We spent four wonderful nights at the Gerloczy, and I really can not say enough about how much we love this charming hotel. It is just so cute from the outside but you step in the doors and you feel like you have stepped back in time with a lovely elegance throughout. I'm afraid our mouths were probably hanging open the whole time as we walked up the circular staircase and then came to our rooms with the huge wooden doors that must be at least nine feet tall. The rooms are large and beautiful.
We had booked early and requested the room with the balcony while our daughters had the room right next door. It was so much fun to sit outside while enjoying a glass of wine and listening to the murmur of people below. The balcony has a small table and two chairs but the staff brought up two more chairs for us. The breakfast was very, very good and we never went over our allotment. A couple of earlier reviews had complained about the waiters, while they were not overly friendly, they were very professional and we had no problems.
The location could not have been better. We walked to The Great Market, down to the waterfront, good resturants near by and even a grocery store across the way. With the subway just a couple of blocks away it was easy for us to jump on and go anywhere we wanted.
Staff service was excellent. My e-mails were answered right away, they looked up jazz clubs and printed off a map, arranged a taxi to pick us up for an 4:00 pm to take us out to the airport, answered any of our questions and were ready to give suggestions. English was spoken as well as I believe, many other languages.
This was our oldest daughter's first time to Europe. The Gerloczy has set a very high bar for the rest of her future trips. This was a wonderful place for the four of us (daughters were 21 & 25) but it would also be my top pick for a romantic trip for two.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- GERLÓCZY: CAFÉ WITH ROOMSThere are 19 rooms above the café awaiting travellers seeking the authentic Gerlóczy feel including 15 standard rooms, two of which have balconies and four of which are attic rooms with exposed wooden beams. Rich interiors oozing turn-of-the-century atmosphere with modern touches. If you stay here, you’ll be part of the vibrant life of the downtown café.Café Gerlóczy was chosen "The Best Café" in Budapest. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with T4B, Booking.com, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Gerloczy Rooms de Lux reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gerloczy Rooms De Lux Hotel Budapest
- Gerloczy Rooms De Lux Budapest