“Excellent way to start your trip” 4 of 5 stars

City Hotel Ljubljana
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Dalmatinova 15, Ljubljana 1000, Slovenia   |
Ranked #16 of 29 Hotels in Ljubljana
ca
“Excellent way to start your trip”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We enjoyed this hotel very much. The staff were friendly,the rooms comfortable and clean and the breakfast in the morning was excellent,especially the coffee. This was our first hotel in slovenia and we weren't disappinted

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Philipp M, General Manager at City Hotel Ljubljana, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear guest,

thank you very much for staying with us at the City Hotel, we are happy to see that you enjoyed your stay with us here in Ljubljana! And also thank you for sharing your experiences with our hotel here on Tripadvisor, we are particularly happy about the comment regarding our staff!

If you ever plan to come back to Ljubljana please let me know at philipp.meister@cityhotel.si, it would be a pleasure to welcome you again!

Philipp Meister - General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
  • Turkish first
Hong Kong, null, Hong Kong
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Room is spacious, clean; all facilities are new, unlike some that are nice on the advertisements and brochures only. Balcony overlooking the castle!

Perfect location within minutes from old town.

Great breakfast selection and in fact most of the food is delicious. They even got high quality capsule coffee as well!

Recommended as price is reasonable!

P.S. You can have free rental bikes to stroll around downtown if you are a hotel customer. (which we did and had a great time!)

Room Tip: Request room with city view, may need to pay a little bit extra but worths it.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
Dear Eric,

thank you very much for choosing the City Hotel for your stay in Ljubljana, we are really happy you enjoyed the time with us so much and wrote this great review!

We are trying our best to keep our rooms and facilities up to date, and breakfast is also important to us since we want to provide a good start into the new day for our guests. We are currently looking at further increasing the offer with more home made items and some new coffee offers with freshly grinded beans...

We hope that we can welcome you back again one day, please let me know at philipp.meister@cityhotel.com if you plan a trip do Ljubljana, it will be my pleasure to assist you with the booking!

Sydney Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The rooms re basic but mostly very clean. I still cannot understand how bathrooms still have mould these days.Mould is easily removed. and this was my only issue with the cleanliness of this hotel.
the staff were friendly and very helpful. Breakfast was good.we did eat dinner one night and the food was acceptable but not remarkable.
The best thing about this hotel is it's proximity to the old townA perfect location.
There is a charge for parking onsite but it is easy to access.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Philipp M, General Manager at City Hotel Ljubljana, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear Holly,

thank you very much for taking the time to write this review, we are happy you chose the City Hotel for your stay in Ljubljana! We are also glad that you enjoyed your stay with us, even though not everything was perfect...

What we get a lot from our guests is the high level of cleanliness, so we are very surprised about your comments and would like to appologize for that - it is definitely not our standard and we will do everything to provide a better service in the future. Could you please let me know at philipp.meister@cityhotel.si in which room you stayed, so we can check make sure it is not going to happen again in the future?!

If you ever plan to come back to Ljubljana please let us k now, it would be our pleasure to welcome you to our hotel again!

Umea, Sweden
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I stayed in the City Hotel for business 12-15 April. I was pleasantly surprised that the hotel only has a 3* rating. I have stayed in many 3* hotels and this was by far the best (esp compared to any 3* hotel in the UK). First, the room was fairly large, with all the possible amenities that make a room comfortable. The bed was large, the mattress was firm and comfy. The temperature in the room was good (I never thought about it, which suggests it was just right). Everything was impecable and clean. The bathroom was sparkling and showering was a great experience. Breakfast was excellent. I never go for cooked stuff, but there was a good range of that - what made it excellent for me was the selection of fresh fruit, next to all the varieties of yogurt, cakes, etc. But, the best thing about the hotel I would say was the service. I was flying out of Slovenia with a 7:00 flight, and when I checked if the hotel has a printer where I can print my boarding card, the guy in the reception offered to print it out for me. He also offered me the 'breakfast bag' without me asking. The hotel taxi service to the airport was fantastic. Overall, I was happier in this hotel than many 4* places I have stayed. I actually do not know what the price is for the room I had - this was paid for me, but I would certainly go there again next time in Ljubljana.

