I discovered the Gerloczy in Rick Steves' guide book on Central Europe, and my husband and I affirm what Rick said and what other Trip Advisors have reported. The Gerloczy is an affordable gem in the downtown area of Budapest - well located for access to the Danube and transit, and within walking distance of many sights. We stayed 8 nights in total in October this year (2013); while we went on an overnight trip to Eger, the Gerloczy stored our luggage, and had it waiting for us in our new room on our return. Our rooms were Room 4 on the 3rd and 1st floors, one with a red and the other with a gray colour scheme which added visual interest. Although I was a little worried that there would be some noise drifting upstairs from the restaurant when we were on the 1st floor, it wasn't a problem at all. We enjoyed the turn of the 20th century decor, and especially appreciated the small size of this hotel which provided a sense of intimacy. We are especially grateful for the excellent service from reception; for two travellers with no knowledge of Hungarian, their assistance was crucial in orienting us and helping us with our arrangements. We enjoyed the other guests attracted to the Gerloczy whom we met over breakfast in the Gerloczy cafe downstairs - which is also a delightful cafe for a coffee and delicious dessert. Yes, the bathroom was small by North American standards; it worked for us. As I found Budapest somewhat intimidating, I welcomed the comfort of Gerloczy for the first couple of days till we found our way around. We would return in a nano-second, and recommend this hotel to other travellers who have a penchant for charm and great service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- GERLÓCZY: CAFÉ WITH ROOMSThere are 19 rooms above the café awaiting travellers seeking the authentic Gerlóczy feel including 15 standard rooms, two of which have balconies and four of which are attic rooms with exposed wooden beams. Rich interiors oozing turn-of-the-century atmosphere with modern touches. If you stay here, you’ll be part of the vibrant life of the downtown café.Café Gerlóczy was chosen "The Best Café" in Budapest. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Priceline, T4B, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Gerloczy Rooms de Lux reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gerloczy Rooms De Lux Hotel Budapest
- Gerloczy Rooms De Lux Budapest