“Great Place” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #38 of 332 restaurants in Ljubljana
Cuisines: Coffee Shop, Dessert, Italian, Central European
Good for: Outdoor seating
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Ljubljana's most famous sandwich shop also includes a full-fledged restaurant and café (in addition to the original soup and sandwiches of course) on the expanded premises. The à la carte selection leans towards the Italian, with homemade gnocchi and ravioli standing out, but also offers a handful of Slovene favourites, and the constantly changing daily lunch specials are a good value. The warm cosy atmosphere is also conducive to dropping in for an evening drink or dessert. Dober tek!
Nova Gorica, Slovenia
“Great Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

Went there last week with my girlfriend during a roadtrip.
Place is right in the center,it was around 20:00 the restaurant was full,but they found a place for two...

We took pasta, and some salad;however the menu looks complete and very interesting; i've seen some interesting dishes in the other tables...specially sandwiches...very rich and good lookin'.
I got some wine,which was very good and tasty,my girlfriend water,however the service was fast,we didn't wait a lot of time.....told out that the place was full.
Atmosphere is ok and attracting,waiter was polite and friendly...i would for sure recommend this place to anyone is interested to eat something in Ljubljana.

77% Recommend
“gran bel posto-great place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012 via mobile

My friends and I came here for a late lunch. It was 6 of us and the waiter put two tables together just for us with no problem. He was talkative and helpful. He walked us through the menu and we let him pick wine for us. We started with the cold cuts (cheese, budjola, honey, prosciutto with melon). For main course I ordered honey chicken breast stuffed with prosciutto and basil and buttery potatoes. Two of my friends ordered meat dishes too, other ordered pasta. It was delicious and the wine was paired with food brilliantly.

Brezice, Slovenia
“delicious food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

I went out in Ljubljana for a walk with my friend. We were celebrating a special occasion. We were hungry and by chance we chose Paninoteka and I'm really glad that we did. We had a delicious meal. Food was excellent, service was very nice, so we left a big tip. Atmosfere was nice and i felt really relaxed. I will come back again.

Kranj, Slovenia
“Best sandwiches - yummy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

I heard how good their sandwiches were and finally got round to try them out. I won't lie if I say that they offer the best sandwiches. I tried one with prosciutto and my partner tried some called domestic. I can't decide if I enjoyed the first one more, or the second one. Delicious! Not much more to say.

Genoa, Italy
“delicious sandwiches and salads, even coffee!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

I spent a wonderful day in slovenia and still assoporo good sandwich I have tasted at Paninoteka to Ljubljana.
Ljubljana beautiful city to live and visit!