“Cool and Calm Place to Enjoy” 4 of 5 stars

Belvedere Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   11/A Szilagyi Erzsebet Fasor, Budapest 1024, Hungary   |
Ranked #55 of 332 hotels in Budapest
Ostrava
“Cool and Calm Place to Enjoy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

We have just returned from Belvedere and I must say it is really a wonderful place. My friend recommended me this name and I was highly impressed with his choice. Excellent services and facilities are provided here at affordable prices. Everything from check in to check out went very smooth. The front desk is very helpful and never delayed or refused for any kind of service. Room was very quiet, well designed and spacious. I will surely come here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

197 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

I was in Budapest for eight days on a business trip at the end of January 2013. I stayed five nights at the Belvedere Hotel and I found it welcoming and homely.

On entering the hotel the reception consisted of small desk where the receptionist took my details very quickly and gave me the key to my room 304. Although I was on my own and paid single supplement I had a double bed with bath and shower. The room also had WI-fi connection.

It was a medium size comfortable room and the price included a buffet breakfast which was simple but nice.

Although the hotel is on a main road and about ten to fifteen minutes into the heart of Budapest, the room I was in was quiet.

I had to spend one night away from the hotel, but when I returned they put me into room 307. This room had no bath or Wi-fi connection only a shower. I asked to be put back to my original room and the receptionist duly obliged.

On my day of departure the check out time was 11am, but my plane did not depart until 20.45 that night. I asked if I could stay in my room until my flight time and I was prepared to pay an extra supplement, but the management said I could stay in my room free of charge.

I find these simple acts of kindness more important than posh upmarket hotels that charge for every little extra they can lay their hands on.

I would certainly recommend this hotel for anyone looking to stay in Budapest.

Room Tip: Ask receptionist for your preferences, for example if you want a bath, Wi-fi in your room etc:
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

We stayed over New Year as this was the cheapest decent looking place we could find that was central. The room was good, nice sized and quiet despite the trams and cars on the road outside. We had a balcony with a view of Castle Hill and south Buda but it was freezing outside. The pool on the top floor is tiny but has a current to swim against and awesome views, also a sauna. Breakfast was average, nice cold stuff and some eggs. Close to the metro line and a tram outside the hotel takes you to south Buda for a good walk back via the sights. There are good pubs and proper Hungarian restaurants nearby but the old town is a short walk uphill if you prefer tourist places.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Geneva, Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013 via mobile

I wasn't sure what to expect, the location seemed a bit far from where we are used to hang out while in Budapest, but fortunately it was well worth it. Price/value is well in balance. I will certainly stay here again!
Take tram 61 to Szel Karman metro station which is a stop away and from there you can reach any place in the Budapest perimeter area. Very easy!

• Stayed January 2013
Newcastle,Staffs
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Very good hotel.Doesn't look that great from the outside,but the rooms are lovely.Mind you,we got an upgrade to a suite,so this review may be a bit biased!!!Breakfast was just OK. Staff were excellent.Thanks to the receptionist who helped us out when we needed a matter dealt with.

Room Tip: Trams,buses and metro are excellent.Get a travel card.
Oxford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

My partner and I have just returned from a 4 night break at this hotel, the staff were lovely and helpful, the hotel was great value for money and the decor was very modern. Nice spacious room, very clean and warm and serviced every day. Lovely restaurants and bars very close to hotel and great location for visiting the castle and many sites within easy walking distance. Breakfast was interesting, shame they didnt do toast!!! But would highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: The higher the better and the back of the hotel is quieter as hotel is on a busy road.
Nottingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

We just got home after a 4 day stay at the Belvedere Hotel. The hotel was very nice and the decor was modern and sleek. The breakfast was very extensive, offering continental and hot food. Although a tad small, the pool area offered stunning views of the castle district of Buda. The hotel itself is close to the square where there is easy access to Pest and is a 10/15 minute walk to the castle district. The taxi from the airport cost 8400 HUF. On the way back we took the train to the airport - easy to get to from the hotel, cheaper and efficient. Overall, we had a great stay and would recommend it to anyone to stay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Belvedere Hotel? Share your experiences!