“Very, very good” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina
“Very, very good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

In my last review I was a bit harsh on this place. On this years visit my feelings very much changed. I tried the same meals as last year, and to my surprise, everything was just as it should be. The Bey's Soup I complained on in my last review was different, as it should be. No potatoes any more and okra become part of it. My suggestion to the restaurant chef - put a little more okra and serve it with a spoon of cream and a slice of lemon, and that will be it. I also tried kebab, it was very very nice.My wife tried veal soup, she said it was nice also. Compared to my visit last year, the place is now totally packed.Now I can highly recommend this place.

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

• Chinese (Traditional) first
India
“Amazing food and nice ambience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

Restaurant Bascarsija was recommended to us by Franc- owner of Vila Mira B&B where we were staying. We had a long day having done Pohorje and Ptuj on the same day and we were very hungry by the time we came back to city centre. The variety at this restaurant was good and the food was excellent. And I should not forget to mention the person who was attending us. He made some good recommendations and we had a great experience at this lovely restaurant.

Visited November 2011
Mainz
“Beware of huge portions!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

Excellent Bosnian cuisine, but beware – the portions are enormous. My starter of beans and sausages served with delicious, fresh bread, left me bursting. The waitress then appeared with, or rather half-hidden behind, the meat platter for two. An obscene amount of dead animals furnished the plate. We ate till we were in danger of needing urgent medical treatment but sadly a huge amount of the food went unfinished. It all tasted great and cost around 35 euros, including drinks of beer and wine. A point deducted from service for not warning us we were ordering a stupid amount of food.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Canberra
“Good hearty Bosnian food.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I had the Bosnian platter for two, which came out with plenty of food for us. It is centrally located and the staff were friendly. It was recommended to us by locals and we can see why.

Maribor, Slovenia
“A great place with unique atmosphere and excellent Bosnian dishes”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2012

The restaurant's interior is a great indicator of how a old city centre of Bosnia's capital city - Sarajevo looks like. The restaurant has it's own sole and a very warm atomsphere. It makes you stay there even for hours. The dishes are all based on Bosnian food and the rumors are saying that the dishes are even better prepared than they are in Bosnia. The food is very tasty, but what impressed me, were the way that dishes were served. In a very interesting container made out of clay.
So, going to Baščaršija isn't only a unique expirience for the stomach, it is also a great expirience for the mind and heart. I highly recommend the restaurant and can say that it is doubtless one of the better restaurants in town.

• Visited January 2012