“Ryan and Ron” 5 of 5 stars
Review of BudaBaB

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Budapest
BudaBaB
Ranked #8 of 160 Budapest B&B and Inns
Warrington
“Ryan and Ron”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2011

Immensely enjoyable stay at this B&B, both hosts knowledgeable about the city and area and only too willing to offer advice.
I stayed two nights in November and the B&B was ideally placed for most of the sights, the metro is only a short walk away and restaurants and bars are plentiful in the immediate vicinity if you are travelling as a family or solo I can highly recommend.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
ron8317, Owner at BudaBaB, responded to this review, November 29, 2011
Thanks so much for you kind review... we were lucky to have you as our guest!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Cape Coral, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2011

We actually walked to BudaBab upon arrival from Kaleti train station following the exact directions from the web site. HOWEVER, upon departure we, two, shall I say, ladies of a certain age were escorted by tram to the station with our heavy suitcases carried by two gentlemen, Ron and Ryan, the owners of BudaBaB. This tells you how specially guests at BudaBab are treated. I would say that staying in such a cheerful bright apartment contained in an atmospheric old world building, in a safe and central location, with two extremely,polite and helpful hosts made the trip. When Ron gave us a detailed map in large print the first morning for his "map studies" seminar, we knew we were A., not going to get lost, B., we were going to cover all the essentials and that C. they were going to make sure we saw much more than just the essentials. Transportation: trams, Europe's oldest metro, (buy the transportation pass across the street from the B&B.) and most destinations, easy by foot. Food: start the day with Ron's abundant breakfast and plenty of coffee, nice cafes for an evening meal at a 5 minute walk, Music: Opera House 10 minute walk, (check internet for cheap tickets) Money: They sent us to a very good money exchange nearby.

My friend and I took both rooms which we were most comfortable in. Hers had a small balcony. Price was right. BudaBab would be a particularly good choice if one was traveling solo, something I often do. Also, the web site, and reservation system is very organized and easy to use. They are really on top of everything, a good feeling when you are far from home.

ron8317, Owner at BudaBaB, responded to this review, November 29, 2011
Thanks so much for you kind review... your thoughtful descriptions and thoughtfulness are so appreciated.
Corpus Christi, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2011

I was very impressed from the first day we got there untill the day we left. The first day we arrived, Ron(one of the host) took me out for icecream and showed me where the Opera House was while my travel friend Becky explored Ryan's brain about what we must see in Budapest. Ron and Ryan were very attentive to our needs and blessed us with a yummy breakast everyday. At night, they would pause the TV and listen to our daily activities. They were very helpful in making sure we knew where to get money changed, metro tickets, must sees and routing out our day for us on a map. I loved that their home was beautiful, airy, big and in the middle of town. I will always remember running thru their home and feeling comfortable being my excited self. They made us feel like family from day one.They also informed me about Gabor who massaged me 3 times for an hour and half each time. Gabor was icing on the cake for me. I will alway treasure my memories with Ryan and Ron in BudaBAb Bed and Breakfast. It was very hard for me to leave Budapest due to Ryan and Ron hospitality. Oh yes one more thing, I left an outfit there, and they are making sure I get it back by sending it back with some nice Texan tourists. Thanks Ryan and Ron for the peach cobbler!!!

Room Tip: We stayed in the big room with the bed by the window. I loved to leave the window open so I could li...
ron8317, Owner at BudaBaB, responded to this review, November 29, 2011
Vickie, you're in our top ten! Your review is a treasure, including the room tip! Texans are great!
Portland, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2011

Two personalities. One common goal: to make your stay in Budapest as enjoyable and smooth as possible. Your hosts, Ron and Ryan, are attentive to your needs and questions. They are happy to share the insider tips of Budapest that they have learned over the years. Ryan penned the Budapest and Hungary book for Frommer's, so he is especially helpful with tourist information. They will pause the evening movie so you can share your day's adventures or plug in earphones if you would rather hit the hay after an exhausting day of tourist activities.

Their home, which they share with you, is clean, airy, well-appointed, comfortable, and in good proximity to public transportation. Metro and tram stops are moments away, and the Opera House is only a brief walk. There are only two rooms for guests, so you are blessed with an intimate and friendly environ.

Buda BaB is a good value for your dollar. The rates are very reasonable, and a healthy breakfast is included.

For lodging in Budapest, look no further.

BudaBaB2011, Owner at BudaBaB, responded to this review, September 24, 2011
We have been truly favored by having guests from over 18 countries. Each time a guest shares their day's experiences, it gives us an opportunity to explore the city yet again with new perspectives. That is the best benefit of sharing our home.
Stockholm
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2011

If you want to know Budapest, this is the place! Since one of the hosts is an author of Frommer's Guide, you will get very useful information about the city and Hungary. The flat is large with plenty of room. The bedrooms are perfect and so are the bedrooms. During my stay, I felt like being at home, which is rare in this kind of apartments. A great advantage is the location, right in the middle of the city. In fact, you can reach most of the attractions by foot. So this is really something I recommend!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
ron8317, Owner at BudaBaB, responded to this review, November 29, 2011
We are so grateful for your kind words and recommendation. It was a pleasure hosting you. Thanks very much.
Cambridge, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2011

One journeys up an antique elevator through the dark, cool interior of this fabulous old building to reach the spacious, bright apartment that is Budabab B&B. I loved the 12-foot ceilings, the large white double doors between rooms and out to the balcony from our salmon-colored bedroom, and the clean, bright, airy kitchen and bath. I also looked forward to arriving "home" each evening during our 5-day stay and making a cup of tea in Ron and Ryan's welcoming kitchen. The only potential drawback is that the block can be noisy on summer weekends -- it's not traffic (the street gets few cars), but the voices of young people exiting bars during the night. Bring earplugs and you will be fine.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
BudaBaB2011, Owner at BudaBaB, responded to this review, September 24, 2011
We really appreciate it and are honored when guests feel comfortable enough to refer to our place as "home". Some say, I am so exhausted from seeing so many things, I just needed to return "home" for a rest before heading out again.

Our goal is to make you feel like this is your home. When it is expressed, we know we have succeeded.
Vienna, Austria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2011

We had a great time at BudaBab and will definitely stay there again on our next trip to Budapest. Ron and Ryan had a wealth of helpful information about the city through their experience living there and were kindly willing to answer all of our questions. Budapest is a great city that we certainly would not have enjoyed as much without our hosts' helpful suggestions.

The rooms were spacious, the bathroom is very clean and breakfeast is a perfect start to the day. Please note that Ron and Ryan do not smoke anymore (as another post mentions) and there was no hint that they ever had - and I am generally sensitive to the smell.

All around a great experience that I would highly recommend to friends.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
ron8317, Owner at BudaBaB, responded to this review, November 29, 2011
Thanks so much, Kate, for your kind recommendation. You felt like family to us too. We hope you can return to enjoy even more of our beautiful city. Happy trails to you!

Been to BudaBaB? Share your experiences!