“Great food but quiet” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Delhi Darbar

Delhi Darbar
Dohany utca 54, Budapest 1074, Hungary (District VII / Jewish Quarter)
+36 1 78 69 853
Neighborhood: District VII / Jewish Quarter
Southport, United Kingdom
“Great food but quiet”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

We enjoyed our meal, the restaurant seemed very authentic and was nicely decorated. It wasn't exactly bustling but that was nice after a long day walking.

The food was good quality, big portions and reasonably priced, we had a nice meal and would go back again.

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Chalfont Saint Peter, United Kingdom
“Great food - shame it is so quiet”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

I eat here regularly - the food is reliable. Staff are nice - it deserves a few more customers. Give it a go!

Visited October 2012
“Small place, delicious food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012 via mobile

I try not to give 5 stars freely, so please keep that in mind.

Myself and a coworker were heading somewhere else for dinner, but while walking by had a sudden impulse to have Indian food. We were quite happy with our decision!

If/when I return to Budapest I am likely to eat here again.

Swindon, United Kingdom
“Why is this place so quiet ?”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

Went there today for lunch and was the only customer. With dedicated service I have no complains on the delivery. Ordered my usual veg dishes and nan breads. Arrived quickly and hot. Great taste, good spicing good portions, good price. No complaints - just can not understand why I did not have more company.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Brussels, Belgium
“Average”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

Following tripadvisor advice, my girlfriend and I ended up in this restaurant on a Monday night. It was empty, only one other couple was there.

The only people working there that we saw were Hungarian... The decoration was a strange mix of Hungarian and Indian, but we didn't come to it for that so it was okay. All we were interested in was Indian food at a good price...

My girlfriend ordered a veggie dish, with tofu and spices that was really good at a good price.

I ordered a more expensive dish, made of lamb marinated with mint, coriander and various spices... At least that is what it was supposed to be on the menu! I received several pieces of red meat that was sausgage tasting, everything but lamb and the spices it said on the menu. I asked the waiter if it was really the dish I ordered and unfortunately it was... Eatable, but not Indian at all and I doubt it was lamb either...

The waiter was not nice, he seemed bored to still have to work because of us.

To summay: You should probably avoid this restaurant unless you order something veggie or you dont mind surprises

• Visited August 2012