“Experienced Tour Guides! Highly Recommend Doing a Private Tour! Worth Every Penny!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Roundabout Travel - Slovenia Day Tours

$55*
and up
Slovenian Coast and Karst Region Day Trip from Ljubljana
More attraction details
Owner description: Alpine Fairytale tour (Bled Lake and castle, Bohinj Lake, Vintgar Gorge, Skofja Loka) - full day tourKarst & Coast Mystery tour (Predjama Castle, Skocjan Caves, Lipica stud farm, Piran, prosciutto tasting) - full day tourEmerald River tour (Bovec, Trenta Valley, White water rafting, Kobarid, Kozjak waterfall, Bled) - full day tourPostojna Cave & Castle tour (Postojna cave, Predjama Castle) - half day tourEast Circle tour (Maribor, Ptuj, Jeruzalem wine tour) - full day tourLogarska Valley tour (Logarska Valley, Rinka waterfall, rafting) - full day tourKamnik Alps diversity (Kamnik, Kamniska Bistrica, Velika Planina plateu) - full day tourLjubljana City tour (cultural and architectural heritage of Ljubljana city centre) - 2 hour tourPub Crawl (best pubs and club in Ljubljana - party with the locals!)
Hong Kong, China
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 84 helpful votes
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

Took three tours with them during my time in Slovenia. The first one was the Karst and Coast Mystery tour, which took me to the Predjama Castle, Skocjan Cave and Piran, with a very brief stop at Lipica to see the White Lipizzaner. Overall, the first trip was nice and I just wish we had a little more time to actually go in and visit the Castle rather than just seeing it from the outside.

The second tour that I tool was the Alphine Fairytale Tour, which took me to Lake Bled, Triglav National Park (a must visit because it's so tranquil and peaceful there), and Skofja Loka. Our tour guide was very patient and lively at the same time, willing to explain every thing in details to us. The minor drawback is that it would have been better if our time a the Bled Castle can be a little bit longer. We did go inside the Castle but it's really a rush to take pictures and see everything in such a short time.

My last tour is actually a private tour from Ljubljana to Zagreb. I was a bit concerned at the beginning because it was raining so bad. My tour guide, Primoz, is probably one of the most friendly and educated tour guides I have ever seen. I was picked up by a BMW and on the way, he actually asked me what I wanted to see and plan around it. Since I didn't have a major agenda, I ended up getting to see a lot of awesome little towns and Kostanjevica-on-Krka, which is a former Cistercian monastery turned into a Gallery. I saw one of the most magnificent exhibitions that I have ever seen in my lifetime by Tomislav Buntak. He actually painted in neon paints and you have to see the painting under florescent lights. It's really an eye-opening experience. Finally, Primoz drove to a little village to experience some local hospitality and visit a couple of home vineyards. Overall, the final private tour, though more expensive, was worth every penny and I really love the warm hospitality provided by the local. It gave me a very positive lasting impression of the country and I will definitely be back!

• Turkish first
Warrenton, Virginia
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Great private tour to Bled”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

My wife and I were in Koper for a port stop on a cruise, but we had done most of the area around Istria, Trieste, Ljubljana, and Maribor on a previous driving trip, so I emailed Mitja at Roundabout to see if we could see Bled, Borjn and the Gorge on a day trip out of Koper and they were very accommodating. Had an excellent quide that told us everything about Slovenian history, people and other areas of interest to my wife and I. He got us back at just the right time, even with the traffic and showed us all the sights with a fine Slovenian meal near Borjn (Strudel ). I would recommend them highly for other tours of Slovenia.

Kanpur, India
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 117 helpful votes
“Small groups and nice guides!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

I took both Alpine fairytale and Karst & Coast tours. One was better than the other. Both are perfect day out. Knowledgeable guides. But remember none of the entrance fees to attractions is included in the price which basically is for the vehicle and the guide/driver only. Best part is that the groups are small (< 8) and so the guide-tourist interaction is highly efficient.

Natick, Massachusetts
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Perfect Day!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

My husband and I went on the Alpine Fairytale tour in July. The day was perfect from beginning to end. Our guide Adrijana was lovely and gave us a wonderful insight into this beautiful country and the region in general. We loved Lake Bled and the castle. Lake Bohinj was also beautiful and not as busy. If you take this tour, I recommend you take your bathing suit and enjoy the activities on the lake. The highlight of the tour for us was Vintgar Gorge - stunning scenery around every corner. Our perfect day was capped off with a visit to Skofja Loka a picturesque medieval town. We hope to return to Slovenia and visit the caves. We will definitely use Roundabout Travel and request Adrijana - her enthusiasm was infectious. Thank you Adrijana. We hope you had a wonderful time at your brother's wedding!

Visited July 2012
uk
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 101 helpful votes
“great trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

I contacted Roundabout travel as i wanted to arrange a tour for my husband for his birthday.I wanted to include White water rafting. i ended up taking a private tour as i wanted this tour on a special day and to start later then the standard tour..after a couple of emails i knew i had made the right choice they were really helpful and had no problem with me asking lots of questions as this was going to be surprise
we were met by Tom our guide for the day outside our hotel we were taken on such a wonderful tour seeing this lovely country
we went to soca valley where we went white water rafting this area is so wonderful the river is really amazing you must do rafting here its great please note this is extra around euro 33
Tom our guide was really fantastic very knowlegable and funny a real lovely person he is so proud of his country
we went to visit lake bled also the scenery to die for.
we were really pleased we booked with roundabout they have many other tours and we hope to take another when we return to slovenia
Book with them and ask for Tom you will have agreat time

Visited August 2012
RoundaboutSlovenia, Manager at Roundabout Travel - Slovenia Day Tours, responded to this review, August 10, 2012
We are happy if you are happy!
we would appreciate you coming back to Slovenia so we can make some more special days for you!
All the best,