“Very Accomodating” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 23 Hotels in Bled
Casa Grande, Arizona
“Very Accomodating”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

We wanted to stay in a bed and breakfast, but we were there in November and almost everything was closed. We just showed up and they gave a nice room at a nice price. The staff spoke numerous languages and were very professional.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
  • Turkish first
Banbury, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

The outlook of this building I admit looks like a car park or block of flats DO NOT be put off.
The interior is very modern but with a cosy feel (much better than the sister Park Hotel) wood and marble everywhere and spotlessly clean.The room I had was huge with a great bathroom and balcony, even if this wasn't a lake view.The staff very very polite and helpful and always gave you a good morning or evening.The food ,buffet style, was very good with a great choice with excellent desserts.Also the pool (they call the area The Wellness Centre) is again excellent and clean but does get busy.Would book again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

The hotel was functional and worked well, staff were efficient, although service with a smile doesn't seem to be a priority. I booked a room with a view, and got a corner room with a drop dead view over the lake - truly stunning.
The single room was spacious for one, with a functional shower and bathroom. The hotel was in the same square as all the other hotels in touristy parts of Bled, i.e. next door to Kompass, Golf and another slightly cheaper one. The pool area was lovely, but packed every day so I didn't use, it, but it is a short walk (down many steps) to reach the lake for a swim there.
I will definitely return to Bled.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Rishon Lezion, Israel
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

It was our second family trip to Bled and we booked a Golf Hotel by impression , this is the best hotel in Bled in additional to great SPA Ziva Center which we visited once last year. The agent booked for us two rooms with AC, with the Lake view.Bled met us with the record temperature + 35 C. On the reception we made a fast registration and after a short discussion we got connected rooms . The first surprise when we arrived to the rooms - they had no AC. On the reception we were explained that they have no more rooms with AC and the Hotel is full... at least we had a lake view.. and luckily we got the last fan from the reception..
The same night we were unable to sleep up to the early morning as we had to keep balcony open the whole night and listening to live music & noise from all the restaurants.The next morning we were trying again to get rooms with AC , but without any success. Reception desk had the same answer - no AC rooms.. Later on we heard as one Russian agent boasted to their group that only they had AC rooms...

Ziva Center planned to be a good option for evening relaxation and on the first three days we were really enjoying it. However on the 4th day of our stay one of our kids got sick and my wife was sure that he got a virus in the pool of the Ziva Center, when going down from the water slide.The breakfast was OK , however better to get there before 9:00 , when tourist groups are leaving for excursions.The Veranda restraint was very friendly and we really enjoyed the staff and food there.

Bled is the great place, however after unforgettable holidays last year in Triglav Hotel we were really depressed by the Golf Hotel this year...

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
SavaHotelsResorts, General Manager at Golf Hotel Bled, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
Dear guest,

May I first thank you for choosing our Hotel Golf for your stay in Lake Bled.

When reading your review I realized that generally you were satisfied with your stay, but missed the air conditioning. There are some hotel rooms which are not air conditioned, therefore I apologize. We try to help with the fans…However, I have some good news: we are planning to finish the air conditioning before next main season which makes me convinced that we will increase the level of our guests' satisfaction.

I am also glad that you enjoyed visiting the Ziva Spa Center. I am sorry about your child, however we can't be sure where the virus came from. Anyway, I hope your child is alright now.
Dear guest, hopefully we will be able to welcome you again.
Best regards from Lake Bled,

4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013 via mobile

The location of this hotel overlooking lake Bled is a major attraction.The breakfast was great, we frequented near by restaurant and food there were surprisingly good. The location mesmerises you that small niggles don't really matter. Would love to visit again.

• Stayed June 2013
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013 via mobile

My partner and I stayed at the Golf whilst visiting for a wedding. We booked through the 'wedding special' that offered rooms at a 'discounted rates' for 3 different hotels in the area (a 3 star, 4 star and 5 star option).

A couple of weeks out from the trip we realized that we had to confirm a lake view room and check if it had aircon. Turns out that only 17 out of 150 rooms have air con and the majority of which, are the hotel's suites. They were at least kind enough to give us a fan!

The room was simple, and set in the 70's, but clean and the bed was comfortable.

The view was incredible.

The location was the good. In the center of town. Had to walk up heaps of stairs, but manageable .

The wellness center looked nice, but the staff were rude and obnoxious. They almost refused to let me go in if I wasn't actually swimming. And audibly showed there dissatisfaction with life. None the less, there was plenty of chairs and the pools looked great.

