“Fraud: they don't tell you you can't get there by car” 1 of 5 stars

Hotel Emonec
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Wolfova 12, Ljubljana 1000, Slovenia   |
Ranked #24 of 29 Hotels in Ljubljana
New York City, New York
“Fraud: they don't tell you you can't get there by car”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

I mean, you cannot even drive up to unload your bags. I even asked a policeman and NO SIR, you can't go there. So we parked in an underground garage with no elevator. We had to schlep our many bags through a park and a pedestrian mall. When I complained the no-car-access situation the clerk told me the info was on the Booking website (I booked through them.) So I fired up my iPad and showed him there is absolutely no mention of the pedestrian only access. I will complain to Booking about this aspect. OK, our room: up one floor, no elevator: four people, two adults and two kids. The room is minuscule, no AC (it's about 90 F today), ONE POWER OUTLET for the whole room, unless you count the TV outlet, perched up on an arm by the ceiling. The price is frankly unreasonable given the quality of the place. (My wife chose it because of the Rick Steve recommend. She didn't see how poorly rated it is on Tripadvisor.)

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
hotelemonec, Manager at Hotel Emonec, responded to this review, June 12, 2014
Dear Sir,

on our web site is cleary written that we are located in pedestrian zone and have access by car only till 9.30am. For guests arrival later we have parking spaces reserved in nearby parking house.

Also on Booking.com is written that we are located in the heart of Ljubljana’s historic quarter which is closed for car. It is also written that we have parking spaces reserved in nearby parking house and that reservation in advance is needed.

We received your reservation on the day of your arrival. We did not received any reguest for parking space and we were not able to send you directions for parking space as we do every day for many guests.

Informations about our location and parking spaces are cleary written you just need to read it.

Our hotel has only 1 floor and because of that we don't have elevator.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
  • Greek first
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

I wasn't really expecting much from this hotel as it was booked as part of a stag do. It was very basic, hence the two stars! Our quad room had mould in the shower and you had to hold the shower head as there was no attachment for it. The beds were pretty uncomfortable, but the sheets and towels were clean. Location is great and the room was large, but noisy. My advice is bring a pillow and skip breakfast. Buy a pastry and coffee from the spa round the corner!

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

Location is very central and convenient. Room, staff, breakfast were fine, but not amazing. Parking was a bit of a challenge. Nearby parking garage is expensive. Parking meters were several blocks away and did not take credit cards. Still, we recommend the hotel and would return.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Venice, Italy
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

It was positive the position, it is really good because it's in the city centre and you have a lot of restaurants, pub and bars around you.

But I didn't like the check in because I left my ID to the receptionist girl for the registration. When I was coming out to the hotel she kept my ID as guarantee even if I had already given my credit card number and I proposed her to pay cash in advance. But she didn't want it. I found it very strange because I work in hotel too and I told her. It was annoying me, because in some places they asked you the ID. Moreover, I didn't like the chambermaid shouting at 9:30 in the morning. The check out is supposed at 11:00, so why do they shout when the people is sleeping?

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
hotelemonec, Manager at Hotel Emonec, responded to this review, May 21, 2014
Dear Sir,

we received your reservation via Booking.com.

The reservation was secure by creedit card.

We have rights to charge your credit card only in case of no show. We are not allowed to charge

your credit card for your stay. When you arrived in our hotel you had options:

- to gave us ID for qauarantee and pay the next day and pay at check out

- to pay by cash or credit card at check in

- to signature the document that you allowe us to charge the credit card for hotel payment

So, you did not pay at check in, you did not signature the document. You chose the first option.

In the hotel must be quiet from 22.00-7.00. Room mades start every day after 8.30. They must clean rooms was guests with early check in.
Gornja Stubica, Croatia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

Location is great in the strict center of Ljubljana. Staff was friendly.
Room is new and basic: bed, closet, little desk with TV and small bathroom.
Everything was clean.
Breakfast isn't so great, coffee is from coffee machine.
Price is too big for 2* hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Beijing, China
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014

Location is ideal here right in the heart of old town. Rooms are everything you need and nothing more no frills. Kind of annoying where the soap/body wash dispenser is located to shower, but results in lower water usage by habit so I can't disapprove of it. If you're driving, they only have 8 parking spots so you'll need to reserve one. If here on the weekend, parking is a cinch since free after 1pm on Sat and all day Sunday on the streets (traffic is LOW). Great experience, but truth be told I would not pay a premium for location in a city like Ljubljana since so much is in walking distance (the price here is quite reasonable)

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Phoenix
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

Rick Steves' tour book brought us to this hotel and we were thrilled! The location was ideal! We walk everywhere so the centralized location made touring Ljubljana easy. We also went on day trips everyday so walking to the bus depot and the train station was incredibly easy from this hotel. The staff was amazing to us! They helped us plan our day trips and gave us tips on how to make the most of our time! They coordinated our shuttle to and from the airport. The rooms are basic. So don't expect luxury but I would not agree that it is a hostel! Our private room and bath worked well for the 7 nights we stayed. Beds were comfortable and the room temp was perfect. We stayed in room 104 which could have been noisy but because of the time of year, we did not have any problems with noise. We did not have a car so parking was not an issue. The wifi worked pretty well in the room but a few times we asked for them to reset it at the front and that seemed to help pick up the speed. I really want to thank the staff for making our trip to Slovenia wonderful!

Room Tip: Ask the front desk for a hair dryer if you need one. They have some hand soap dispenser in the bath...