“A bit dissapointed” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #33 of 394 Restaurants in Ljubljana
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Behind a humble, discreet entrance at Križevniška street next to the Križanke theatre, Shambala is a place of harmony. The interior merges the old thick-walled Ljubljana house with a stylish modern interior design, which shows some eastern mystique. The food follows this composition in reverse: It’s essentially Asian, incorporating modern trends and a glimpse of what we are traditionally used to. In short - it’s the eastern promises fulfilled.
New York City, New York
“A bit dissapointed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

We have heard about that restaurant and we wanted to try it because of it's good reviews. But we were all a bit disappointed because food just wasn't that good. The scallops were awful and we couldn't finish them. The servis was ok and also the atmosphere was nice.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

London, United Kingdom
“Fabulous food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

We booked this restaurant to celebrate a family birthday and were so glad we did. The food, garden setting and service were all wonderful. I so enjoyed my pak choi and sea bass; they were absolutely delicious, as was my panacotta desert. The waiter recommended wine, which was also very good, and very reasonable. I'd go back in an instant!

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Ljubljana, Slovenia
“Stunning steak with a difference”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

We have become regulars at Shambala and whilst the menu of fusion asian food is all good, we both chose the same main course every time. The steak, which is marinated in Asian spices and lemongrass etc is just unbelievably good. Nice staff too, attentive and always bring the right wine without me having to ask. Go there.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Domzale,Slovenia
“At the moment - best in Ljubljana (value for money)!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

Im a local, so i know most of the restaurant that are reviewed for Ljubljana on trip advisor, and honestly my last couple of visits in Shambala have been consistently very good, so that ranked Shambala, in terms of value for money, on the nb 1 spot in Ljubljana for me! I would def recommend a visit to all who are visiting Ljubljana from abroad. (keep in mind - this is not typical Slovenian food though) The garden is really romantic, the setting is asian inspired, and the food is simply good, consistent quality and its value for money. Culinarical, yes there are more experimental and more gourmet restaurant in Ljubljana, but the ones worth a visit are much more expensive than Shambala. A 3 course menu with a glass or two of wine will probably cost you somewhere between 23eur - 40eur per person. They also have some really good Slovenia wines to go along with the food. Tip: try chocolate soufflé for dessert, for appetiser Vietnamese wraps, main dish - beefsteak or fish with pineapple, peas and chilli! Lately they are very busy, so reserving a table isnt a bad idea, especially if you go for dinner! Buon appetite!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Belgrade, Serbia
“Nice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

Well we came in time when it was not any crowd. My first impression was, what a beautiful interior, unusual and different from all other I saw in Ljubljana. I was not very hungry, but I was curious. I order marinated beef fillet and I was surprised. First evening in Ljubljana I was without comment. Appropriate prices for meat, but wine was over rated. Service was good, music was good, and I left place happy.

• Visited February 2013