This a charming hotel located in a very convenient part of Budapest. You can walk to most of the sites you will want to see. For those further away, the bus or metro works well. When we visited Buda Castle, we took the #16 bus from Deak Terrenc Fer metro station (which is less than a five minute walk from the hotel), and this worked out fine. We walked back (downhill) and it was about a 5 minute walk to the Chain Bridge, and perhaps another 10 minutes to the hotel.
The rooms are very nice--fairly roomy, clean and in good condition. It was also pretty quiet at night. We heard a few late night revelers but mostly it was good sleeping. We stayed in room 5.
They have a cafe downstairs. The cost of the breakfast is not included in the price of the room, but the price of the room is reasonable and we had no problem with this. Unlike many other restaurants in Europe, rather than a buffet the breakfast is a la carte. You order what you want. We actually like this better. The food and service were good. We did not eat any other meals there, but we understand it has a good reputation for lunch and dinner as well.
The service at the hotel was very good. The person at the reception desk answered all our questions. She also was very helpful in setting up dinner reservations as well as the boat rides on the Danube. We enjoyed a restaurant called Fausto's quite a bit--it is not the cheapest, but the food and service are excellent.
We also took the 1 hour non-dinner boat ride at night which was nice. Budapest at night is a sight to see.
We very strongly recommend you consider the Gerloczy. It met all of our needs, and helped to make our stay in Budapest very enjoyable!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- GERLÓCZY: CAFÉ WITH ROOMSThere are 19 rooms above the café awaiting travellers seeking the authentic Gerlóczy feel including 15 standard rooms, two of which have balconies and four of which are attic rooms with exposed wooden beams. Rich interiors oozing turn-of-the-century atmosphere with modern touches. If you stay here, you’ll be part of the vibrant life of the downtown café.Café Gerlóczy was chosen "The Best Café" in Budapest. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Priceline, T4B, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Gerloczy Rooms de Lux reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gerloczy Rooms De Lux Hotel Budapest
- Gerloczy Rooms De Lux Budapest