“Exciting experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Soca Rafting d.o.o.

Soca Rafting d.o.o.
Trg Golobarskih Zrtev 14 | 200m From the Centre Uphill Near the Church, Bovec 5230, Slovenia
+386 41 724 472
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #7 of 20 Attractions in Bovec
Type: Tours, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: Soca rafting company celebrates 25 years of experience in area of sports tourism in 2014, offering quality services with licenced local guides. New! New! In addition to water sports we invite you also to our zipline park Ucja in Bovec. We offer discounts for groups, families, students and multi-day packages. Our sports centre free facilities: parking place, sef-lockers, wi-fi, changing rooms, shower & toilets. Welcome to Soca valley !
Malta
15 attraction reviews
“Exciting experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

If you are considering rafting in Slovenia, make sure you do it on the emerald green Soca river. The colour of the water is amazing. Soca rafting were very good, they provide you with all the necessary equipment and the guides are very helpful. It was our first time experience and we really enjoyed it. Photos are Euro 4 each or else you can buy the whole cd of the group for Euro 10 which was worth it. The only thing which bothered me was that after the session the group must carry the dinghy up hill which is a bit tiring as it's quite heavy. But still I would recommend them as they are very good.

Visited September 2012

Düsseldorf, Nordrhein-Westfalen, Germany
“Three times on tour with Soca Rafting”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

It was really an amazing experience for the three of us. Being in this beautiful landscape while doing things -Rafting, Canyoning and Hydrospeed- you have normally no possibility to do. The information and advice at the reception were perfect and we had the sweetest and most helpful guides in the world. Thank you for making our trip to Slowenia unforgettable.

Visited July 2012
Tampere, Finland
51 attraction reviews
“Professional but same problems year after year”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

We have used this Rafting company in Bovec 4 times. First time was year 2008. Company provides nice rafting trip for very reasonable price. There are few problems, this company has not fixed, which made us change the company this year.
1. Soca Rafting takes pictures from the trip and is offering customers to buy them. Every picture costs. And company's main desk is full of tourist trying to look what pictures to take. This is crouding the whole shop and makes peiple to wait very long time to wven see pictures.
We already suggested 4 years ago, that company could offer CD with all pictures for fixd price, eg.10€. Pretty much everyone would buy it. Instead, now people chooses 1-5 pictures, pays that same 10€ and gets it on cd... Does not make any sense from operational point of view.
2. Company makes people to carry the rafting boat from the parking place to the river. Understandable is that boat need help to be carried away and back to car. But the way it is done is just brutal. Not everyone is capable to carry heavy boat on their hands above head on rocky down/uphill. From our tourist group, 50% got some sert of neckpain from this. Not good...

Other wise rafting experience itself is fun and well supervised. Recommending Rafting for all :)

Visited July 2011
Norfolk
“A First Class Professional Adventure Company in Bovec, Slovenia”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012

We've just arrived back from a week in Bovec, Slovenia. We went to Bovec for the sole purpose of enjoying some outdoor family adventure activities and Soca Rafting certainly delivered.Whilst there are several adventure companies in and around Bovec we were recommended Soca Rafting by the receptionist at our hotel; we understand one of the longest established adventure companies in Bovec. We started with some mountain biking around Bovec with our own personal guide and ended up using Soca Rafting for white water rafting, canyoning and hydrospeeding later in the week. As we have a 12 year old son we were keen to ensure that the activities were geared to his level of ability. We needn't have worried. The receptionist and guides quickly found out if we'd had previous experience of the respective activities and then delivered them all with the perfect balance of safety and adventure for him. The guides were knowledgeable, professional and courteous at all times and the receptionist always pleasant and accommodating. An excellent service all round and we would highly recommend Soca Rafting in Bovec if it's outdoor family adventures you are looking for. And the scenery is absolutely stunning!!

Visited June 2012
California Central Coast
“Great trip - very accomodating”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2011

I emailed Soca Rafting about 2 weeks prior to my trip to reserve a canyoning trip for one person. I had previously emailed another company who had responded that they didn't have any other reservations for my requested date and if they didn't get a second person they wouldn't be able to do the trip. Soca Rafting promptly responded that I could reserve the trip, but wanted to let me know that they also didn't have any other people that date so if I wanted to still go there would be a 50% surcharge if no one else booked the trip. I told them that was O.K. as I was coming from the USA and wanted to do the trip. She then emailed me an update the day before the trip saying that they still didn't have any other people for canyoning, but did for rafting and I could choose either option when I arrived the next day.

When I arrived the next morning I decided to switch to rafting; she told me that if anyone expressed interest in canyoning later that day I could do that in the afternoon. We had a fine trip. As the water level was quite low being that it was September, the trip was more technical rather than big, fast moving rapids. The river and scenery were beautiful.

Upon returning late morning, I was informed that some people had signed up for canyoning that afternoon and I could do that as well. Furthermore, they give a multi trip discount and she gave me 20% off both the canyoning and the morning's rafting trip which I thought was a great deal.

The canyoning was loads of fun. I've been thru a number of slot canyons in the American Southwest, but this was a different experience jumping in pools and sliding down rocks as we made our way through a river gorge. Our guide, Matic, was both entertaining and safety focused (you wear helmets, full wetsuit, use ropes, etc.). If you are careless, there would be a possibility of getting injured. We saw another guided group go thru the gorge, and it didn't seem that their guide was that focused on safety.

Overall, this was a great first day in Slovenia and I would highly recommend Soca Rafting.

Visited September 2011