“Excellent hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Four Points by Sheraton Ljubljana Mons

You added Four Points by Sheraton Ljubljana Mons to your Saves list
Four Points by Sheraton Ljubljana Mons
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Pot za Brdom 4, Ljubljana 1000, Slovenia (Formerly Mons Hotel)   |
Ranked #7 of 29 Hotels in Ljubljana
Tustin, California
“Excellent hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I enjoy staying at Starwood properties and while Sheraton is not my favorite, this hotel shines far above the Sheraton brand. It is far from town but they have a free shuttle to old town. The staff could not be more friendly and helpful. From the minute I walked in at 9:00 in the morning the front desk could not do enough for me including offering me coffee until my room was ready which as about 10 minutes later. Everyone that I came into contact with whether on the phone or in person knew me by name. The room was comfortable and the design of the hotel was amazing.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I have been staying here for two days in February 2015 on a business trip. The location appeared convenient at first glimpse as it was located relatively close to both the airport and to the technology park where I had my appointment. It is also recommendable for passersby who come by car,since it is also located close to some major motorways.

On the upside, the room was quite clean and nice. No traffic sounds, but then again, I had the window closed. Comfortable beds. WIFI worked well and it was quite warm, almost too warm! The staff were extremely friendly and competent (aside from a young shy female whom I took to be a trainee...), and it was no problem to communicate with them in English.

There are, however, some downsides that preclude my giving them a better rating.

1.Be aware that this place is in the middle of nowhere! No shops and no other restaurants around unless you walk about 2-3 km through a rather deserted landscape. They do have a minibar fridge in the room, but this is empty and there is no easy way to stock it yourself. There seems to be no supermaket or shop in or around the hotel. If you want to have some beverages, the only way seems to be to order them in the bar downstairs (during their opening hours...,but they close pretty early) and take them to the room. The prices in the bar are also not so nice. A beer costs about the same as in Norway or Sweden....
The restaurant on site is also very expensive and offers limited food choices. A small steak for 27 Euros!
I would highly recommend anybody to have dinner in downtown Ljubljana where there are plenty of good restaurants of various price classes. For that, and for a shopping/sightseeing trip, the hotel offers shuttle to go to the city centre once an hour, but this eventually stops and then you need to call a taxi. Same with the airport, calculate for ca. 35 Euros one way.

2. The breakfast buffet also is quite expensive for 18 Euros, even though there are quite a choice of different food to chose from, However, there is no bacon to go with the eggs, and the thin coffee offered there at the buffet in a big pot really tasted awful. You can have a much better one at the bar, but this is not included in the breakfast rate.

3. Finally, the whole hotel complex is non-smoking, This may be considered at a Plus for many people, but my secretary had explicitly asked for a smoking room when she booked my accommodation and I only learned about the reality when I finally entered the premises.
Then, of course it was too late to cancel the room. I am not a heavy smoker, but it was really very cold outside and it was not nice always to have to go all the way down to the entrance and smoke outside. This has probably caused me to lead more healthy life than usual for the two days - but nevertheless, I caught a cold... I think the hotel management should explicitly announce before the final booking if they cannot accomodate the wishes of their customers. So this critical statement is definitely not about the "smoking" issue, but rather because of the failure to respond sincerely to our inquiry in general.

Overall, I am not sure whether I should not rather try my luck next time in downtown Llubljana..

• Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

The combination of breathtaking architecture, delicious food, and of course warm and welcoming attitude from the hotel made our (sadly) short stay there delightful. I would love to stay there again and recommend this to anybody with a family, especially since few hotels of this quality are always family-friendly.

Stayed February 2015
Maribor, Slovenia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The hotel is great, i love the hall and the selfie point in the entrance, i wish they would have more flyers about the meaning ob the hotel itself and the selfie point...the stafd is great and polite, please ad a la carte for lunch....i recommend, mostly for business guest!

Stayed January 2015, traveled solo
FourPointsLjubljana, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Ljubljana Mons, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear sportytraveler998,

thank you so much for your great review. We appreciate all of your suggestions and will definetly discuss them. Feel free to pop an email to info@fourpointsljubljana.com and we'll be able to send you more about our design philosophy, history and the pendulum. I personally hope to meet & greet you at our property soon again.

All best,

Belgrade, Serbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 weeks ago

This is surely one of the best hotels in Ljubljana. It is near highway and there is free parking in front of the hotel and there is free shuttle to the city center. Rooms are spacious and soundproof and although they do not have family rooms we were offered two connecting rooms and got 50% discount on the second room. Breakfast is very good, good variety. All our requests were addressed promptly and staff is very professional, always with a smile on their face. This will surely be the hotel I will choose for my next visit to Ljubljana. Good value for money.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled with family
FourPointsLjubljana, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Ljubljana Mons, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Dear Jelena976976,

thank you for your excellent review of property. We are happy you and your family had fun while staying in Ljubljana and we will be more than happy to welcome you soon again.

Kind regards,

Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2015

I stayed at this great hotel. I would like to name front desk "Alya" and "Tina" They took care of my request promptly, particularly I arrived in different time with my friend. All the staffs are so friendly, they offer free shuttle but to LJU center, which is super convenient. To make it better sometime when they have no extra hands, they will call us a cab.
On top of this, our experience in LJU was a great one, highly recommend this beautiful and super friendly city.

Stayed January 2015, traveled with friends
FourPointsLjubljana, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Ljubljana Mons, responded to this review, January 19, 2015
Dear Jefferson L.,

great, thank you very much for this excellent review of our property. We will pass it also to Alja and Tina and make sure we'll keep up appearances in the future. Thank you and I wish to welcome you in our hotel and Ljubljana soon again.

All best from Slovenia,

Bologna, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2015

i think one of the best hotel in ljubljana. they are nice and price are very good. i stayed there for 2 nights on 31 dec and we found it very good. the hotel is totally new, close to the centre and with shuttle service. recommended of course. i come back there very soon. gil

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
FourPointsLjubljana, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Ljubljana Mons, responded to this review, January 6, 2015
Dear Gilbert A.,

wonderful and thank you very much for your great review about your stay during these festive days at our hotel. We're excited to see you enjoyed the stay and all of our facilites. We're excited to welcome you at our hotel soon again.

All best in the New Year and kind regards from Ljubljana,

Aleksander Valentin

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Ljubljana Mons? Share your experiences!