Room Tip: My room was very quiet even though on the front street - but floor 6
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Dear Nafsika,

thank you very much for this fantastic review, we are really happy you enjoyed your stay with us so much! Yes, the hotel is "only" a 3*, but we really try to offer much more service than you would expect or be used to from other hotels of that category - not only the rooms and their amenities are important, but also the big variety of the breakfast buffet and all other services we offer.

I would also like to particularly thank you for the comment about our staff, they are working very hard to provide our guests with the best possible service, and it is great that this is so much appreciated!

Next time you come to Ljubljana please let me know at philipp.meister@cityhotel.si, it will be my pleasure to help with the reservation and meet you personally during your stay.

With best regards from the City Hotel,
Hamilton, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Nice to find a hotel that can sleep four or five people comfortably in a room! We had a very nice sized room with plenty of beds! There was good closet, and storage space and the bathroom was also roomy.
Breakfast at the hotel was good and the servers were super helpful and friendly.
The staff at the front desk were also very helpful, friendly, and kind...they gave our littlest kids colouring books about Slovenia (really nice ones) and made sure we had all the maps and guides we needed for our day at the capital.
It was a bit tricky to find the parking when we arrived but again the front desk was super helpful.
This is a great location to stay to walk to the pleasant old part of town...really recommend this clean, friendly hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear Akoba,

thank you very much for taking the time to write this great review, I really happy you enjoyed the stay at the City Hotel so much!

I'm particularly happy about the kind words you have for our staff, because it is so important for us that they take great care of our guests! With pleasure I will share your comments with them, it is always good to see that their work is much appreciated.

If you ever plan to come back to Ljubljana, please send me an email to philipp.meister@cityhotel.com and I will be happy to assist you with the booking!

Hemel Hempstead, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Stayed here for a long weekend, great hotel. We upgraded our room on arrival, the rooms had everything you needed. Great location, within walking distance of all the sights. Great location.
The only downside was the hotel bar closed at 10.30 and the rooms are so hot, couldn't get the air con to work.
Overall would definitely recommend staying here.

Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
Philipp M, General Manager at City Hotel Ljubljana, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Dear Leez,

thank you for choosing the City Hotel for your stay in Ljubljana, we are very happy that you enjoyed your time with us! Our location is indeed fantastic, only a couple of steps away from the pedestrian areas and all major sights.

We are really sorry for any inconveniences you have had with the temperature in the room! The challenge currently is that during the night it is still very cold and around max. +5 degrees, whereas during the day we already have very nice and warm temperatures - which affects the heating/cooling of the hotel and we are having troubles adjusting the temperatures for such a large building... We are working on it with our technicians!

It would be great to welcome you again to our hotel, if you ever plan to come back to Ljubljana let me know at philipp.meister@cityhotel.si and I will be happy to assist you with the booking!

Egham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2015

Only had the one night at the hotel as I was flying home the next day after a week of training in Sežana, Rooms were very nice with a comfortable bed, be careful with showers as friends in other room had extremely powerful showers so much so as they turned them on they shot of the bracket showering the whole bathroom. Continental breakfast was very nice with a good selection of food and drink.
The hotel is just a few minutes walk from the centre of a very lovely city which i hope to visit again

• Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
Philipp M, General Manager at City Hotel Ljubljana, responded to this review, 5 weeks ago
Dear guest,

thank you very much for your very nice comments, I'm happy you enjoyed your stay with us so much - and of course we would be happy to welcome you back to City Hotel!

If you have a date for your next visit please let me know at philipp.meister@cityhotel.si and it will be my pleasure to help you with the reservation. Also, if you could, please let me know in which rooms your colleagues were staying in so we can have a look at the showers. Of course it is good to have a strong water pressure, but we should check if it wasn't good to regulate that a bit more...

With best regards from Ljubljana,
Philipp Meister - General Manager

Been to City Hotel Ljubljana? Share your experiences!