“Super location, friendly service” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel Park
3.0 of 5 Small Hotel   |   24 Jokai Street, Balatonfured 8230, Hungary   |
Ranked #4 of 33 Balatonfured B&B and Inns
Hungary, EUROPE
“Super location, friendly service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

Just returned from Hotel Park, have stayed there 2 nights in a twin bed room. The hotel is located in a super central area, few minutes from the Tagore boardwalk. Our room was quite spacious and clean, furnitures however on the older side but no complaints as the bed was superb, mattress was perfect. Huge bathroom with bathtub. The checkin was quick and friendly so were the front desk people during our stay. Breakfast was excellent, very rich selection. The breakfast room is quite nice, stylish. There is a huge playground in the hotel park for children and also a nice outdoor swimming pool. Table tennis and bikes are also available for use. This is a very nice deal if you do not want to pay much and does not require luxus furniture during your stay :) Recommended.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

8 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Szeged, Hungary
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

The room, and the bathroom, and the bad was clean, and there was real silent at night, which was very important for me :)
But I had to pay more then the negotiated price, which is very very bad, but I had no choice late night... I hate this situation. If I agree the price, I would like to pay that price, not more! I stayed only one night, and I had no time to wait for the breakfast, I had to leave earlier, so no experience about the breakfast, (there was no discount about it of course).
The air conditoner was weak, the room temperature reached the settings only at the morning, so you have to set it a long time before you really need that temperature :)
Because of the price negotiation problems, I will not go there again, it's my rule. Otherwise it was the cheapest air conditoned free hotel room that night, and I had no real problems with the service and room.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Szeged, Hungary
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2010

We had an amazing week with my wife in the hotel, the staff was very friendly, and the accomodation was good. The furniture of the room could be better, I have missed a table, but anyway the hotel was beautiful. The best was the park with its great trees and the pool, perfect place to relax. Both the center and the shore was really close. The breakfast was abundant. The city is also beautiful with a lot of programmes, the wine festival made us going out every evening.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Budapest
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2010

We planed a great week at the Balaton side, but because of the hotel we could't enjoy it at all. The hotel was unbelievable bad. The rooms- small, with old and dirty furniture. The bathroom was dirty and smelling of pee. The restaurant...i prefer better already a fast food. It's a very, very big pity that they own such a good place and they was not able to make anything nice and good there :((

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
dunoonargyll
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2008

Booked this hotel after seeing it in The Lonely Planet Guide Book.
We were put in a room up a back stair next to a hall stacked with chairs. Supposed to be 3 stars.The room and bed were unclean. the TV was broken, the curtains were hanging off the window and the shower was dirty and did not work. Supposed to be a double but was tiny. We asked to be moved and the other room equally disgusting although marginally bigger. it had a cracked window and towels were unclean. We looked for another hotel but nothing available till following evening so we had to stay night. I had prebooked for dinner. Sat over an hour , other customers came and went without being served. Starters eventually came. Turned out that was it!! No other food came. When we complained met with a shrug of the shoulders. We were booked for 4 days but checked out after one. Only saving grace, they did not charge me for the 3 nights I did not take. I cannot recognise this hotel from the description given in the guide book. I stayed in 2006 can only hope things have changed.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Unclean
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Hotel Park? Share your experiences!