“Worth every cent” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 371 Restaurants in Ljubljana
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Central European
Good for: Doing business, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Pagosa Springs, Colorado
“Worth every cent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

This restaurant was recommended by the desk clerk of our hotel, in spite of the fact that there was a restaurant located at the hotel, which he did not mention, so we decided to give it a try. It was certainly worth it, even though it was one of the more expensive in the city. I had the best lamb chops I have ever had, tender and not overcooked at all.

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

• Turkish first
Lake Forest, Illinois
“Maybe best meal ever?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

My husband and i were doing a whirl wind tour of central Europe this past summer and i have been meaning to write a review for months! It was brutally warm last summer in Aug. but this little restaurant made sitting outside a pleasure. The staff was super nice and the ambiance in the outdoor courtyard is old world charm. I cant remember exactly what I had as a main but I do remember it was covered in a brilliant truffle sauce. I still think about that truffle sauce. You could put it over a shoe and it would be delicious! There are very FEW restaurants/meals that I have truly loved but the food at Spajze is worth a trip to Ljubijana.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Best restaurant in ljubljana!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014

This delightful restaurant is situated in the charming back street of the centre. We are regular visitors to ljubljana and the meal we have just had in spajza was so good I feel the need to write a review'! This place has an incredible ambiance and the staff were friendly and professional and the whole show was ran by the gorgeous 'Petra". And now we come to the food.... Oh my the food.... Carpaccio to die for with combinations of flavours that will make your mouth sing a harmony of happiness.... And then please try the steaks with truffles.... The best steak I have ever had, washed down with a wonderful Cabernet!! Go now to sample Slovenian food at the top level. We will be back soon .

Ljubljana, Slovenia
“Pervect selection.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014 via mobile

Haven't been in this restaurant for years, but decided to take my American colleague for a good Slovenian meal after reading some recent positive reviews.

Ambient is very nice. Feels very positive with old chairs, tables and bunch of other old elements.

We have followed recommendations and ordered couple of apertisers. Make sure you try goose and do not forget on spinach gnocchi in shrimp souce as a start.

Main corse - we took rabbit filet, young stalion and young beef. Marvelous..

Take red wine - mixture of Cabernet, Merlot and Modra frankinja. Great!

I think I found my new best Slovenian food restaurant in downtown Ljubljana.

Visited March 2014
Durham
“Lovely restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

A lovely restaurant with a couple of rooms and a courtyard. Such was the season that it was very empty on a Friday night. There was an English menu and the service was perfect (just popping his head around every 15 minutes or so to make sure we were okay).
The meal began with a complimentary amuse bouche. I thought the waiter said “smoked horse cheek” when presenting it, but obviously not. Later, I looked on here and saw that is what he said! Either way it was very nice.
Following this I had octopus Carpaccio with strawberries (again lovely), whilst my partner had vegetable soup which also hit the spot. For the main course I tucked into ‘young horse steak’ with a gorgeous truffle sauce – done to perfection. The sea bass was also very nice and there was plenty too. A side salad we ordered was completely unnecessary.
To be honest dessert was too, but it had been so nice so far we forced ourselves to. I had passion fruit mousse, whilst she had a chocolate mousse. I got a fair bit of the chocolate mousse too as one of us ran out of room. The wine, a bottle of Jakoncic Sauvignon was also lovely (a theme for the white wine of Slovenia if you are yet to come). The bill came to €92, fairly hefty – but it was worth it.

• Visited March 2014