This small hotel has a lot of charm and the location is excellent. On a traffic-restricted, quiet side street, it is near Deak Square from which you can take a bus to the Castle Quarter or a metro to just about anyplace else. It is an easy walk to Vaci Street, the Jewish Quarter and the Danube. The hotel and restaurant staff were very friendly and helpful. All of this and the price is a very good one. If you are arriving by train don't count on being able to find one of the reliable (honest) taxis like City Taxi or Taxi 2000 at the station. Try to make arrangements with the hotel to be picked up or call the taxi company. Most, if not all, taxis at the station will charge you more than double the fair rate. We knew which taxis to look for and we were expecting to find them among the choices - wrong. The ride to the hotel is a very short one and should not have cost near the 5000 Forints we paid. The hotel can also arrange airport transportation for a fixed rate.
- Also Known As:
- Gerloczy Rooms De Lux Hotel Budapest
- Gerloczy Rooms De Lux Hotel
- Gerloczy Rooms De Lux Budapest
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- GERLÓCZY: CAFÉ WITH ROOMSThere are 19 rooms above the café awaiting travellers seeking the authentic Gerlóczy feel including 15 standard rooms, two of which have balconies and four of which are attic rooms with exposed wooden beams. Rich interiors oozing turn-of-the-century atmosphere with modern touches. If you stay here, you’ll be part of the vibrant life of the downtown café.Café Gerlóczy was chosen "The Best Café" in Budapest. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with T4B, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Tingo, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Gerloczy Rooms de Lux reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.