I spent only one night in City Hotel, hence I really have just the first impession. Before I came to Ljubljana, I checked the website of the hotel. I was surprised, when I saw the size of the room there. Later, when I arrived, I already understand why put there.
I came by car, and I could use the underground garage. It cost about 20€ per night, but it is normal. I arrived about 9pm, and I was alone, probably that is, why I get one really small room. It was not more than 15qm, and the bathroom was max.3qm. A huge cell-fan was over my bad, which was quiet unusual in one modern hotel. It was a double-bad in the room, so it seems to be a double-room, but I do not think, that there is enough place for two people. But anyway the night was quiet, because my room was faced for the court, and I could not hear noices from the corridor.
The breakfastroom was full at 7am, but there were lot of empty tables. I had to stand in line for the coffee, after for the eggs and it took long time.
I propose City Hotel for both, couples, and business travellers, but I suppose to check the type and the size of the room, before the reservation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- City Hotel is located in the very heart of Ljubljana and is an excellent choice for both business guests and tourists to discover the charms of Ljubljana and Slovenia. It has a wonderful view of Ljubljana Castle and the city cathedral, and an ideal location just a stone’s throw from the historic old town. This pleasant hotel among the vibrant city inns, shops, and attractive historical buildings offers local Slovenian and international cuisine as well as a state-of-the-art congress center. The Jože Pučnik international airport is only 25 km from the hotel, and the main railway and bus station is only 400 m away. The hotel is easy to access from all of the city’s major roads; once in the city, you simply follow the blue hotel signs. Ljubljana’s City Hotel is the successor to the venerable Štrukelj Hotel, which opened in 1907. The current hotel excels in its friendly staff, the warmth of its rooms, and a broad range of services found at an excellent location in the very city center. City Hotel has 201 rooms, three luxury suites, an underground garage, a conference center with four meeting rooms, a library, a terrace, an Internet corner, a restaurant, and a bar. City Hotel’s complete makeover concluded with its opening in September 2007. The “basic” and “standard” rooms were renovated, and the “superior” rooms were moved to a completely new part of the hotel. All of the rooms use a card-locking system and all of them have free Internet access. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, HotelTravel.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Hotels.com, Agoda, Venere, Otel and HotelsClick so you can book your City Hotel Ljubljana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cityhotel Hotel Ljubljana
- Ljubljana Cityhotel Hotel