I couldn't really fault the Budapest City Central. Some people have been on here complaining that it doesn't really look like a hotel but we found it no problem, and I quite liked the building and courtyard. The place is old school. Yes it could be noisy with the windows open but what do people expect? It's right in the city centre! Close the windows and turn on the aircon- problem solved. As soon as you get out on the street you can head in any direction and find plenty to see and do in this beautiful city.
Our room was clean and nice- good beds and a decent shower. The complimentary wine was a nice touch and the staff were very friendly and efficient. The 3 euro vouchers for breakfast in the cafe across the road was a good deal.
Very enjoyable stay and I hope to be back.
- Also Known As:
- Budapest City Central Hotel Budapest
- Budapest City Central Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The City Central is located directly in the historical center of Budapest, less than a 5 minute walk from famous Vaci street, Andrassy Avenue, the Hungarian National Museum, St. Stephen’s Basilica and the Dohany Synagogue (Europe’s largest). Located in a 19th century historical ironbound building, the space is brand new, having opened in May 2008, and today delivers the height of comfort in classical surroundings.Visitors cannot find a more central location with all major transportation hubs only a few minutes walk away. The accommodation is situated only a 1 minute walk from the Astoria metro station on the M2 Redline. It is also only a 5 minute walk from both the Deák tér and Kálvin tér stations, both on the M3 Blueline.Our rooms combine famous Hungarian hospitality, modern facilities, a central location and affordable prices making it the perfect choice for both tourists and business travelers coming to Budapest.Every room has satellite television, telephone and high speed Internet access and work area. Every room also comes with air conditioning making it comfortable during any season. The ceilings are high and the colors of the rooms are light giving our guests a feeling of space and calm which is always good after a long day of sightseeing or work. The windows and rooms are also sound proof making the rooms quiet and relaxing.Because of its fantastic location, friendly English speaking staff and amenities, the City Central is the perfect place to stay to experience Budapest’s rich history and cultural heritage. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Venere, Hotels.com, Tingo, HostelWorld, Otel, Travelocity, TripOnline SA and Agoda so you can book your Budapest City Central reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.