“Amazing Dinner Experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Onyx Restaurant

Onyx Restaurant
Vorosmarty Square 7-8. Entrance From the Harmincad Street, Budapest 1051, Hungary (Belváros-Lipótváros)
+36 30 508 0622
Neighborhood: Belváros-Lipótváros
Douglassville, Pennsylvania
“Amazing Dinner Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

My partner and I went here, and we had the taster menu with the wine. It was an amazing dining experience. We enjoyed our dinner very much, and we thought it was artfully done in an amazing atmosphere.

Visited January 2013

91% Recommend
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Surrey, United Kingdom
“Best thing was the bread and you need it :-)”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

I found this experience quite disappointing. The price seems reasonable for the taster menu but upon closer inspection, the money is made in the alcohol and at least the taster menus I've tried in London have included wine in the price. The food was very good, wonderfully presented and this is the place for you if you have the appetite of an ant; thankfully beforehand, we had a couple of glasses of mulled wine, tried a jewish cake, a savoury pancake and a hot chocolate...the bread was spectacular with all sorts of varieties and we had two bread baskets during our meal. The wine as I said was VERY expensive and so we stuck to the cheapest red on the menu...which was satisfactory but nothing to write home about. I think that if you want to experience a taster menu and say you've been to Michelin star restaurant, give it a go but I've had better taster menus in London (and don't be fooled, there is nothing hungarian about the menu...may the schnapps at the end but mainly its your average french cuisine type food) with better value for money.

Visited December 2012
Stockholm, Sweden
“Busapest's brightest shining star”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

Having visited the Onyx five times over the last three years, I am happy to be able to give them my full support. I've visited eight of the top ten restaurants in Budapest, several of them more than once, and in my opinion, the Onyx is the brightest shining star in the constellation.

There is so much to be said about the Onyx' love for the traditional Hungarian cuisine and ability to refine, modernize and convey it to the guests, but this may not the right forum for longeurs. I recommend this restaurant to food lovers,especialy those who, like myself, use edibles to learn about the culture.

• Visited November 2012
Budapest, Hungary
“Well Prepared Meals, Superior Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013 via mobile

Food, service, and decor right at the top. It's expensive but worth it. The somelier are always wonderful.

Jerusalem, Yerushalayim, Israel
“whole new prefection level”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

From the planning level of the trip, we knew Onyx is a must and one of the anchors in our trip.
But, in my wildest dreams, I didn't imagine the food and the ambiance would be as close to perfection as it gets.

We have been in many restaurants in Budapest, none of them come close to the high standards of service, design and food. The chef design each dish, and turn it to celebration of flavors and textures. The waiters are super professional.

If you are interested in gourmet food - this is the place.

The prices aren't cheap, but you can try the daily menu (launch time) for single, most wonderful experience.

• Visited January 2013