“Pretentious” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
“Pretentious”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

The decoration is the dream of a bad architecture: beautiful and absolutely uncomfortable. The sitting place (kind of sofa) was 90 degrees, no place to relax the back. The cutlery was long, and difficult to handle. Nothing practical.
Now the food: correct. I had a steak, not bad, but as I go quite often to Buenos Aires I can only say that any parilla place is much better. The side dish was some kind of puree, with cheese, no taste at all. The amuse bouche at the beginning very good.
Pricey!

• Visited May 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

“Excellent food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

We enjoyed an excellent dinner, with great quality food, although quite pricey. We let the waiter recommend the food and wine - had a fantastic meal but it did cost 180 euros for the 2 of us!! We would definitely recommend it as a restaurant, just choose your own options to fit your budget !

• Visited May 2013
Ghent, Belgium
“Excellent restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

One of the things I liked in this restaurant was the spacious and at the same time cozy feeling: generous tables not to close to each other and an interior in dark warm shades with a very modern and classy touch.
All this comes with perfect well balanced dishes. In my case a perfect steak in wine sauce, sea bass for my companion. I discovered Slovenia has some excellent local wines made of grapes I never heard of. Service was impeccable, and price very reasonable for this quality.
Would love to revisit.

• Visited April 2013
Los Angeles, California
“Great dishes and excellent local wine!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

We walked around Ljubljana old town and found it by chance. After checking their menu, we decided to give it a try as the place looked lovely and the price seemed to be reasonable. It turned out to be one of the best dining experience in Slovenia. We actually came back here again to celebrate our last night in Ljubljana.

The first time we had delicious steak and lamb chop. The old waiter even gave us free dessert and recommended a really nice Slovenian wine. All dishes and service were very impressive!

The second time my friend had steak again and I had Risotto. This young waiter who served us was also very nice even the restaurant was quite busy then. I would recommend it to everyone who is visiting Ljubljana and would love to go back there myself someday!

See my photos.

Please vote for me if you find this review helpful. Thank you very much.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Ljubljana, Slovenia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The Best!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

This is one of the best restaurants I have ever eaten in. The staff are friendly, helpful, attentive and know everything about the menu and wine list. The food is sensational and not over priced at all, for this kind of meal in London you would be paying double!

• Visited January 2013