“fantastic family rafting and kayaking” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Owner description: Do you want on unforgettable holiday? Let us guide you in the breathtaking Soča valley, in Slovenia. Let us discover together this unique whitewater paradise. Get a friendly hospitality and enjoy the world class rapids of the emerald-green river, the beautiful scenery on your RAFTING, EASY KAYAK trip, or KAYAK SCHOOL. We love this place, our profession and to share the whitewater experiences with our guests. Our principle is to keep the familiar atmosphere, run the river with small groups, work with professional and friendly guides together.
London, United Kingdom
“fantastic family rafting and kayaking”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

I have just been on 4 different trips with Soca Rider and had a wonderful time. I took my 11 year old son kayaking with them twice (we loved it so much), and went on a couple of rafting trips with my 11 year old and 6 year old sons, together with my 7 and 11 year old niece and nephew. While there are many companies in Bovec offering similar rafting trips (during the summer there appears to be only one stretch of the river used for beginners), what makes Soca Rider special are the people running it. Petra and her team are incredibly nice, friendly and great with the kids. They make sure that all the children get involved and have a lot of fun.
Soca rider is smaller than some of the other rafting companies in town. This has the great advantage that you are rafting as a single boat, rather than as flotilla. I couldn't recommend them more highly.

Visited August 2013

London, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
“Wild and wonderful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013 via mobile

Petra and her team were amazing hosts and guides and we spent one fantastic day rafting and another kayaking. We could not recommend Soca Rider more highly and the team are wonderful and in particular looked after our 7 year old and made sure she loved it as much as the rest of the family

Visited August 2013
Chur, Switzerland
“Fantastic Kayak School”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

I spent 5 amazing days with Cseszi and Petra Kayaking on the Soca. I did a 5 day kayak school and improved my kayaking very well. Cseszi is a great kayak guide and Petra gave us all information what to see and do around Bovec in the afternoon. Both of them are great personalites and we had a lot of fun together, thank you very much! Although it was quite cold for May and we had some rain, I had a fantastic week with Socarider! I can recommend them to all!!!

Visited May 2013
Hungary
“Bovec-Socarider:Amazing place-wonderful guides- its a MUST!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

Spent a great week in Bovec rafting with Socarider in June 2012. The hospitality, friendliness and professionalism of the couple running the business made our holiday unforgettable. They were very helpful- before and after the booking and during our whole stay. Gyula is an excellent guide, very safety conscious, with a great sense of humor and the tour with him was so much fun. Petra, she is great, you cant ask anything she wouldn't help you with. Never been rafting before, all I can say is that we have already booked our next adventure with Socarider in 2013.

Visited June 2012
Germany
“SocaRider - experienced, very friendly and flexible”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

We had a super nice time, and can strongly recommend the kayaking tours from SocaRider

We went white water Kayaking with them this week twice, and Canyoning once.
We are beginners for white water kayaking, and did levels II-III with the guide,

The whole team was super friendly and responded flexibly to our needs & level of experience. Gyula Csaszar is a very experienced and patient guide, as beginners we felt very safe with him and learned a lot.

We plan to come back next summer :)

Visited August 2012