“Beautiful hotel with a great location” 5 of 5 stars

Golf Hotel Bled
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Cankarjeva 4, Bled 64260, Slovenia   |
Ranked #11 of 23 Hotels in Bled
Aurora, Ontario, Canada
“Beautiful hotel with a great location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

We stayed two nights at the Golf Hotel Bled arriving Thursday, July 18th and departing Saturday, July 20th. Upon check in, we were given a room that had no air conditioning. We went back down and Boris who was working the desk as well as a female manager was very helpful in finding us another room with air conditioning, even though the hotel was completely booked. A conference has just finished, and they were able to quickly clean an air conditioned room for us which they had been using as a hospitality room for the conference.

We found their customer service to be top notch and very professional. If you are booking through the Sava Hotels Website and you are accustomed to living with air conditioning as we are in Canada, just make a note of it when you are checking in that you would like an air conditioned room.

Once we got settled in, the hotel is fabulous. It is right in the middle of all the action in Bled, not that Bled is very large to begin with. The pool facility is great with lots of chairs, with long hours and would be a great place for any family with young children.

Upon check out, they were very kind, held onto our bags for us while we enjoyed the pool facilities after check out. I can not say enough nice things about this hotel and we will definitely be staying here again when we return to Slovenia in the next couple of years.

Thanks to the staff for a great two days in Bled, Slovenia.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
  • Turkish first
Zagreb, Croatia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

We stayed two nights and first impression was a fabulous room with great views. The day of our arrival was very hot and we immediately found that the room had no air conditioning and also the refrigerator did not work (we reported it but no action other than to agree that it was in fact not working). An order of ice from room service rectified the refrigerator problem and opening the balcony doors eased the heat problem as night fell. Went to dinner (buffet style) at 8pm only to find there was nothing left except salad, potatoes and desserts. 30 minutes on and none had been replenished and I doubt that it ever was. Waiter for the table was rude and didn't care about the problem.

A big party somewhere in the town (on a Monday night, not the weekend) until 4:00 am meant that sleep was virtually impossible as the heat was oppressive without air conditioning and the balcony door closed.

On checking out we were charged €6 for room service for the ice required because the refrigerator didn't work! Could not recommend this hotel and how it got a TripAdvisor hotel award is beyond me.

Room Tip: Only stay at this hotel if you don't mind hot noisy rooms
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
SavaHotelsResorts, General Manager at Golf Hotel Bled, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Dear guest,

I would like to thank you for your review regarding your stay at the Hotel Golf.
I am pleased that you liked the room and a view. Unfortunately not all of the rooms have air conditioning but we will do our best to install it as soon as possible. As hotel is located very close to the town center there are many events in the area, especially in summer season. I do agree with you that they shouldn't last so long; we keep informing local authorities about this issue but we aren't always successful.

Food on our buffet table is being replenished as it is freshly prepared; I wish to apologize if this wasn't the case during your visit. I have already spoken to our F&B manager about it and I am convinced that such things won't happen again.

After checking the situation with the refrigerator I found out that our maintenance staff turned the refrigerator in your room on twice during your stay. Obviously it must have been turned off before unintentionally.

Dear guest, I am sorry if you weren't satisfied with the services and hope to be able to improve the impression during your next possible stay.

Belgrade, Serbia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

I booked a room through booking.com two months before the holiday. The hotel confirmed reservation for a room with lake view. A few days before I left I got an email that I get the room with park view. They don`t care on my complaint. Since they have already ruined my holiday, I tried to spend as little time in the hotel as I could! Bled is nice place and if you want to go there choose anothet hotel. They have nice pictures but it is far from the truth.

Room Tip: For good room change the hotel...they told me so!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
SavaHotelsResorts, General Manager at Golf Hotel Bled, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Dear guest,

May I thank you for your review.
I would like to apologize for not being able to assure a lake view room for you. Unfortunately we had a situation with some unexpected reservation changes therefore we couldn't find another solution but offering a park view room as we still wished to assure a stay at the Hotel Golf.
Hopefully we will still have an opportunity to welcome you at our hotel.

