“Excellent place for spending a nice week-end” 5 of 5 stars

Kapu Panzio Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Ugron Gabor 9, Budapest 1118, Hungary   |
Ranked #182 of 333 Hotels in Budapest
Sopron, Hungary
“Excellent place for spending a nice week-end”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2011

We stayed in Kapu Panzio during last month for a week-end, and I can say that it was a very special place really relaxing,the only thing wich can woke you up it is the birds singing in the mornings.They have spacoous rooms, with real wood furniture, not in a modern style but nice and i think is eco-friendly.
The staff is very friendly and helpful.The breakfast was rich and good.If iI will go to visit budapest again, i will visit this pension again, because it is cheap, nice and with a big nice garden, and safety parking wich is important for us.
I will reccomand this pension to all my friends.Hope to see you soon Kapu Hotel!!!!

Room Tip: Our room was very big, spacious.
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
  • Hungarian first
Bochum, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2011

so first day arrival i have been so impressed they gave me this tourist guide tool when i took the trip by bus. I could hear everything in my language walking arround downtown telling me about the monuments museum the castle district the bridges . After this day i have had such a good sleep , the bed is big and the rooms are from real material and big and not plastic stuff. The air that I breathed was fantastic, no stupid air conditions noise . The breakfast on the huge terasse outside was super in the calm district. After I prepared my shoes camera and some notes of forints and I started the second day where i have finished before. A small walk of 5 minutes. A bus trip to the downtown, 10 minutes later i have been exactly where i wished to be with my friends. We took the best tip from the hotel manager, and have had combined menue and bath in the Gellert Hotel. Yes that was good.
The third and fourth day we spend in the other termal bath Rudat i think was the name.
And again good sleep, some good wines in the bar from the pension and we ordered a lovely family pizza. I wait now to turn back there because , the nice quite hotel place , the relaxing sleep , the good service and breakfast and the international guests we have had contact with , great. Next time i will go by taxi from there to do the big wine fest. Yes that is my planning. This pension they have better prices for everything and they have also special taxy group price.. Ah the last day after a good Sauna and the trimming bike in the pension we asked them to cook for us, best hungarian food, and they made it possible unforgetable good quality of food , but you must book before to have this cooking they gave all informations what they can do for you. Next i am thinking to go with my company there because they do have two places where we can manage training and busyness reception ask before.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Valenciennes
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2009

i spend one week in Budapest and found a nice place Kapu Panzio to sleep well.
The nights away from the daily traffic, a clean place with big rooms .
WIFI connection good to write my reports for my company . Very good breakfast to restart refreshed in the new day.
Really to recommend this because it is confortable nice and good quality price relation.
Taxi always have been in time . Fast downtown and meeting my customers.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled on business