope to see you soon in in our city again. As America, Budapest is also especially nice in each season!
Rochdale, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

The hotel was situated about 5-10 minutes walk from the main part of the old city. The rooms were spotlessly clean, very quiet and comfortable. we spent 4 nights here in snowy February. It was like being in a winter wonderland.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
TamasLenky, Manager at Hotel Castle Garden, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Dear David hodky H,
thank you so much for taking the time to write your review on your recent stay at Hotel Castle Garden. Regarding your positive words, it is clear that you enjoyed your time in our winter wonderland. We truly hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back. Each season has its own wonder in our fairy city.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013 via mobile

I have just spent 2 nights here with my daughter. This hotel was ideal for us - great location close to the castle, friendly and helpful staff, immaculately clean and very comfortable. I chose this hotel partly because I saw that the management reads and responds to reviews, which is a sign that the establishment strives to be the best it can and listens to customers.
So for what they are worth here are 2 things which persuaded me to withhold the 5th star.

First, on arrival late and in the dark, we enquired at the desk for a recommendation for a good restaurant nearby. The receptionist gave us a leaflet for a place just 10 minutes walk away in the castle, the Kiraly. It was horrible: bad food, intrusive live music (who wants to be serenaded at their table? And then pestered to tip and to buy the CD). It was also, by a long way, the most expensive meal we had. Very poor value. It was not the best introduction to Hungary. I was amazed to discover the next night that your own restaurant had been open and we could have saved ourselves that bad experience. The Riso was wonderful - so why were we advised to go elsewhere??

My second minor complaint is that when we arrived back in our room in the late afternoon, having left it around 9.30 in the morning, the room had only been partially made up. The bin had been emptied and the teacups replaced, but the beds were unmade. Not a huge problem, but would have been irritating if we had stayed longer and it happened again.

Having said all that, I would definitely stay at the Castle Garden again. I have learned my lesson re dining and I am sure the housekeeping problem was a one off.

Stayed February 2013
TamasLenky, Manager at Hotel Castle Garden, responded to this review, March 2, 2013
Let me to thank you for sharing your experience with the travelling community about your recent stay at the Hotel Castle Garden.
I must say, I was confused after reading your review. Our guests are always informed about our restaurant and its services at the check-in. Apparently in your case the receptionist left this information out. For the other girl it was obvious that you know about the Riso, this is the reason why she suggested the by a lot of guests liked (of course it is a matter of taste) Hungarian restaurant. Otherwise, it is great to know that you enjoyed your dinner at Riso the next evening.
Please accept my apologies for any inconveniences caused by our cleaning stuff, this is far from what we wish to provide to our guests. Many thanks for your feedback, I can assure you that we will use it to improve our service.
All in all I am glad, that besides this issues you were satisfied with our services and that you would stay here again. It would be our pleasure to welcome you and your daughter back in the near future!
Northampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Great location in quiet suburban area but 5 mins from beautiful castle area and 5 mins from metro/tram station. Very clean and modern hotel. Helpful staff on receptionand Good service and great food in restaurant/bar. Would stay again and recommend to anyone.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
TamasLenky, Manager at Hotel Castle Garden, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Dear Seetheworldtwice,
let me to thank you for your kind and positive words about us left on Tripadvisor. We are delighted to read that you were satisfied with the location and with all the features of the hotel. We truly hope to have the opportunity to welcoming you back to our hotel in the future.
london
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

I have just spent 5 nights in this fantastic hotel (this is my third visit). It's located in a very quiet area, but not far from the Moscow square, The room was spacious, very clean and with heated bathroom floor, which it is much appreciated with the cold weather.

All the staff members I met, were extremely helpful and nice. Ildiko from Housekeeping helped me with my safe box and was fast to honour any of my requirements.

There is also a great restaurant in the hotel, I don't remember the name, which I spent a lot of time working on my laptop. The food is fantastic and once again the service was superb.

I will definitely come back on my next visit to Budapest.

Room Tip: 408 is really quiet, at the end of the corridor.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
TamasLenky, Manager at Hotel Castle Garden, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Dear atleti73,
it’s great to know that during your visits in Budapest your choice was always the Hotel Castle Garden. We are really happy to hear that we were able to exceed your expactations on every stay and that you feel you have received an exceptional service. Thanks for your review and we look forward to your return. In case reservations, we are at your disposal!
Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

We stayed in the Castle Garden from 26/30-Jan-13. I am more than happy to recommend the hotel to anyone travelling to Budapest. Enough is said in other reviews about the location, the rooms, public transport etc and I would echo everything that they say. But it was the staff who were willing to go the extra mile when my wife and I decided to walk back from Pest (on our first night) but avoided going up to the castle. Trying to read a poor map at 2300 hrs under poor street lights is not the easiest thing to do. Cue a phone call to the receptionist on duty (Dora) whose English was faultless and the taxi found us 5 minutes later! We had a great time in a great city and that was in no small way due to the hotel.

The location is wonderful. You are about 300 m from the entrance to Castle Hill. From here you can see everything especially the awesome views of the Danube. I would recommend the Hospital in the Rock as a place that you must see. The only pity about it being that they do not allow you to take photographs inside. From Castle Hill you can get anywhere in the city using public transport, taxi, hop-on, hop-off bus (I recommend the Red Line) or simply enjoy the castle area.

We enjoyed everything about this trip - even the sub-zero temperatures - and intend to return at some point in the near future. We will stay in the Castle Garden.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Ian M,
thank you for taking the time to leave your review on Tripadvisor, it was a pleasure to read it. We are very glad that your stay in Budapest was an enjoyable experience and that the Hotel Castle Garden was able to be a part of it. We are sorry for the inconvenience that occurred during your walk, but we are also glad, that due to the assistance of our guest-orientated staff you got safe to the hotel. Thank you for your comments and recommendations.We hope to see you soon back, you must see our great city at above-zero temperatures as well!

Been to Hotel Castle Garden? Share your experiences!