“Not bad, but great location” 5 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Condominium   |   Kiraly utca 32, Budapest 1061, Hungary   |
Ranked #67 of 536 Specialty Lodging in Budapest
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Wellington, New Zealand
“Not bad, but great location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

We stayed here for 5 nights as part of a group (5 apartments in total) and it's a great location. But as the apartments are individually owned they are all set up differently - and our one was lacking AC which in temperatures around 40C made sleeping difficult at times. The wifi signal was highly variable between the 5 apartments - some were strong and others weak. No instructions for the washing machine, so a bit of guesswork was needed there - but we could hang the clothes out overnight and they were thoroughly dry in the morning. The staff are great, all fluent in English and very willing to help.The big plus is the location - great restaurants nearby, two grocery shops down the road, and only 10 minutes into the heart of the Old Town, 20 minutes to the Chain Bridge. I'd stay here again - as long as we had AC.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Hexham, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

Apartments are individually owned and run by an agency so reviews are only relevant to externals like the location of the building and the agency staff. Our 2 room apartment no. 419 was very noisy with revellers returning along the nearby street throughout the early hours followed by the bottle/rubbish removal vans at 6am. The kitchen was poorly and cheaply equipped with the bare minimum - no wine glasses, frying pan, slotted spoon. 2 dishwasher tablets for 9 day visit.! Cable TV but only US Business news channel in English as the sound was distorted on over half the channels and office staff said they couldn't rectify problem. Lights in the bathroom were dim. The "peaceful garden" is really just a planted area in the centre of all the flats , with one garden bench. Apartment was spacious and I liked the small balcony but could have stayed in a 4* hotel for less. Location is good but there are many hotels and apartments centrally situated since Budapest is quite compact.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thunder Bay, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

Our assigned apt had hot water issues so the first night we were on the 6th floor, awesome accomodations. The next two nights we were moved to another apt/suite on the first floor, while the hallway smelled constantly like smoke..it did not enter our apartment and the accomodations were wonderful. Note to staff...maybe some permanent instructions on how to use the washing machine etc/dishwasher would be helpful.

Sure I could have called the staff when the machine stopped and my clothes were still sopping wet..but thankfully we had two nice days and I hund them on teh fence. If you are a light sleeper bring ear plugs because you sleep schedule isn't necessarily the same as the person upstairs from you...after a long day of travelling the upstairs people were moving their furniture at midnight. This is a modernly fitted apartment within walking distance to many sights and terrific resturaunts, not to mention the grocery store at the end of the block.

This staff will bend over backwards to make your stay wonderful, when we had to switch apartments they moved our luggage, when we needed a cab, they called one, even when I ran out of time to buy stamps for my postcards I asked them if they could and they obliged. THEY are great...it's not like a hotel where they give you a key and you go up, they take you to your apartment and show you around.. I would DEFINATLY STAY HERE AGAIN. Need

Room Tip: ask for a room NOT on the street side so ask for the courtyard, there will be no street traffic, as...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Jakarta, Indonesia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

This apartment is located 3 metro stops away from Keleti train station. From Deak Ferenc ter station, you have to walk another 10 mins to reach the apartment office. I actually had some difficulty locating the office block as there was no signboard on the building. From there, a staff will lead you to your apartment block. Mine was about 3 mins walk away.

I was given a 1 bedroom unit and was very pleased with what I saw. The main drawbacks I found were weak wifi signal (seems to be only available in the dining area) and a somewhat creaky bed. There was a sun roof in the room and hence you cannot escape light shining in the mornings. It can be rather noisy at night as there are several pubs below our apartment so try to ask for a higher floor.

Other than that, I have to say you cannot go wrong with this choice especially if you have kids. All necessary kitchen wares can be found and the apartment is in near new condition. The larger space makes it a more enjoyable stay. A washing machine is also available in the unit. Deak Ferenc ter station is an interchange for the metro so you can get to many places easily from here. Plenty of shopping and restaurants can be found within 10 mins walk and you can even reach the Chain Bridge in 20 mins on foot.

I will not hesitate to recommend this place to my friends who want to visit Budapest.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Napoli
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

I booked a two bedroom flat for my family of four. Kings was highly recommended to me by a friend, so I didn't even research other places as a comparison. Their office staff works from 9am-9pm, so our evening arrival was fine. They arranged a taxi service which was very reasonable at E29 from the airport. Their staff is friendly and helpful. We did hear street noise on the week-end nights, so if you are a light sleeper, bring ear plugs. The early AM street cleaners are also noisy.

Our flat was on the 6th floor and the elevator worked fine. The flat had all the basics and yes, the decor is all older IKEA stuff as another reviewer indicated, but as long as it's functional who cares if it's pretty. We did notice several minor repairs that needed to be made, and I indicated those on our check-out form, and received a follow up email three days later thanking me for the info, and that repairs had been made. The bathrooms were large and I appreciated the bathtub to soak my tired legs after walking all day!

The location is fantastic. Kiraly Street is chock full of restaurants, and up the block a bit (away form the square) is a pedestrian street with even more. Of course if you go across the square to the main pedestrian way-Vaci St. then you have even more. They recommended two places and provided a 10% discount. The French restaurant was ok but the entrees were disappointing. The bakery/coffeehouse is great! There are also quite a few "secondhand" retro clothing stores on this street if you are into this kind of thing, as my teen-age daughter is. The neighborhood seems very safe and we were comfortable walking around at 11-12 at night. We ate out every day and did not eat a bad meal anywhere, even at the tourist places. The highly-rated Mensa is just up the street, and we ate at Buena Vista next door and it was great. There are several small grocery stores on Kiraly Street, and the largest is on the corner of Kiraly and the Square. Prices are very reasonable.

The METRO hub is just down the street at the square, as is the trolley line. Or, you can walk over one block to the Opera and catch the yellow line to Hero's Square, the City Park and Spa.
The Chain Bridge is a 5-10 minute easy walk, as are most of Budapest's main attractions. I would not recommend the hop on/hop off tour (see my review). My friend did a private bus tour booked through another company and said it was great. But, if you decide to do it, walk down to the square and you'll find all three services hawking their tours. It's also a main stop, so you shouldn't have to wait long for a bus.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

Stayed here for two nights in February. The apartment was excellent as were the staff. The staff met us at the door and informed us of all the info we needed to know then showed us the apartment. There were four singles travelling together and the apartment was certainly big enough to accomodate us all. Nice and warm also. Would def recommend these apaprtments to anyone I know going to Budapest for a break.

one little recommendation would be maybe they could have a small lot of milk and a few coffees and teas available to use when you arrive befor e you get your bearings on convience stores. But really an excellent apaprtment with awesome staff THANK YOU!!!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

Our little group arrived at around midnight and found the lovely clean apartment easily. The location was fantastic and walking difference to most things. It is situated right in the middle of the Jewish quarters which is the liveliest part of the city. We did have a little discrepancy as we had actually booked a 2 bed apartment for 5 but they had only put us in a 1 bed, luckily thought here are enough beds in the 1 bed so it did not disrupt anything and they have given us the difference in price back. Quality, cheap accomadation I can recommend 100%.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

Been to King Apartments Budapest? Share your experiences!