“Simply best Thai and other asian selection in town!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #35 of 372 Restaurants in Ljubljana
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Description: Behind a humble, discreet entrance at Križevniška street next to the Križanke theatre, Shambala is a place of harmony. The interior merges the old thick-walled Ljubljana house with a stylish modern interior design, which shows some eastern mystique. The food follows this composition in reverse: It’s essentially Asian, incorporating modern trends and a glimpse of what we are traditionally used to. In short - it’s the eastern promises fulfilled.
Grosuplje, Slovenia
“Simply best Thai and other asian selection in town!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2014

We have been to Shambala for a couple of times now, and every time it was exactly what we searched for. Simple, but thoroughly thought through menu, offers a straight forward combination of classic Thai dishes on one side and some excellent "asian fusion" plates on the other. Make sure you try out the Tiger shrimps marinated in coriander, grilled and served with some mango sauce. Also the Vietnamese rolls are a nice and fresh entry option. Curries at Shambala are absolutely best in Ljubljana, they are prepared with actual curry veggies, and not some local replacements, like usual in Ljubljana's restaurants (I tried at leas a dozen restaurants here, that serve curry).
We are definitely becoming regulars here.

• Visited August 2014

Ljubljana, Slovenia
“Big expectations, great disappointment”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2014 via mobile

We were four and we wanted to try a bit more exotic food. However we found out that this is an overrated restaurant. Waiter was pushy, food was pretty much tasteless, wine to expensive and overall impression not so good. And, it was quite expensive, which even more deepen our disappointment.

Visited February 2014
Ljubljana, Slovenia
“Lovely atmosphere, good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

I live in Ljubljana and every now and then love to visit Shambala, which never dissapoints me. I love the atmosphere, the garden in the summer, the staff is great and of course the food is very good. It's a bit pricey, but somethimes it' s just nice to splurge on yourself. If you're in doubt what to order, just ask the waiter to reccomend something, you won't be dissapointed.

• Visited July 2014
Mojstrana, Slovenia
“Girls night out”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

I visited the restaurant with my girlfriends. It is very nice, cosy and welcoming. As we know Ljubljana quite well, we managed to find it quite easily but if you are a newcomer maybe you need to take some more time to find it. The waiters were very nice and helpful. They don't have much tables so I recommend reservation.

• Visited July 2014
Lexington,KY
“Bright, Fresh Flavors”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

A few steps off the beaten path, but well worth a look at the map to find it... I ate in the beautiful garden which did have some road noise. I opted for the Vietnamese spring roll and a salad. In both, the lemongrass, cilantro and kaffir lime leaf flavors burst in perfect (to my palate) unison. The service was friendly and casual. I was happy to take my time in that beautiful setting; I had the impression that if I expressed some concern about time restraints that they would have been more attentive

• Visited June 2014