“As Charming as Budapest!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Goat Hostel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Budapest
Goat Hostel
You added Goat Hostel to your Saves list
Vamhaz Korut 15 | 1st Floor 8, Budapest 1093, Hungary   |
Ranked #107 of 536 Specialty Lodging in Budapest
Berlin, Germany
“As Charming as Budapest!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

The hostel seems to be converted from a large apartment. You have to ring a buzzer to get in, as though buzzing into someone's flat. I was immediately in love with the place before we even made it in, as there is a beautiful winding staircase leading you up to the Hostel. My boyfriend and I shared a private room with the shared bathroom and found it to be really charming and decorated a lot like our apartment at home! A sort of relaxed, neat bohemian kind feel. We felt at home immediately and were given lots of information, hints and tips about the area surrounding the hostel and also about the city. The location is really great. It's very close to one of the bridges and so easy to find again and also quite near many of the places we wanted to see. It's only a block away from the subway as well. The only thing that was a little underwhelming was the breakfast. Toasted white bread or cold cornflakes? It was sufficient but nothing special. The coffees were quite delicious though! And our hosts even made fun little pictures on top of them for us. We DEFINITELY stay here again. More than I would expect to get for having payed so little.. quite like the rest of Budapest!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Families
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
  • Korean first
Bergara, Spain
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2012

Good hostel in Budapest, with clean and bright rooms. I stayed there just one night but I really apreciate the amability of the owners. An english couple who made us feel like we were at home. For me, the best thing of this hostel, the attention and the enviroment that you can feel, even if being far from home, they make you feel as if it is your home.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
Krems an der Donau, Austria
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2012

I stayed there for 3 nights. The hostel was nice. Quite cozy. Showers were okay, they had warm water. General cleanless was okay. There was a free internet access and wifi as well. The hostel was located in a good place and was easy to get there from trainstation. The staff was nice and beds were okay. No complains! Free breakfast (containing bread and corn flakes) was included. It wasn't so great but it was free and next to the hostel there was a market hall ;) The staff prepared free lattes in the morning as well :) I would stay in this hostel again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2011

This is the kind of hostel you imagine before you start travelling before you get the harsh reality. I was sick and it was raining most of the time, but I loved Budapest and I especially loved the goat. I was so worried when I showed up and walked up the omnous spiral staircase, but what I found was a well managed, clean, cosy and super spacious hostel. They could have got so many more bunks in the dorms, but have decided on space which is refreshing. If you're going to Budapest, stay at the goat, it's right near Raday street and the staff are always happy to recommend their fav (which was great, thanks Agnes) and advise on where to go/see/how to get there. Thanks team! I had a great stay!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
New Orleans, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2011

After two weeks of traveling from Switzerland to Budapest, this place felt like home. It's clean, uncrowded, and has a homey, relaxed atmosphere that can't be beat. Steve is the funniest and most-helpful staff person I've ever met, and he and Gabriel always had great recommendations on places to go and things to do while we were in the City. When we arrived on New Year's Eve, Steve wasted no time in handing us a bottle of champagne for the road and a map of places to go party. We were always served breakfast and fresh coffee in the little kitchen area, and when it came time to catch our too-early flight back home he booked us a taxi that didn't rip us off.

The rooms are spacious and tidy, and there's no need to bring linens or towels. Lots of wall outlets and surge protectors in every room, and there's laundry available onsite for 4 Euro. The common room has huge comfy couches and an extensive movie collection that you can watch on a projector, and working computers with free internet access and the strongest WiFi signal I've encountered in a hostel. If you forget your toiletries, there's a grocery store around the corner and a 24 hour convenience store across the street, and ATMs, a drugstore, and a subway stop on the next block. Also within walking distance is the Liberty Bridge to the Buda side, bookstores, cafes, and a plethora of awesome eateries with reasonably priced meals and bars.

Our stay in Budapest wouldn't have been as good without this place. My only regret is that I didn't leave a note to tack to their wall of letters from past guests. We will definitely be back, however, so we'll have another chance!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with friends
Oslo, Norway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2010

This hostel is located in an appartment in an old building. But the standard of the hostel was good. The staff gave us great service. They even made us coffee whitout us requesting. The rooms was spacy and clean. Nice livingroom whit possibility to watch movie or chech the web. The breakfast was okey, but nothing you can go long on. Also very close to the metro which make it easy to find.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with friends
lontoo
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2010

Nice staff and good location near metro and tram lines. Road noise and wooden floor can be disturbing when try to sleep. I made my bookin using Hostelworld and now I tried make a review with some negative comments but I couldnt do it 'cause my bookin was canceled.. I think points should be 87 thsn 100 and all the bad comments are deleted..but not a bad hostel but not 100 points

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo

Been to Goat Hostel? Share your experiences!