The breakfast was simple but adequate.

Overall, had a great time in bled, but if I was to return I'd either pay that bit extra to stay somewhere fancy, or the 3 star hotel next door (which had air con, and you could use all the golfs facilities).

• Stayed August 2013
SavaHotelsResorts, General Manager at Golf Hotel Bled, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Dear guest,

May I thank you for your review. I am pleased to find out that you liked the room, view, wellness center, breakfast.

As far as air conditioning is concerned, we are planning to install it in the remaining rooms. However, there are much more than 17 rooms air conditioned, I don't know what the source of your information was.

I apologize if the staff in our wellness area behaved inappropriate; I believe a misunderstanding could be the fact that all visitors should wear swimwear even though they are not swimming. Of course the staff should kindly explain it to the guests.

Dear guest, I still hope to be able to welcome you again and remain
Sincerely yours,

Essex
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

Having read previous reviews we booked a lake view room, with balcony and air-conditioning. Unfortunately our booking agent omitted the air conditioning, and there were no rooms with A-C until after we were due to leave. I don’t understand why reception staff did not at least offer us a fan.

And so our room was extremely uncomfortable, especially at night. With day-time temperatures reaching new records, the nights were also very warm. We had the balcony door open all night, and on the first night were unable to get to sleep until 4 am because of revellers from either a night club or the casino, or possibly both. We continued to be disturbed by outside noise for most of our stay (1 week).

There were lots of small things to niggle about in the room itself. The carpet had several marks on it, there was a stain on the 2-seater chair, the plastic chairs on the balcony needed a good scrub, the sliding doors of the wardrobe were scratched and creaked loudly each time they were moved, the wooden desk top was also scratched. There was also a long crack in the wall by the door (entrance).

The bed was comfortable, but the fitted bottom sheet was too small for the mattress, so it resulted in a wrinkled sheet. Sheets are changed every 5 days, sooner if you pay a supplement. Ours were duly changed on Day 5, and my nightdress also disappeared on the same day. After initial concern, Reception implied that I had mislaid it somehow. To top it all, they sent up the Head of Housekeeping to our room, but I don’t know why, because she spoke NOT A WORD of English, so we had a futile exchange of words. I heard no more about it, and am now minus a nightdress.

The bathroom was fine, with frequently changed towels and lots of shelf space. The hairdryer was pretty useless though. It was one of those with a flexi-hose and a rectangular bit on the end: lots of noise, but useless for styling hair. The hairdryers in the swimming pool changing area are much better.

The food was quite nice: certainly a lot of choice, but mealtimes were a bit frenetic, with lots of people wandering around filling their plates from the buffet. The waiting staff were efficient and friendly. The barman with a moustache was particularly friendly. Inghams include free afternoon tea/coffee and biscuits, which was always nicely served.

The best part of this hotel is the swimming pool complex, which is suitable for all ages.

The view from the balcony was stunning, and helped to dissipate the disappointment with the room.

The small shopping centre and lake are down several flights of steps which, of course, means one has to climb up again to reach the hotel.

We enjoyed several trips out from Bled. The Vintgar Gorge and the Postojna Caves are must-sees, and there are lots of walks nearby, as well as activities around the lake itself.

Room Tip: Get a room with air conditioning if staying here in the summer months
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
SavaHotelsResorts, General Manager at Golf Hotel Bled, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for staying at the Hotel Golf.

I am pleased to find out that you were satisfied with the hotel's location, bathrooms, food, staff, and swimming pool complex and excursion possibilities.

On the other hand, I am sorry about the described points. We will try to install the air conditioning in the remaining rooms as soon as possible. I agree that the front desk staff should have offered you a fan and I apologize because it hasn't been done. Further, we are gradually renewing the furniture and wooden surfaces of the hotel and I expect that the remaining rooms will be renewed soon too.

Secondly, I apologize about the night noise; as already explained to other guests, we are aware of the issue. We have officially informed the municipality representatives about it and believe that the situation will improve shortly.

I also apologize about your nightdress, I have checked about it personally – it hasn't been found. Anyway, I am asking you to contact the hotel directly as we will recover the costs.

Dear guest, I hope that you will give us another opportunity to convince you with our services as we would like you to bring nice impressions from our hotel and Lake Bled.
Sincerely yours,

Fedja Pobegajlo, executive director

Been to Golf Hotel Bled? Share your experiences!