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

Nice hotel from 70´s, but the rooms are very nice. Breafast quality was very good, Halfboard dinner a little bit limited. You have to taste Bled´s cream cake, it is very tasty.
Hotel is only fe steps from Lake Bled, there is enough parking lots. This hotel is mostly occupied by bus groups, so in the morning there should be a problem with elevators - there are only two.
I can reccomend this property for individuals for 2 or 3 day stay, but not for a week.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Prague, Czech Republic
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

Strange enough, most of the hotels at Bled give the impression that the time stopped 20 years ago ... in terms of design, appearance and the level of service.
While it is a decent place to spend a night or two, the design and appearance (incl. rooms) resembles late 60s or early 70s, there is no air-con in the rooms (which means that during the summer the room temperature gets quite uncomfortable, the hotel bar closes at 10 PM and after that no way to get a coffee or even non-alcoholic drink (except minibar in the room where they charge around 3,50 EUR for the smallish bottle of soda).
If you come by car be aware of the limited capacity (insufficient) of their car parking ... to find a parking space in Bled might be pretty challenging.
Also, the breakfast was so-so ... both in terms of choices and quality.
On the positive side: the hotel rooms are reasonably sized, both the room and hotel public areas were clean (albeit I would not say spotlessly clean) and WiFi is reliable with a decent bandwidth.
All-in-all, not a bad hotel but for 100 EUR per night I would expect more.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
SavaHotelsResorts, General Manager at Golf Hotel Bled, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Dear guest,

May I thank you for choosing our Hotel Golf for your stay in Lake Bled. Thank you also for your review. I am pleased to find out that you liked the room size, cleanliness and Wi-Fi.

As far as hotel design is concerned I was a bit surprised about your comments. The hotel was completely renovated 9 years ago when also a wellness (spa) center was added to the hotel. Further, we will install air conditioning in the remaining rooms as soon as possible. Hotel parking can be busy in the peak of the season which was the case during your stay.

I would like to apologize if the hotel bar was closed at 10 pm as it should have been opened until 11 pm. I have already discussed this issue with our F&B manager therefore I am convinced that our guests will have an opportunity to enjoy visits at the bar also in late evenings..
Dear guest, I still hope to be able to welcome you again and remain

Newcastle, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

Stayed 11 nights in mid - June and had a wonderful holiday at the Golf. This was a return trip after 8 years and there were some good developments at the hotel. The staff from reception , bar, restaurant, room service were all very welcoming and took time to get to know us as longer term residents. Lack of air - con in our park view room was a problem for us as the temperature hit 34 degrees for 8 days. Upgrading to a lake view room was easily arranged, but it would have been impossible later in the week. The lake view room was worth it and the room had free wi-fi. Wi-fi free in lounge area. Air -con in main areas. Magnificent views from dining room of Lake. The food is buffet style,but there is a wide choice and the staff are very helpful and knowledgeable about the area. We used the flexible /dine around in the town option at other Sava owned restaurants which was a welcome development on this trip. At times the volume of overnight oriental coach parties affected the dining room so we chose to dine later. However the high-handed behaviour of their overseas tour reps with waiting staff needs addressing i.e. telling to move other customers from their tables during a meal to benefit their group.! The spa and pools are great on an overcast day although the pool cafe is a gloomy experience -they seem to have lost the
cheerful staff from my last visit. Spa staff great and more affordable this time with daily bargains.
The classic car rally (Frazier-Nash raid on Slovenia) was an added bonus and the daily pianist too.
Steps to the Lake keep you fitter than a stairmaster at the gym.

Room Tip: Air conditioning is only available in the lake view rooms. Worth paying extra as in June the temper...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

The main downsides to this hotel are the lack of air-conditioning in the bedrooms, although we did manage to acquire a fan via Reception, and wi-fi only being available in the Reception area.
The food was adequate but is buffet style which does not lend itself to quality cuisine. We travelled as part of a group so it was what we expected.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
SavaHotelsResorts, General Manager at Golf Hotel Bled, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Dear guest,

May I thank you for your review. I apologize as all of the rooms are not air conditioned (we plan to put air conditioning in the remaining rooms as soon as possible). Wi-Fi is available in all of the rooms therefore I am surprised to read your comment about that; we also have no complaints about that.

Anyway, I hope you brought nice impressions from Lake Bled. You are always welcome to visit us again.

Best regards,

Fedja Pobegajlo, Executive Director

Been to Golf Hotel Bled? Share your experiences!