We stayed at this hotel for 4 nights on a half board basis from 21st - 24th May. We booked on a bargain deal through Balkan holidays (package was HB & accommodation only). We were given a room on the 4th floor (423) facing the lake with a view of the lake, castle and church, fantastic view. All rooms at the front have a balcony, rooms are very clean with nice furniture. So 4 stars for this aspect but...
I only rated this hotel 3 stars because of the following negative points:
- extras for the room, ie. things you'd forgotten toothbrush etc were chargeable and extremely expensive (luckily we didn't forget anything!), ie. 4-5 euros
- breakfast had a good choice, fruits, soya milk (for people who can't tolerate milk), good choice of cereals, however the hot food was barely luke warm so not really edible and only offered boiled and scrambled eggs (no fried). Also the coffee out of the machines (supposed to be fresh coffee) was awful, again barely warm and awful taste. The only other choice was instant coffee in an urn (plus tea of course)
- dinner was 2-3 star quality, hot food was only warm, mixed veg had tinned carrots. Meat and fish was ok but not hot so not nice to eat. Hot vegetarian food was poor, ratatouie one night, couscous and peppers next night, and nothing on the friday night. I asked the waitress for a omelette on the final night and was told no I had to have what there was so I ended up asking the duty manager who was very nice and did organise an omelette and delivery it himself! Luckily the salad bar was really good, nice fresh salads, cheeses, good choices. The dessert/cakes were all very much the same, sponge cake with fake cream on! However they did have lovely icecream. There was a couple of other restaurants but all the guests on package deals (Titan, Thompson, Balkan etc) had to eat in the restaurant and as you usually find the standard is not as good as it should be
- I asked for tap water as I don't drink and was told I could only buy bottled water. I find this very annoying, tap water is free! I always ask for tap water everywhere I go, most times its not a problem, this is the hotel just trying to make more money!
- the aircon in the room was a bit poor, was very weak, it wasn't that hot in May (max 20 degrees) but the room was very hot and the aircon didn't make that much difference, the temperature did really drop at night but not in the room!
- the shower did not maintain the temperature, it kept going hot and cold!
- leisure facilities were good at the hotel but for a 4 star I'd expect shower gel in the changing rooms and there wasn't any (didn't particularly like the communal changing rooms either, but perhaps that is usual in Slovenia). We took the opportunity to use the Golf Hotel leisure facilities which were superior to the ones at the Park Hotel, great facilties but it let itself down slightly by the chipped tiles all over the floor in the various pools, I hit my toe on a chipped area by the stairs - health and safety in the UK would not allow this!
- we enquired at reception about a shuttle bus back to the airport - don't be caught out by them trying to get you to take a taxi back to the airport, we read reviews of this hotel before we went and read someone elses comments about this and then we experienced the same thing. They have 2 internet machines near the reception so we checked if we could get a shuttle bus to the airport which is listed on the Ljubjana airport site, its called Zup. However the receptionist claimed she'd never heard of it and its 45 euros for a taxi to the hotel. We just went to the tourist info and booked it with them (you can also book online) 26 euros for the 2 of us! Quite a difference!
We stayed at the 4 star Slon Hotel in Ljubjana which was of a much higher quality, a big difference! The breakfast at this hotel was far superior. Also any forgotten items in the room were free.
We were given a room on the 4th floor (423) facing the lake with a view of the lake, castle and chur...
See more room tips
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
Report response as inappropriate
Thank you for your review about your stay. It is nice to read that you liked cleanliness, location of the hotel and the views from your room.
As far as your comments about the food are concerned I have already discussed them with our F&B manager; our guests are generally very satisfied with the variety of the food however I have to agree with you that it should be hot, not only warm. Please accept my apology regarding this matter.
We do offer a list of items which are mostly forgotten at home and therefore have to charge something. I believe it still is friendly towards the guests to provide such things. Our guests have possibility of buying special isolated glass bottles from our 'Green for tomorrow' collection which enables them to have free of charge tap water during their stay (and during the whole trip of course).
Thank you also about the mentioned technical issues; we took the necessary actions about them.
Further, our guests are welcome to visit our wellness center at the neighboring sister Hotel Golf and they always enjoy the visit. I am sorry about your hit toe.
We do have a contract with some taxi drivers who can bring our guests to a nearby international airport at any time. Bus connections are not that regular therefore guests prefer taxi connection even though it is a bit more expensive.
Dear guest, I hope I explained the points from your review and remain
SAVA HOTELS BLED
Fedja Pobegajlo, Executive Director
This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of TripAdvisor LLC.